Rogue Valley Food-Eating Out and At Home
Food in Southern Oregon. Here we go.
Still looking for the best places without having it be in Ashland.
Kaleidoscope. Unless you're bringing 25 people on a Friday night. They don't take reservations. But it's one of the best food experiences (of the genre) in the Valley.
I really liked their pizza and their beer. Geek
I saw a report on the TV news about how Kaliadescope pizza was doing something to help people out during these tough economic times. I can't remember what it was but I'll post it later if I find out.
Thai BBQ-hands down and without a doubt
AmandaChantel Wrote:Thai BBQ-hands down and without a doubt

Is that in GP? I've never tried it. I want to find more worthy restaurants in GP.
Back Porch BBq in Jacksonville, the Black Sheep, Kaleidascope.... There are quite a few other that are very miss-able when you move away.
elliemae Wrote:

Is that in GP? I've never tried it. I want to find more worthy restaurants in GP.
Ok, so I meant Thai Bistro (I eat Thai a lot). That is in Medford, but the only worthy GP Thai restaurant is Thai BBQ-Royal Barge isn't bad, but its not Thai BBQ

Worthy restaurants in GP:

Matsukazi
Thai BBQ
The Bistro
Rossos
Orchid Grill
The greek deli I can't remember the name of
Sophia's
El Paraiso

Wait, Thai BBQ? is that anything like Mongolian BBQ? This feels like deja vu. We must have discussed this before.
Mmm, the greek deli in GP is really tasty.
Tia Wrote:

Wait, Thai BBQ? is that anything like Mongolian BBQ? This feels like deja vu. We must have discussed this before.
no not like mongolian bbq
Footes Creek Market on Rogue River Hwy has killer gut bomb sandwiches! Huge and tasty!
Speaking of food...anyone looking for a cooking job? Pays above min with excellent bennies! Oh and sweet excellent delicious food...you just got to be employed or a resident there... Big Grin
The Jewish Deli in Jacksonville (is it still there?), has delicious food....it's been a while since I was there.

The Arbor House in Talent is really good.

& I've always had a very soft spot for Celinas Bento Teriyaki Big Grin
Ok, I know this isn't "good" food, high cuisine or anything, but I absolutely love Senior Sam's and I am very upset that they are no longer in Grants Pass...POO!
I worked there in high school and all I can say is, the owners of the GP senor sam's were super mean and exploited YOUNG employees who were afraid to ask questions because they were so mean all the time.
RobinBird Wrote:I worked there in high school and all I can say is, the owners of the GP senor sam's were super mean and exploited YOUNG employees who were afraid to ask questions because they were so mean all the time.
I was told that the same people owned all SS. I asked one day when I saw a big difference in the meal I got in GP versus Medford. I know that I got food from one in Medford today and it didn't taste good at all. Very bland, which is unusual for them.
Granted it was 11 years ago now, but when I worked there, the owner of the GP Senor Sam's was the brother of Sam, who owns all the rest of the ones in the valley except Ashland. The sleazy guy that owns that one is not related as far as I know.
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Elements, on E. Main in Medford (where the Samovar used to be). A nice variety of unusual small dishes (tapas). Spanish (rather than Mexican) cuisine.
Everytime I come back home to Medford I have to get at least one Garbage Grinder at Luigis. I know, it isn't the most healthy food that one can eat but it is kinda like comfort food for me.

I also like to make at least one trip to Outback just to get a decent steak at a decent price. Haven't been disappointed yet although I know that some people wouldn't go there on a bet. Guess I have just been lucky.

The Yellow Basket in CP used to have a pretty good burger. I think they are still around.