Rogue Valley Food-Eating Out and At Home
Tia Wrote:I'd still like to see a good Greek restaurant come to Medford or immediate surrounding area.
Well, if GP was "surrounding" enough there is an awesome Greek Deli there. Abu's. MMM They are right next to the GP NoHo's...Orchid Grill
AmandaChantel Wrote:
Tia Wrote:I'd still like to see a good Greek restaurant come to Medford or immediate surrounding area.
Well, if GP was "surrounding" enough there is an awesome Greek Deli there. Abu's. MMM They are right next to the GP NoHo's...Orchid Grill

Nope. I am never in GP.
AmandaChantel Wrote:

Confused There's a Noho's in GP???
Javajabbers Wrote:
AmandaChantel Wrote:

Confused There's a Noho's in GP???
NO, I should have said that Noho-Like place in GP...Orchid Grill
I haven't read any of this thread, but I eat at home. Financially I have to REALLY pick where I am willing to spend money on food I can cook myself.

TouVelle is the ONLY place I spend such money.
AmandaChantel Wrote:
I love the Shawarma pita bread sandwiches at Abu's. The owners are Lebanese and the food is lebanese and Greek. It is worth remembering if you find yourself in GP. Open only till 7:30 pm.
Anyone see the 'hambee' yet? We stumbled into him the other day. he/she is quite startling! You do a double and a triple take and then you laugh. Pretty good stuff. I think I'm might try one of their sandwiches. Not tomorrow, though. I'm taking the kiddos out for an outing. Find a nice park, nice trees, too bad i don't have a kite. I know, I'm still up. I usually can't sleep too well, even with two sleeping pills inside me.
Well I did Kalypsso's Restaurant in GP for lunch. It was good but kind of empty. I also got a culinary lesson on the origin of certain foods. The owner told me that empanadas were Argentine not Mexican cuisine. I'm keeping my eye on that communist.
Cletus, I had lunch at Kalyppso on your suggestion yesterday. They were wonderful and very helpful in the menu choice (I had no clue). I love that place!
AmandaChantel Wrote:Cletus, I had lunch at Kalyppso on your suggestion yesterday. They were wonderful and very helpful in the menu choice (I had no clue). I love that place!

Amazing, I was thinking of you when I went because I know you are in the area at lunch and inquired about it. I was thinking of inviting you. Then the wife and I were free for lunch at the same time ( a rare event lately) so I took her. Have you eaten at the circle J on G Street?

I thought of Too Anxious too but she lives in Talent for crying out loud. Laughing
cletus1 Wrote:
AmandaChantel Wrote:Cletus, I had lunch at Kalyppso on your suggestion yesterday. They were wonderful and very helpful in the menu choice (I had no clue). I love that place!

Amazing, I was thinking of you when I went because I know you are in the area at lunch and inquired about it. I was thinking of inviting you. Then the wife and I were free for lunch at the same time ( a rare event lately) so I took her. Have you eaten at the circle J on G Street?

I thought of Too Anxious too but she lives in Talent for crying out loud. Laughing
Circle J is good. They have great sweet potato fries. My MIL fell and broke her collarbone there last August on her birthday. I don't think we have been back Razz since.
I haven't eaten at Circle J, either. The people I go with usually are not into exploration of other restaurants. If its not Thai BBQ, Taquerilla, Matsukazi or fast food...we don't go. Also, for most ofus to be available at lunch at the same time is unusual.
Well, I have no real plans or reasons to go over to GP except to visit the Greek Restaurant and get Pomegranate Molasses. Supposed to go yummy with Lamb. Laaammmbbb! Drooool! I think I just might buy a leg of lamb. I'll be eating it alone. But I do love Laaaaaaaamb!![Image: homer-drool.jpg]
Tia Wrote:Well, I have no real plans or reasons to go over to GP except to visit the Greek Restaurant and get Pomegranate Molasses. Supposed to go yummy with Lamb. Laaammmbbb! Drooool! I think I just might buy a leg of lamb. I'll be eating it alone. But I do love Laaaaaaaamb!![Image: homer-drool.jpg]
We have one of those Ronco rotisserie BBQs and we have slow roasted lamb in it. Very good stuff. I need to buy another lamb or goat soon. But right now I am on a mission to use all the meat stored in the freezer before I put more stuff in it. The last time I went on a "clean out and use" mission, I found stuff a few years old. We made a bunch of chili with it because I was unsure of the quality, but it turned out great. Anyway, enjoy your lamb whenever you get around to preparing some. Smiling
cletus1 Wrote:
Tia Wrote:Well, I have no real plans or reasons to go over to GP except to visit the Greek Restaurant and get Pomegranate Molasses. Supposed to go yummy with Lamb. Laaammmbbb! Drooool! I think I just might buy a leg of lamb. I'll be eating it alone. But I do love Laaaaaaaamb!![Image: homer-drool.jpg]
We have one of those Ronco rotisserie BBQs and we have slow roasted lamb in it. Very good stuff. I need to buy another lamb or goat soon. But right now I am on a mission to use all the meat stored in the freezer before I put more stuff in it. The last time I went on a "clean out and use" mission, I found stuff a few years old. We made a bunch of chili with it because I was unsure of the quality, but it turned out great. Anyway, enjoy your lamb whenever you get around to preparing some. Smiling
Well that sure clears things up. Clete eats goat. OMG :wacko: Razz
Cometmom Wrote:Well that sure clears things up. Clete eats goat. OMG :wacko: Razz

Don't knock it if you have never eaten it.

Besides it's Biblical, Jesus was fond of goat tacos and ate them all the time.

Haven't you ever read the Bible.
cletus1 Wrote:
Cometmom Wrote:Well that sure clears things up. Clete eats goat. OMG :wacko: Razz

Confused Confused Confused
We went out to Pita Pit today. Second visit; first one to Medford's store. Good stuff, good value, and good in the caloric department -- especially when you skip the bread.
Jesus ate goat tacos. Man I kill myself sometimes. Laughing

Sammy's New Cowboy Bistro makes great bread. Anyone tried it?
cletus1 Wrote:

Better question. Have you read the bible???? I don't think Jesus would eat goat tacos. Just the thought of goat meat makes me nauseous :wacko:
Smiling[/quote]
Well that sure clears things up. Clete eats goat. OMG :wacko: Razz[/quote]

I'd agree. Now I have to say I still don't care for Goat after trying it at the Indian Restaurant last year, but that doesn't mean it's a bad thing. Kno1 thought eating lambs was evil. Is the problem with the fact that it is a goat? Or that you don't care for goat?