We're closing -- now get out! Diners mid-meal at Marie Callender's shown door
http://www.oregonlive.com/dining/index.s...ut_di.html

Excerpt: "When the Marie Callender's restaurant chain filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy protection and shuttered nearly 60 of its restaurants across the country, including three in Oregon, it came as a surprise the chain's many employees.

But as Kirsten Joyce of KCPQ (Q13) television news in Seattle reported, the shutdown was even more of a shock for some diners in that city's Northgate location, who were asked to leave mid-meal:

Kathy Labay and her family gathered at the Marie Callender’s in Northgate to welcome their new son-in–law. They had 25 family members in the banquet hall at 2:15 p.m. Sunday but 30 minutes later, they were told they had to leave.

"I said, 'Is it something with the food'?" Kathy Labay said. "They said, 'No. They're closing the restaurant'."

The Labays were given pies and shown the door.

Perkins & Marie Callender's Inc., the restaurant chain's parent company, also shuttered its Beaverton, Gresham and Salem locations, spokeswoman Vivian Brooks told The Oregonian earlier this week. The Eugene and Medford locations will remain open, she said..."
oh my goodness, not good. I do not like the food there so I never went, but I do know a lot of people that did.
We went to the one in Eugene once. We weren't impressed.
Given pies, it adds a whole new meaning to severance pay.
I wish mid meal they show me the door! I'd have fun with that.
Free markets.