Good Morning RVF, It's Going To Be a Great Day
(04-08-2011, 07:06 AM)cletus1 Wrote:
(04-07-2011, 08:52 AM)broadzilla Wrote:
(04-07-2011, 08:24 AM)cletus1 Wrote: Tomorrow I'm out of town, so today I need to make arrangements so my seed starts don't freeze. A heater will be set up after I figure out a few things.

When my "To Do" list gets too short or gets done, I feel lost. Sometimes I put stuff on my new list that I doesn't need to be on a list, like eat lunch, brush teeth, feed dog. Whew! Now I have stuff to do again. Laughing

Cletus, dear, I told you that your wife said "no" to you going with me on my vacation....no stalking!
I'm not going "with" you, I'm going to the same place and staying at the same hotel. If thats considered stalking oh well.Smiling

Safe travels, Cletus!

(what he doesn't know is I'm not staying in a hotel...hee hee)
(04-08-2011, 07:25 AM)Wonky Wrote:
(04-07-2011, 08:24 AM)cletus1 Wrote: Tomorrow I'm out of town, so today I need to make arrangements so my seed starts don't freeze. A heater will be set up after I figure out a few things.

When my "To Do" list gets too short or gets done, I feel lost. Sometimes I put stuff on my new list that I doesn't need to be on a list, like eat lunch, brush teeth, feed dog. Whew! Now I have stuff to do again. Laughing

Cletus, dear, I told you that your wife said "no" to you going with me on my vacation....no stalking!
I'm not going "with" you, I'm going to the same place and staying at the same hotel. If thats considered stalking oh well.Smiling

I have great sympathy for this view Clete. Why the hell can't we have friends of the opposite sex and spend time without allowing sexual actions to be part of the relationship? I think it's especially applicable for those of us over 40, mature, and solid in our relationships.
I'll bet BZ would be a fun companion for a couple of days on a holiday. She is bright, not some "limp wristed sissy girl" and a good conversation pardner.
Would I be okay with my wife having a holiday with a guy-friend? Yea...I mean, I'd want to know the guy, and be confident he was not a hustler, but in general, yea.

Funny world. Or, maybe funny Wonky. Wink
Wonky, it would be nice if that were possible with some people. I even have wives that aren't allowed to go on vacations with me because I'm single. As if I would ever condone one of my friends cheating on their spouse...sheesh.
I enjoy spending a weekend alone every so often anyway...hot tub, good book, a little booze...just kickin' it and recharging my battery.
(04-08-2011, 08:06 AM)broadzilla Wrote:
(04-08-2011, 07:25 AM)Wonky Wrote:

I have great sympathy for this view Clete. Why the hell can't we have friends of the opposite sex and spend time without allowing sexual actions to be part of the relationship? I think it's especially applicable for those of us over 40, mature, and solid in our relationships.
I'll bet BZ would be a fun companion for a couple of days on a holiday. She is bright, not some "limp wristed sissy girl" and a good conversation pardner.
Would I be okay with my wife having a holiday with a guy-friend? Yea...I mean, I'd want to know the guy, and be confident he was not a hustler, but in general, yea.

Funny world. Or, maybe funny Wonky. Wink
Wonky, it would be nice if that were possible with some people. I even have wives that aren't allowed to go on vacations with me because I'm single. As if I would ever condone one of my friends cheating on their spouse...sheesh.
I enjoy spending a weekend alone every so often anyway...hot tub, good book, a little booze...just kickin' it and recharging my battery.

You bet! I take holidays alone. I take short three or four day trips on the motorcycle and enjoy the alone time. My wife goes out of town with women friends. I have no interest in "shopping" and so don't have to fake it. And, I can readily understand why alone time and recharging is important to you given your responsibilities.
Sad that you can't have time out of town with women friends who are married. At some point, trust is necessary!
Oh well. Life as we know it.
Hope that when you can get away you have a wonderful time.
Good Morning everyone. I'm home from my trip. I love getting out of the valley on short trips.

The whole bean coffee has been ground and I'm waiting for it to finish brewing. It smells great. Smiling Its going to be a mostly a day of rest for me like the Lord commands. Enjoy your Sunday too or not. I'm not the boss of you. Smiling
It's looking like a good day Smiling The hubby has an odd sunday off (he got in late from a flight last night and is still sleeping but he'll be up soon). The younger two kiddos are up and in good moods, the sun is out and it will pass for warmish later-- looking like a nice, relaxing family day with some vitamin D therapy thown in to boot.
(04-10-2011, 07:49 AM)cletus1 Wrote: Good Morning everyone. I'm home from my trip. I love getting out of the valley on short trips.

The whole bean coffee has been ground and I'm waiting for it to finish brewing. It smells great. Smiling Its going to be a mostly a day of rest for me like the Lord commands. Enjoy your Sunday too or not. I'm not the boss of you. Smiling

It's true: "Be it ever so humble, there is no place like home"!

And why bother with whole coffee beans? If you take your own little bag and brush, your can hit the local stores and brush the spillage from around the machines into your bag. (Don't forget to check out back for day old pizza pieces).

About Sunday and the Lord's commands: Now an agnostic heathen, I was raised in a church and told that Sunday is a day of rest. I still observe it: I just like the tradition. (I'm also lazy to a fault).

And no, Clete, you are not our boss. But we have learned to look to you for guidance on the theory that anyone that has screwed up as many times as you must have learned some valuable lessons.Razz

Baseball today: Boston and NY. For those of you who don't like baseball there is the Masters Golf thing. For those of you who don't like sports in general, there is always the beating of your naked back with knotted ropes. Laughing

Watch for warm sunshine. One day (soon maybe) it will overwhelm the clouds and bless us with that wonderful feeling our ancestors enjoyed on the Savannah. Little green things will start popping up all over and we will feel renewed and younger than our years.

(Ponder: That green stuff growing in your refrigerator has nothing to do with spring).

I wish you all a pleasant day and a week filled with happy surprises.
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrc x
Joe catches 'em. I clean 'em. I can't look a hooked steelhead in the eye (But, a Rogue Springer doesn't share that immunity). A little while ago, in he comes with an eight pounder. But, it's not pink? But, it is healthy and bright? And, the eggs are immature? He's lucky he knows someone who can tell him he caught an eight pound Rainbow in The Rogue River. All of my friends have big fish on their resumes. My big steelhead was a North Umpqua fish, close to death from advanced age. My big salmon was a 42 pounder at Rainey Falls. I'm sure Joe will catch a bigger one, this run. If everybody is going to catch bigger fish than me, you may as well get in on it. The Middle Rogue is hot. Right now! (And, The Shad are coming up the lower Umpqua in the next few days, Shad roe is a very nice breakfast.
Hmm, my hunch is I left the screen up near the 3 year old Wink

Well, the sun disappeared but never underestimate a nice afternoon at the gym and haircut followed by a quiet evening with the family, a movie and a hot bowl of soup. It really is the simple things sometimes.
Okay!

Let it be noted that Illcomm and Ree both posted to this thread AFTER 12 noon.

Outright disregard for decent civil behavior. Like wearing white after Labor day.

So, there is a good chance that after the board meets this month, they will be required to pay double dues.
(04-10-2011, 04:21 PM)Wonky Wrote: Okay!

Let it be noted that Illcomm and Ree both posted to this thread AFTER 12 noon.

Outright disregard for decent civil behavior. Like wearing white after Labor day.

So, there is a good chance that after the board meets this month, they will be required to pay double dues.

How much should the fine be for posters that post one minute after 4:20? Cool
(04-10-2011, 03:03 PM)reelo Wrote: Hmm, my hunch is I left the screen up near the 3 year old Wink

Well, the sun disappeared but never underestimate a nice afternoon at the gym and haircut followed by a quiet evening with the family, a movie and a hot bowl of soup. It really is the simple things sometimes.
Heck, I thought you were mad as hell. rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr as in grrrrrrrrrrr. Glad you are OK.Wink
Good Morning, and this time it really is morning. There is not a lot going on locally or anywhere else so I have nothing to talk with you about. That's OK, finish your coffee and do something else. We will still be here later on today and tomorrow.Smiling
Good Morning. It is sunny here in Grants Pass right now and looks like it might turn out to be a nice day, although the weather report says AM showers are possible.

I plan to spend a couple hours hunting Morels today or tomorrow. If I find some I'll post a photo. Enjoy your day forum people. Smiling
Went to Target on my lunch hour to pick up supplies (including baby gates) for a new puppy. I will be picking him up tomorrow after work. I may leave work early.

It has been a long, long time since I had a puppy. I think that is why I am not to concerned as I have probably forgotten how hard they could be to train. Wish me luck!! Happy
(04-21-2011, 12:57 PM)Snowlover Wrote: Went to Target on my lunch hour to pick up supplies (including baby gates) for a new puppy. I will be picking him up tomorrow after work. I may leave work early.

It has been a long, long time since I had a puppy. I think that is why I am not to concerned as I have probably forgotten how hard they could be to train. Wish me luck!! Happy
Good luck! Fill us in a little. What kind, color etc... I'd like to get a little Shih Tzu for my girls sometime but we are working our way up to that. Big Grin
Oops, I thought this was on the What Are You Doing Right Now thread. It is a Hava-szu. Half Havanese, half Shih-Tsu. He is a multi-colored pup. I will post pictures this weekend after I pick him up in GP tomorrow!
I have to settle for an old dog, because I give my pets radiation sickness. So, Spot is getting a buddy from the geriatric section of The Pound. I took Spot as a puppy, because he didn't seem to have any other future than us. He was getting a little bitey from an association with bikers. It's taken three years (And some knowledgeable help from a recovered speed freak) to get him to trust people. Now, he's a sweetie. But, he has to take his thyroid pills or his collar will get tight.
(04-22-2011, 05:59 AM)illcommandante Wrote: I have to settle for an old dog, because I give my pets radiation sickness. So, Spot is getting a buddy from the geriatric section of The Pound. I took Spot as a puppy, because he didn't seem to have any other future than us. He was getting a little bitey from an association with bikers. It's taken three years (And some knowledgeable help from a recovered speed freak) to get him to trust people. Now, he's a sweetie. But, he has to take his thyroid pills or his collar will get tight.

Have you considered comedy as a hobby or profession? I would go see your stand up routine at the Criterion if you have enough material to fill an hour.
(04-22-2011, 08:06 AM)cletus1 Wrote:
(04-22-2011, 05:59 AM)illcommandante Wrote: I have to settle for an old dog, because I give my pets radiation sickness. So, Spot is getting a buddy from the geriatric section of The Pound. I took Spot as a puppy, because he didn't seem to have any other future than us. He was getting a little bitey from an association with bikers. It's taken three years (And some knowledgeable help from a recovered speed freak) to get him to trust people. Now, he's a sweetie. But, he has to take his thyroid pills or his collar will get tight.

Have you considered comedy as a hobby or profession? I would go see your stand up routine at the Criterion if you have enough material to fill an hour.

I'm afraid it might be a lot like watching Charlie Sheen's road show. :wacko: