What direction to take the forum in?
Tia Wrote:
Wonky Wrote:[. I admire OL, Pros, Pub, and a few others for their ability to remain on point and civil.

That's a joke, right? Or did you mean Oldie?

I don't mind political talk, it seems like we used to be able to have some. But I agree, it's all so polarized and anything but civil that it gets old and depressing. When there is good discourse I usually learn something.

No Tia Darlin', it was a test.
Yes, it was ANOTHER MISTAKE. Of course I meant Old Oregon. But maybe OL would like to post about some of the non-political books he has read. RWB might want to share stuff about his haircut conversations.
I trust you will lead us from the darkness into the light of cultural brilliance.
Maybe we could even get Tennis Mom back...I miss her.
I don't think TM's absence here is accidental. She still posts on facebook.
OL RWB and Jesus should feel very smug and self satisfied.
Tia Wrote:
Wonky Wrote:[. I admire OL, Pros, Pub, and a few others for their ability to remain on point and civil.

That's a joke, right? Or did you mean Oldie?

I don't mind political talk, it seems like we used to be able to have some. But I agree, it's all so polarized and anything but civil that it gets old and depressing. When there is good discourse I usually learn something.

If it seems polarized that is exactly what we see happening out there with the parties. There is grid lock. Dems versus Pubs. And then the little guys wanting to get in on the side. Until a third party comes into power we will always have the bi-polar fighting between the two main parties like a game of chess...
I know this is a repeat, but I would like to know what most of you think about a profanity filter. Those members that weighed in on the side of a gently moderated forum with profanity allowed no longer post, namely Sisk, Larry and a few others. I would be OK if a filter were installed, but I don't need one. I just don't want to drive off anyone that is offended by the cussing. Does anyone care ?
cletus1 Wrote:I know this is a repeat, but I would like to know what most of you think about a profanity filter. Those members that weighed in on the side of a gently moderated forum with profanity allowed no longer post, namely Sisk, Larry and a few others. I would be OK if a filter were installed, but I don't need one. I just don't want to drive off anyone that is offended by the cussing. Does anyone care ?

I don't mind one way or another. I'm fine with a filter.
cletus1 Wrote:I know this is a repeat, but I would like to know what most of you think about a profanity filter. Those members that weighed in on the side of a gently moderated forum with profanity allowed no longer post, namely Sisk, Larry and a few others. I would be OK if a filter were installed, but I don't need one. I just don't want to drive off anyone that is offended by the cussing. Does anyone care ?

I think the only profanity filter that needs to be installed starts at the keyboard. It is called think before you type and read before you post.
Cletus if you think that profanity is what makes people not post here your off your rockers. Opinion is going to find it's way through the keyboard one way or another. Start with profanity , you will end up with more posts the likes of RWB with plenty of content that turns whoever it turns off. Happy Halloween this is the way Tibetan Buddhists dispose of their dead. [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRqGeokkLIfOI6ihhJZtBw...3AcTBlbBs=]
Happy Halloween to you Rabbi. I too like knowing that dead bodies can serve a purpose.
imaham Wrote:

I think the only profanity filter that needs to be installed starts at the keyboard. It is called think before you type and read before you post.

You assume all our posters are capable of thought.
Tia Wrote:
imaham Wrote:

You assume all our posters are capable of thought.

Damn. I knew I should have read that before I posted it! Smiling

I believe in FREEDOM OF SPEECH.

No filter!
True, but more posters might stay if it were less abusive. You'd like more posters wouldn't you?
I'm in favor of some kind of "filter". (Thanks Clete, for bringing this to the front).

There is no such thing as complete freedom of speech.

I think we can depend on our "fearless leader" to be objective. His record has been very good in not intruding into the conduct here.

If we feel the control of expression is getting too tight, we can always adjust and depend on Kgasso to take whatever steps are necessary.

In short, F***ing Aye! Wink
Are you leftists that ignorant that you can't even moderate yourselves in a forum? Do you think EVERYTHING has to be decided for you? Think out of the box much? How sad for you guys. Does that mentality come from either being in a union or prison, or both?
How about a little self discipline, If you wouldn't say it to their face don't say it on the forum.

We are capable of acting like adults, Sal had the melt down and is gone, treeman had his fit and was placed into purgatory.
The ILGP forum has virtually no debate and is rather dull. We will never all agree that is what liberty is, The ability to express oneself and until it becomes threatening to harm others then you loose that liberty here.
The ebb and flow posters will come and go.Promote the site but not with like minded people discourse will make us all better people . Oh god I sound liberal I have to shower.
oregon 67 Wrote:How about a little self discipline, If you wouldn't say it to their face don't say it on the forum.

We are capable of acting like adults, Sal had the melt down and is gone, treeman had his fit and was placed into purgatory.
The ILGP forum has virtually no debate and is rather dull. We will never all agree that is what liberty is, The ability to express oneself and until it becomes threatening to harm others then you loose that liberty here.
The ebb and flow posters will come and go.Promote the site but not with like minded people discourse will make us all better people . Oh god I sound liberal I have to shower.

You didn't get any on you, did you?
Tia Wrote:True, but more posters might stay if it were less abusive. You'd like more posters wouldn't you?

Yes, some more would be nice. Maybe if we all cussed it wouldn't be such a stigma. Fuckin' Aye, Right?
Wonky Wrote:I'm in favor of some kind of "filter". (Thanks Clete, for bringing this to the front).

There is no such thing as complete freedom of speech.

I think we can depend on our "fearless leader" to be objective. His record has been very good in not intruding into the conduct here.

If we feel the control of expression is getting too tight, we can always adjust and depend on Kgasso to take whatever steps are necessary.

In short, F***ing Aye! Wink

There is such thing as complete freedom of speech. It's just that one has to live with the consequences. For example, people could just put you on ignore.
rainylady Wrote:
Tia Wrote:True, but more posters might stay if it were less abusive. You'd like more posters wouldn't you?

Yes, some more would be nice. Maybe if we all cussed it wouldn't be such a stigma. Fuckin' Aye, Right?
You would be fun to drink with , I can tell. Razz