What direction to take the forum in?
I cant wait. It wont be the heavy hitters that will have problems with it. It will be people who don't want the heavy hitters here , much less have them post in the fluffy zone as well.
I'm kind of bugged to have my posts considered "thunderdome" material - who is this person who has decided certain kinds of subjects can only be called "thunderdome"? I even find the term itself offensive - why don't you just call it blasts from the ass if that's how you feel about them?

I had enough of people on ILGP telling me my posts were examples of what was tearing the site apart, and I can only see this happening again. How, for example, can a person comment on local news if some readers want to apply church standards to every post?

I suppose I would learn to live with it, but I don't see the benefit, and it only looks like I'm setting myself up for future trouble to go along with it. But then, I never did like authority very much, maybe that colors my thinking. I'm not particularly fond of change either. Smiling
I was thinking more along the lines of all of lick it and stick it's posts going there automatically, on general principle.
My other thought is, ILGP failed as a concept. RVF is still here. Why would you want to make RVF more like ILGP if you know it's a concept doomed to drive any moderators to distraction? Why would you set yourself up for that?

If you really wanted to experiment with a milk toast forum, it looks like the website ILGP might be readily available for the right person, too.
bbqboy Wrote:I was thinking more along the lines of all of lick it and stick it's posts going there automatically, on general principle.
Oh, you know we'll be considered the bad boys of rock no matter what we do. Big Grin
PonderThis Wrote:My other thought is, ILGP failed as a concept. RVF is still here. Why would you want to make RVF more like ILGP if you know it's a concept doomed to drive any moderators to distraction? Why would you set yourself up for that?

If you really wanted to experiment with a milk toast forum, it looks like the website ILGP might be readily available for the right person, too.

ILGP is coming back. Sorta. New name, new 'owner' Wonder if all the new folks here will jump ship for that.

I don't see a reason to try and copy ILGP's format. Like I said, it seems like the catergory "Everything Else" is confusing to some who want more categories, and that's ok, but, not too many, please? Smiling
PonderThis Wrote:My other thought is, ILGP failed as a concept. RVF is still here.

I'm pretty new here. When was RVF formed? I hear ILGP had a 10 year run. Seems they must have been doing something right.
Board started: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:36 pm

I think I opened it up to the public a couple of hours after that (the install date). It was created as a place for Mail Tribune Forum users to go when they announced the shutdown of that board.
Tia Wrote:
PonderThis Wrote:My other thought is, ILGP failed as a concept. RVF is still here. Why would you want to make RVF more like ILGP if you know it's a concept doomed to drive any moderators to distraction? Why would you set yourself up for that?

ILGP is coming back. Sorta. New name, new 'owner' Wonder if all the new folks here will jump ship for that.

I don't see a reason to try and copy ILGP's format. Like I said, it seems like the catergory "Everything Else" is confusing to some who want more categories, and that's ok, but, not too many, please? Smiling

related information to IGLP come back:

http://theheartoftherogue.com
Good lord, people. ILGP closed because the OWNER decided to close it and move on to other things.
If you want a more popular forum then make new people feel welcomed.
I don't know if you have ever noticed, but a lot of you do an awful lot of looking down your noses at others who try to participate in discussions.
Nobody wants to feel like an outsider. But a lot of you guys make it crystal clear that that is indeed what we are.

Or you can keep having the same arguments with the same old people.. It's your forum. Smiling
Crazylace Wrote:Good lord, people. ILGP closed because the OWNER decided to close it and move on to other things.
I don't know if you have ever noticed, but a lot of you do an awful lot of looking down your noses at others who try to participate in discussions.
Nobody wants to feel like an outsider. But a lot of you guys make it crystal clear that that is indeed what we are.

Or you can keep having the same arguments with the same old people.. It's your forum. Smiling

My intent was not to make anyone feel unwelcome. Just posting related info.
chuerta Wrote:
Crazylace Wrote:Good lord, people. ILGP closed because the OWNER decided to close it and move on to other things.

My intent was not to make anyone feel unwelcome. Just posting related info.

thank you. My statement was was only meant to be helpful as well.
[Image: La%20La%20Land%20(36x48).jpg] This should be interesting.

I like having the new ILGPer's....most of them. Welcome! Smiling ( I think I said it before)
[Image: thunderdome.jpg]
oh. You're back.
[Image: pa7b_burningman_thunderdome.jpg]So Gasso how about abbv T- Dome ? Some place where I can post and dwell . Wouldn't hurt to try it.