breakfast
I had some tasty morels last night, picked about the 2100' level.
(05-16-2011, 12:20 PM)Crazylace Wrote: Peppermint tea.. Sometimes black tea. And some fruit, an orange or half a banana.

Peppermint tea. Geez pick it from my yard for freezy! And spearmint also!
(05-02-2012, 08:54 AM)PonderThis Wrote: I had some tasty morels last night, picked about the 2100' level.

We found morels whilst hunting asparagus

Oatmeal.....the slow cooked stuff.
I haven't tried this yet... but I'm going to! Sounds super good!

HOOTENANNY
(Oven Pancakes)

[Image: DSC06481.JPG]

Blend 1 c. flour, 1 c. milk, 6 eggs, and 1/4 tsp. salt.
Pour batter into greased 9x13 pan.
Pour 1/2 cube melted butter over the top (do not mix).
Bake for 25 minutes at 400 degrees.
Cut in pieces, drizzle with Maple Syrup, serve.
Ahh, german pancakes (aka dutch babies), my kids (nd I) love them with a bit of powdered sugar and a squeeze of lemon. Works better if you put the butter underneath and heat the pan first
(06-04-2012, 10:52 AM)reelo Wrote: Ahh, german pancakes (aka dutch babies), my kids (nd I) love them with a bit of powdered sugar and a squeeze of lemon. Works better if you put the butter underneath and heat the pan first

Awesome! Thanks for the pointers, reelo!
Mmmmm... I just made this for brunch. I make it in my cast iron skillet and serve it with just a bit of strawberry preserves. All that was missing was a mimosa and a slice of cantaloupe.
thanks for the suggestion. Smiling
(06-04-2012, 01:00 PM)Crazylace Wrote: Mmmmm... I just made this for brunch. I make it in my cast iron skillet and serve it with just a bit of strawberry preserves. All that was missing was a mimosa and a slice of cantaloupe.
thanks for the suggestion. Smiling

Thumbs Up
(06-04-2012, 10:52 AM)reelo Wrote: Ahh, german pancakes (aka dutch babies), my kids (nd I) love them with a bit of powdered sugar and a squeeze of lemon. Works better if you put the butter underneath and heat the pan first

Ah..makes sense.
Works for a nice crust on cornbread, also.
Bi Mart just had those flip-over Belgium waffle makers on sale for $20.
I succombed.
Now I can pretend we're getting the free breakfast at the hotel! Big Grin
Really $20? Are they still on sale? We could use one at work..
(06-04-2012, 01:20 PM)Crazylace Wrote: Really $20? Are they still on sale? We could use one at work..

I'm not sure how their sales run.
We got it last Thursday..you may be in luck!
Salvadoran Breakfast Cake (a.k.a. Quesadillas)

[Image: 062111-255.jpg?1308842972?1339096484077]

This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Gluten-Free Baked Good

A&M's Testing Notes:

We were instantly won over by these mysterious, ethereal breakfast cakes. Even the uncooked batter, a cloud of sugar, butter, sour cream and rice flour lightened with egg and perfumed with parmesan, inspired rhapsodic musings. Sasha's Salvadoran "quesadillas" are a unique blend of sweet, savory and tangy, with the texture of a fine, delicate corn muffin. The edges of the little cakes crisp and brown beautifully, while the centers remain snow white and tender. We recommend letting them cool for at least 10 minutes before removing them from the pan -- we found they slipped out easily this way. - A&M

Sasha (Global Table Adventure)'s Notes:

Think cheesy poundcake. Think party food. Think happy mornings, popping a few too many quesadillas in your mouth. In El Salvador they eat rich, buttery quesadillas in the morning with a big cup of coffee and I suggest you do the same. You’ll love the slight crunch of the sesame seeds in combination with the sweet/salty cake.

Note: An asterix indicates ingredients that can sometimes include gluten. Generally, gluten free versions can be purchased at health food stores. Be sure to read all labels carefully. -

Collapse.

Makes 18

1 cup rice flour

1 teaspoon baking powder

1 pinch salt

1 cup butter, softened

1 cup sugar

3 large eggs

1 cup sour cream*

1/2 cup grated hard cheese, such as cojita or parmesan*

sesame seeds, to taste

Preheat the oven to 350F.

Meanwhile, whisk together the rice flour, baking powder, and salt. Then, in the bowl of a standing mixer, cream the butter with sugar. Drop in the eggs, one at a time, until fully incorporated. Scrape down the sides as needed.

Next beat in the sour cream, cheese, and rice flour mixture until a smooth batter forms.

Spoon into greased muffin tins, filling each one 4/5th of the way up (this batter does not rise much). Sprinkle on the sesame seeds, to taste.

Bake for 15-20 minutes. Let cool to room temperature - it'll taste like a cheesy pound cake. Amazing with a cuppa coffee in the morning.

http://www.food52.com/recipes/12535_salv...uesadillas
Interesting with rice flour. Must be to make it gluten free. Looks nummy.
define nummy
[Image: NomNomNom.jpg]
boiled egg wrapped with a piece of Canadian bacon and washed down with half a beer I found on the counter. See you after work. Like PonderThis pointed out, I do indeed pretend to work.
Just for Cletus1.....On Sunday its always Messy Egg Omelet, bacon, and sour dough toast......with a smile. Love that day.
(07-28-2012, 08:26 PM)APPLEGATE Wrote: Just for Cletus1.....On Sunday its always Messy Egg Omelet, bacon, and sour dough toast......with a smile. Love that day.
Do you make hash brown potatoes and let the messy egg run into the hash browns? Smiling
Last nights mashed potatoes fried up with green tomatoes. 12 grain toast and homemade blackberry jam. Coffee, lots.