Good Morning RVF, It's Going To Be a Great Day
Ah, the sun is shining Smiling

After so many long months of winter the sun is out and it may hit 60 today. I don't know what else is happening today but that simple fact is enough to make it a great day.
It is definitely going to be a great day today. The weather forecast says partly cloudy with a high of 63 degrees. I may till the upper part of my garden if possible and start raking out the sod. Tomorrow will be 77 degrees and sunny and its about time

I had a friend with an excavator stop by and remove two tree stumps from my garden, so now I wont have to plant around them anymore. Enjoy your day RVF.
(04-30-2011, 07:39 AM)cletus1 Wrote: It is definitely going to be a great day today. The weather forecast says partly cloudy with a high of 63 degrees. I may till the upper part of my garden if possible and start raking out the sod. Tomorrow will be 77 degrees and sunny and its about time

I had a friend with an excavator stop by and remove two tree stumps from my garden, so now I wont have to plant around them anymore. Enjoy your day RVF.

Real men dig stumps out with an axe and shovel. (Remember Shane?)

But thanks for the good wishes and cheerful tone. You are a positive force on this site and that's a good thing.
Now, if we could only get you to spring for beer once in a while...

There is a motorcycle swap meet at the 'ol "Too-Valle" Inn today and tomorrow. May swing by and see what's happening. (Wow...bet that got the heart rates up. Hey, my life is just that dull).

Wishing all a great weekend and hoping everyone is picked up a bit by the warmer days.
(04-30-2011, 08:55 AM)Wonky Wrote: There is a motorcycle swap meet at the 'ol "Too-Valle" Inn today and tomorrow. May swing by and see what's happening. (Wow...bet that got the heart rates up. Hey, my life is just that dull).

I went by yesterday and saw they had something set up but I didn't see what. It kind of looked like a little Tijuana but a bit less upscale. Big Grin
So far it was drizzling here this morning and now it is overcast. Maybe we will get some sun by 11am. Smiling
Almost 11:30am and still overcast.
(04-30-2011, 08:55 AM)Wonky Wrote:
(04-30-2011, 07:39 AM)cletus1 Wrote: It is definitely going to be a great day today. The weather forecast says partly cloudy with a high of 63 degrees. I may till the upper part of my garden if possible and start raking out the sod. Tomorrow will be 77 degrees and sunny and its about time

But thanks for the good wishes and cheerful tone. You are a positive force on this site and that's a good thing.

There is a motorcycle swap meet at the 'ol "Too-Valle" Inn today and tomorrow. May swing by and see what's happening. (Wow...bet that got the heart rates up. Hey, my life is just that dull).

Wishing all a great weekend and hoping everyone is picked up a bit by the warmer days.

"the 'ol "Too-Valle" Inn" Huh? what's that? did someone tear down the tavern and put a bed and breakfast in it's place?

BTW 'real men" stack a bunch of old tires on top of the stump and burn the bastard outLaughing
Blow them up with dynamite.
(04-30-2011, 01:50 PM)Jesus Christ Wrote: Blow them up with dynamite.

For sure , even more fun. But Dynamite is a little hard to come by. You can get black powder easily and that green cannon fuse stuff. I'm not going in to any more detail Laughing
(04-30-2011, 03:08 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(04-30-2011, 01:50 PM)Jesus Christ Wrote: Blow them up with dynamite.

For sure , even more fun. But Dynamite is a little hard to come by. You can get black powder easily and that green cannon fuse stuff. I'm not going in to any more detail Laughing
An old bath tub , a bunch of ice , some nitric acid , sulpheric acid and glycerin. Full face gear and long poles to do the mixing in . After the product is finished add aluminum powder and bottle in plastic. The product is now ready to be attached to a blasting cap.
My grandfather gave my fourteen year old uncle some powder, and put him to work blasting stumps out of the garden. It may have built character because his siblings are a pack of wusses (Other than Mom) and he turned out okay. But, his kids put things back to normal.
(04-30-2011, 01:38 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(04-30-2011, 08:55 AM)Wonky Wrote:

"the 'ol "Too-Valle" Inn" Huh? what's that? did someone tear down the tavern and put a bed and breakfast in it's place?

BTW 'real men" stack a bunch of old tires on top of the stump and burn the bastard outLaughing

Okay, the joke is (again) on me no doubt, but just thinking about that it looks like it might outta work.
Tires burn for a LONG time! Seems it would have to be one mean and wet stump to outlast the tires.
Hell, Ponder will know. He ALWAYS knows the cheap way of gettin' stuff done.

Ya know, maybe TV and Ponder should start a construction company. "The only tools we got is a truck, some chain, two pipes wrenches and some duct tape, but we will get er done".
Ah, the practical uses of the Anarchist's Cookbook.

We have another sunny day, and really, after 9 months of winter (it snowed friday) temperature is irrelevent. Also, just having the sun out is enough to guarantee a great day-- a little weeding and some open windows and it's all good.
Open windows are my favorite thing when the weather turns nice. That and, of course, the scent of a freshly-mowed lawn. Spring has finally arrived and it is such a pleasure to see its emergence.
Today would have to be sucky, though, right? Dry Oh well, the rest of the week should be glorious. I'm gonna wear shorts and sandals on Wednesday, for sure. Cool
I need to remember to say Good Morning to all of you before start criticising your thinking skills.

You guys are like family. Red is like my racist cousin from Washington that I seldom talk to, JC is like my Tea Party sister in Southern California that is as stupid as she is fat and the rest of you guys are like my friends at the Brew Pub who like me as long as I buy them beer.

GOOD MORNINGBig Grin
(05-03-2011, 06:55 AM)cletus1 Wrote: I need to remember to say Good Morning to all of you before start criticising your thinking skills.

You guys are like family. Red is like my racist cousin from Washington that I seldom talk to, JC is like my Tea Party sister in Southern California that is as stupid as she is fat and the rest of you guys are like my friends at the Brew Pub who like me as long as I buy them beer.

GOOD MORNINGBig Grin

So, I'll just bump Clete's post. Can't be said any better than that. Morning all, and withing all a good day.

(05-03-2011, 06:55 AM)cletus1 Wrote: I need to remember to say Good Morning to all of you before start criticising your thinking skills.

GOOD MORNINGBig Grin

Well said, cletus! Don't worry about my beer, I don't really care for the stuff. I do, however, enjoy a little taste of Tequila every now and then. Wink
Please tell me there is another red in Washington cause I'm pretty sure I can't pull off racist even if I tried Wink

Dead Irish Mocha beer from Iron horse. Yum. Tequila does not like me, honestly I'm pretty sure it's out for revenge.

Bring on the day. I'm hoping there is a good day hiding in the bottom of my coffee cup, it wasn't at the bottom of my first cup so here's hoping it's at the bottom of cup two.

Good Morning Rogue Valley Forum. I think the sun is coming out today.Smiling

Today is going to be a great day. Not only is all the planting in the garden done, but the lawn is mowed, the new flowers are planted and things are pretty tidy around here. I don't have much to do. I dont watch sports on TV but maybe I could catch a movie.Smiling

Now for some really good coffee.

(05-29-2011, 06:20 AM)cletus1 Wrote: Good Morning Rogue Valley Forum. I think the sun is coming out today.Smiling

Today is going to be a great day. Not only is all the planting in the garden done, but the lawn is mowed, the new flowers are planted and things are pretty tidy around here. I don't have much to do. I dont watch sports on TV but maybe I could catch a movie.Smiling

Now for some really good coffee.

I sure hope you're right about the sun coming out today. All of this crappy weather is draining me. I'm really ready to feel the warmth of the sun.

Enjoy your really good coffee! I'm having some Nantucket Blend this morning and it's quite nice.