Good Morning RVF, It's Going To Be a Great Day
Another day in The Valley of the Rogue.

It's going to be a great day. We know because Clete has decreed it to be so. Big Grin

It's a bit wet, a little windy (in places) and all the better to enjoy a good cup of dark coffee, the paper, and stay away from most retail places if we can.

For those of us blessed with the day-off, a good day for opening a book and falling into the pages. Try "The Rosie Project" if you have a "reader" and can download and not have to go out into the wet and cold. I just finished "Gray Mountain" the latest Grisham offering and think it may be the last Grisham thing I read. I like mind candy, but I don't think Grisham has had his heart in it for some time.

The leaves are wet. Leave 'em. They will dry in time and time heals all leaves.

Another day. That's a good thing.
Good Morning Wonk and everyone else that is up.

Wonk, you got me thinking about two things this morning, one is rows of leaves in my yard still not all picked up, and two is the morning coffee that is brewing and the coffee I plan to buy today.

Later I will got out and pick out stuff for my wife to buy me for Christmas. I think some winter shirts and those hiking boots I saw. I don't hate Christmas but, I am not into all the shopping.

It is now officially the Christmas season so have at it or not. Smiling
A bright and wonderful morning here at Old East Medford, in The Valley of the Rogue.

I'm hoping the 3 cups of strong dark French Roast coffee will get me up and going as I have sworn off sniffing glue.

I have four oak trees on the lot. As nearly as I can determine they are all the same species. They give up their leaves at different times. "Splain that Lucy.

There are a couple of articles in the papers I read about Ferguson, MO. Im not going to read those articles.

Want some Girl Scout cookies? Better have a computer. Now, if only the Mormon missionaries would take the hint...

A good day for a hike in the woods. Or an "urban hike", much the better 'cause I can circle coffee shops that sell sweet pastries. I have an APP that tells me how far (long) I must walk to burn off the bad stuff I eat. Last calculation suggested I should walk to Texas, circle the state, and return.

We "Eastsiders" pushed Alan Bates over the top. I know its true because the Mail Tribune says so. And because I voted for him 7 times. (I had no other choice: There was no Communist on the ticket)

I have a "indoor - outdoor" temperature thing-a-ma-bob that shows the outside temp as 55 degrees no matter what. This is my 2nd one. Pricey little things unless one gets the cheap version that only records temps down to 40 degrees. So, went to ACE and got a thermometer that I can read from my window. 8 bucks. Works for me.

Mrs. Wonky's cat (The Cat From Hell) wants to help me with this, walking across the keyboard. God knows someone should help me with this.

Enough. I wish you each and every one, the best day possible.
And a soggy good day to you. All.

But we still have music. What kind of music do you listen to on a dreary soggy day? Something to match the day, or something upbeat to ward off the darkness of the season? I confess that sometimes I wallow in it, find some "bluesy" stuff that lets me simply enjoy what is. Sick, what?

For instance:

Wallow in it. But only for a day. Smiling
Ah. Saturday. Don't have to go to work.
Oh, that's right, I haven't gone to work for 20 years.
So, no matter what it's going to be a good day.

"I wish you shelter from the storm
A cozy fire to keep you warm"...

(I know...I've used that too many times. I like it).

I hope you get something wonderful in the mail.
(12-13-2014, 09:30 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: Ah. Saturday. Don't have to go to work.

I did, twice!

1st: Due to my former union (ILWU) fighting for years with my former employer over wages not paid. (stole) Should be a nice chunk of change. Dancing

2nd: Recieved a letter stating I'll receive a couple hundred from ARCO for failing to inform customers of fees associated with using debit cards at their stations. Thumbs Up Anyone else get one of these letters?
(12-13-2014, 10:46 AM)Valuesize Wrote:

I did, twice!

1st: Due to my former union (ILWU) fighting for years with my former employer over wages not paid. (stole) Should be a nice chunk of change. Dancing

2nd: Recieved a letter stating I'll receive a couple hundred from ARCO for failing to inform customers of fees associated with using debit cards at their stations. Thumbs Up Anyone else get one of these letters?

So, could you loan me a couple a ..... Big Grin

Good for ya. No, no windfalls from ARCO or anyone else. I don't use credit or debit cards if they will still accept cash. Keeps me on budget, when the money runs out I can't overspend. Razz
(12-13-2014, 10:46 AM)Valuesize Wrote: 2nd: Recieved a letter stating I'll receive a couple hundred from ARCO for failing to inform customers of fees associated with using debit cards at their stations. Thumbs Up Anyone else get one of these letters?

Yep! We used the Arco in Grants Pass... Crooks! They didn't bother to tell you there would be a charge for using your debit card until after you filled up. Mad
(12-13-2014, 11:05 AM)Cuzz Wrote:
(12-13-2014, 10:46 AM)Valuesize Wrote:

I did, twice!

So, could you loan me a couple a ..... Big Grin

Good for ya. No, no windfalls from ARCO or anyone else. I don't use credit or debit cards if they will still accept cash. Keeps me on budget, when the money runs out I can't overspend. Razz

I never buy something I can't afford and/or pay in full at the end of the month. If they accept Amex, I use that as they give me cash back at the end of the year.

[Image: TrueEarnings-Card-Costco-and-American-Express.jpg]
(12-13-2014, 11:31 AM)Scrapper Wrote:
(12-13-2014, 10:46 AM)Valuesize Wrote: 2nd: Recieved a letter stating I'll receive a couple hundred from ARCO for failing to inform customers of fees associated with using debit cards at their stations. Thumbs Up Anyone else get one of these letters?

Yep! We used the Arco in Grants Pass... Crooks! They didn't bother to tell you there would be a charge for using your debit card until after you filled up. Mad

Did you get a letter?
A very good Sunday Morning to you.

Clete and I will be going to the Church of Now (Flip Wilson's church) for the "laying on of hands". At Wednesday night prayer meeting we laid hands on Betty jo Foster but pastor Linquist told us we didn't understand the concept. We hope to be better at it today. Heard that Betty Jo won't be there. Maybe she got the flu of something.

I hope no one finds out I'm drinking coffee I didn't roast myself. Seems to be obligatory around here. Next thing you know I'll be expected to cook the meat I eat.

Christmas music today. I have Ava Maria, with Perry Como, playing on a loop, over and over. Mrs. Wonky likes it so much she pulls out some of her hair. Strange how some people react to intense pleasure.

I don't watch Sunday football. I'm certain I'm not queer but I just might be a Commie or something. I think Elizabeth Warren is cute, so that probably says something.

Last I heard Clete still has wet leaves on the ground. That's a Commie trait for sure. On the other hand, TVg makes no effort to pick up leaves...says they make good mulch. On pavement? He will find some way to trade them for truck tires or something. I used to think he was clever and then found out he's just sneaky. (Ever notice that "sneaky" is one of those words that sounds just right given what it means).

But enough. Gotta "shit, shine, shave and shower" and get ready for church. I like to get there before clete so I get the seat right up front. Next to Betty Ann Smith. She just may need "the layin' on of hands". I'm so happy to be a religious kind of guy.
(12-14-2014, 07:57 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: A very good Sunday Morning to you.

Clete and I will be going to the Church of Now (Flip Wilson's church) for the "laying on of hands". At Wednesday night prayer meeting we laid hands on Betty jo Foster but pastor Linquist told us we didn't understand the concept. We hope to be better at it today. Heard that Betty Jo won't be there. Maybe she got the flu of something.

I hope no one finds out I'm drinking coffee I didn't roast myself. Seems to be obligatory around here. Next thing you know I'll be expected to cook the meat I eat.

Christmas music today. I have Ava Maria, with Perry Como, playing on a loop, over and over. Mrs. Wonky likes it so much she pulls out some of her hair. Strange how some people react to intense pleasure.

I don't watch Sunday football. I'm certain I'm not queer but I just might be a Commie or something. I think Elizabeth Warren is cute, so that probably says something.

Last I heard Clete still has wet leaves on the ground. That's a Commie trait for sure. On the other hand, TVg makes no effort to pick up leaves...says they make good mulch. On pavement? He will find some way to trade them for truck tires or something. I used to think he was clever and then found out he's just sneaky. (Ever notice that "sneaky" is one of those words that sounds just right given what it means).

But enough. Gotta "shit, shine, shave and shower" and get ready for church. I like to get there before clete so I get the seat right up front. Next to Betty Ann Smith. She just may need "the layin' on of hands". I'm so happy to be a religious kind of guy.

I use my pressure washer to rake or rather to herd my leavesBig Grin
Get out the Sun Lamp!
SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) is now a thereat.
The wealthy go to Arizona.
The rest of us buy some sunshine from a lamp.

Or, just live with it. Thank the gods for books. Escaping into another world works as well (for some) as a Sun Lamp.

Whatever, we are still privileged to live in The Valley of the Rogue and that should be of some comfort.

"Tis the season. Be of good cheer. Big Grin
Another day, another dollar.
Less.

But I have a warm place this morning, all the food I need, and clothing appropriate for the season.

And, the newspaper comes directly to my door. For what it's worth. Other papers come directly to my computer, worth determined by my ability to be objective. My ability to be objective not always so good.

I'm in the middle of some mindless fiction and feel no shame. The hell with "good information", let the "young-un's" battle with the windmills. So, after more coffee and the necessary proteins, I'll escape into the world of people I know only from the figment of someone else's imagination.

A reflection: Once, in another time, but at this place, the smudge pots might be fired, the lumber mills burning slabs, and the inversion keeping it all at ground level would have us breathing gunk and coughing up nasty stuff. We suffer the loss of jobs from the mills closing, but I guess we have to keep the balance in mind and be thankful for those things we do enjoy.

Another good day in the Valley of the Rogue.
(12-16-2014, 08:10 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: Another day, another dollar.
Less.

But I have a warm place this morning, all the food I need, and clothing appropriate for the season.

And, the newspaper comes directly to my door. For what it's worth. Other papers come directly to my computer, worth determined by my ability to be objective. My ability to be objective not always so good.

I'm in the middle of some mindless fiction and feel no shame. The hell with "good information", let the "young-un's" battle with the windmills. So, after more coffee and the necessary proteins, I'll escape into the world of people I know only from the figment of someone else's imagination.

A reflection: Once, in another time, but at this place, the smudge pots might be fired, the lumber mills burning slabs, and the inversion keeping it all at ground level would have us breathing gunk and coughing up nasty stuff. We suffer the loss of jobs from the mills closing, but I guess we have to keep the balance in mind and be thankful for those things we do enjoy.

I bet you have one of those thick red sweaters with snow flakes and little Santa's all over it. You probable sashay around with a pipe humming Bing's songs and sipping a cup of rum filled egg nog.
(12-16-2014, 10:38 AM)tvguy Wrote:
Less.

I bet you have one of those thick red sweaters with snow flakes and little Santa's all over it. You probable sashay around with a pipe humming Bing's songs and sipping a cup of rum filled egg nog.

Doesn't strike me as the sweater type, I think this is more likely his attire for the season. Wink
[Image: ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fmoviesmedia.ign.com%2Fmo...sm.jpg&f=1]
(12-16-2014, 12:33 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(12-16-2014, 10:38 AM)tvguy Wrote:
Less.

Doesn't strike me as the sweater type, I think this is more likely his attire for the season. Wink
[Image: ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fmoviesmedia.ign.com%2Fmo...sm.jpg&f=1]

Not unless it's made by Carhartt.
(But I kinka like those pointy shoes. Ass kickin' shoes!)