How to Make Magnetic Silly Putty
Remember how fun silly putty was as a kid? Or, if you're like us, still is? Well, thanks to a post by Instructables, we have a new, big-kid-way to play with the squishy sensation.

You Will Need:

1.Silly Putty

2.Ferric Iron Oxide Powder (available at any arts and crafts store)

3.Neodymium Magnet

4.Gloves

5.Face Mask

Here we go!

Step One:
Put on your gloves and face mask. Remove the putty from the case and kneed it in your hands for a while to warm it up. Finally, roll it out flat like a sheet and lay it on your work surface.

Step Two:
Tap a small pile of iron oxide onto the center of the putty.

Step Three:
Fold the putty over itself several times until the powder is worked into it. Eventually the putty will turn completely black. Keep working it for a few more minutes.

Step Four:
Grab your magnet and enjoy!

For ideas on how to play with your newly improved toy, take a look at Instructables' video:
(I LOVE the one where it absorbs the magnet!)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/13...76210.html
Man, I can't believe you guys didn't watch the magnetic silly putty devouring the magnets...pretty cool stuff!! WinkLaughing

Here, I go find awesome things for show and tell and get ignored! CryingRazz
I watched. It was ok junior high school science. Whadda want?
We've done those and a lot more science projects, raising our kids. If you like that one, follow some of the other videos that come after it.
I see you mentioned Instructables. Interesting site. It offers lots of different things for different people and yes, a lot are for instruction purposes, like high school.
(06-13-2011, 09:59 PM)Juniper Wrote: I see you mentioned Instructables. Interesting site. It offers lots of different things for different people and yes, a lot are for instruction purposes, like high school.

I am not so insecure in myself that I can't enjoy simple junior high or high school science, guys.

Watching magnetic silly putty consume a magnet is rather interesting...I wasn't trying to achieve world peace! Razz

I'm sure that site has some sort of world peace invention also, don't you think?Smiling
Mikey's friend had a plate in his head, and now and then his wife would have to tell him "The kids are sticking magnates on your head again".