Account settings, Board Settings, Etc.
Is there a function to block signatures somewhere in the settings? This feature was very helpful on the MTF. Confused:
Yup, that can be done right here.

The long way: Go to the User Control Panel (at the top), then go to the Board Preferences tab, and finally Edit Display Options. There should be an option where you can turn off Display signatures along with several other display options.
Excellent, thank you!
Hey there is only one sig on this board so far. :roll:

OK, I get it TP comes from trees. Laughing

I never knew that I could turn off sigs on the MTF. It's nice to know that you can.
You do realize that the clock is not correct right?
Okay, well, I was thinking of future use. JJ's is only mildly annoying. Wink I actually get a kick out of most of the sig's, I just don't want to see them a gazillion times. :roll:
Will there be a birthday scroll on the bottom of the main page?

And is t here a 'view new post' button. And do we get member numbers?
Is there a way to have the poster info on the LEFT side, as at MTF? Or boxes or something to divide the posts from each other to make them easier to read?

I also appreciated the POST number on MTF, so you could refer to what "So-n-So said in Post #56" etc.

Sorry...old dogs, etc.
Yup, there will be a birthday listing.

Regarding moving the poster info to the left-hand side, I'm planning on doing that by changing a theme over to something that's a little more familiar to the old MTF style. I'll have to check into the post ID# stuff; as for member numbers, those are kept in the forum's databases but not displayed by default - that might be tweakable in the theme as well, I'll have to check into it. Smiling

There is a "View new posts" button, but it's only on the main page for the time being; I'll see about getting it on all of the forum's pages.

Regarding the clock, I'm pretty sure it's a timezone issue. I'll take a peek to see if there's a way to force a "default" timezone on registration, I'm guessing by default it set it to UTC (GMT). You can change this in the control panel, however, under Board Preferences.

FYI, hoping to be able to make some of these changes soon, but I'm out of town this week, so I won't be able to do much except during the morning/late evening.

Thanks everyone!
Is the current template going to eventually change to one of the classic-looking ones that JavaJabbers linked too? And can we get rid of the "save" button? It's totally screwing me up.
I really LIKE the "Online" banner when you are. A nice change.

Thanks for ditching "Save"....is there anyway to get more "color" or a line or something between posts? Its hard to see where one starts and one stops (or is that just me??)
I like the online banner, too......

As for the colors, it is not just you....they DO blend into each other

(although, my eyes aren't quite what they used to be Laughing )
OK Tealeaf, Please tell me how to post my avatar. I already re-sized it but I am apparently doing something wrong. Confused
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing :shock: :shock:

I absolutely canNOT believe that anyone is asking me how to do something on here (computer)....if my husband was awake he would be laughing out loud with me, and a lot of the time he is not even sure what is going on! Confused Sad

Thank You...you made my day Big Grin

I got it here by accident....I couldn't do it at any of the other new sights (forums)....

I think I right clicked on the picture...
went to properties...
somewhere on there was the address(?) or whatever...started with http/..etc.

anyway...I copied & pasted the address(?) onto this control panel....and submitted (or whatever)

I hope this helps.... Smiling
Um. Is it just me or are all of the posts off by one hour? Someone forgot the time change.
Can't we get the 'view new posts' up on the top of every page not just the board index page?
Can you turn off/tone down the incredibly annoying cascading quotation feature? Can I just quote LAST post, not every one that precedes it??
tealeaf Wrote:I like the online banner, too......

As for the colors, it is not just you....they DO blend into each other

(although, my eyes aren't quite what they used to be Laughing )
I agree, they do blend into each other and make it difficult to differentiate. Also, on the main page the icon on the left with the scrolling text is hard to differentiate between the haven't read yet (blue) and have read (black).
I hate to be a complainer...but this is a really visually complicated interface. I thought you were going to reformat to 1) put the poster on the right and 2) get it to look more like the old MTF.

Not to stir the pot, but perhaps you and JoeyDG can swap notes. I really like the interface on the MedfordForum but this site seems to be where the action is.
oldoregon Wrote:I hate to be a complainer...but this is a really visually complicated interface. I thought you were going to reformat to 1) put the poster on the right and 2) get it to look more like the old MTF.

Not to stir the pot, but perhaps you and JoeyDG can swap notes. I really like the interface on the MedfordForum but this site seems to be where the action is.

My one and only complaint is still the 'view new posts' button. I do admit though, that I don't tend to look at avatars as much when they are on the right.