Roger Ebert derided after tweet on Ryan Dunn's death
Ridiculous. Perhaps Ebert could have been a little more sensitive, but he's not the one who is going out pulling idiotic stunts to make money, nor did he coin the term "Jackass" to describe Ryan Dunn's group, and he certainly wasn't the one drinking and high-speed driving.
Wake up, adolescent boys and anyone else who thinks "Jackass" is worthwhile! It's called "reality"; get used to it.
Jackass, you will be mist.
Two thumbs up for Ebert! His comment was spot on.
The press was quick to point out the insensitiveness Ebert displayed for the poor victim. And, we should remember that alcoholism is a disease protected by our legislatures.
(06-21-2011, 03:44 PM)publius Wrote: Ridiculous. Perhaps Ebert could have been a little more sensitive, but he's not the one who is going out pulling idiotic stunts to make money, nor did he coin the term "Jackass" to describe Ryan Dunn's group, and he certainly wasn't the one drinking and high-speed driving.
Wake up, adolescent boys and anyone else who thinks "Jackass" is worthwhile! It's called "reality"; get used to it.

Wake up? wake up and become an old man?

Sorry I guess I'm going to stay adolescent till the day I die because although a lot of the jackass stunts are sick many others I think are genuinely very funny. And that makes it worth while.
You can have your opinion but to tell everyone to "wake up" just because you don't see any humor? I don't need to wake up, I think anyone who can't see any humor in any of the jackass movies stunts is the one who is asleep.

As far as I know there is zero evidence that this person who crashed was a drunk driver. I'm not saying he was or was not but Ebert pretty much DECIDED he was just because Dunn was in a bar before the crash.
I assume that his alcohol content will be determined and probably will be over the legal limit . Then and that point a responsible Ebert should twitter his objections. and not before.

(06-22-2011, 09:02 AM)tvguy Wrote: Wake up? wake up and become an old man?

Sorry I guess I'm going to stay adolescent till the day I die because although a lot of the jackass stunts are sick many others I think are genuinely very funny. And that makes it worth while.
You can have your opinion but to tell everyone to "wake up" just because you don't see any humor? I don't need to wake up, I think anyone who can't see any humor in any of the jackass movies stunts is the one who is asleep.

TV..... have you seen 'Thrillbillies'? Hilarious!

(06-22-2011, 09:20 AM)Scrapper Wrote:
(06-22-2011, 09:02 AM)tvguy Wrote: Wake up? wake up and become an old man?

TV..... have you seen 'Thrillbillies'? Hilarious!

No I haven't. I'll give it a watchSmiling
(06-22-2011, 09:02 AM)tvguy Wrote: As I know there is zero evidence that this person who crashed was a drunk driver. I'm not saying he was or was not but Ebert pretty much DECIDED he was just because Dunn was in a bar before the crash.
I assume that his alcohol content will be determined and probably will be over the legal limit . Then and that point a responsible Ebert should twitter his objections. and not before.

This just in:

Quote:AP: Toxicology report shows `Jackass' star Ryan Dunn was drunk at time of fatal crash in Pa.
(06-22-2011, 11:54 AM)Scrapper Wrote:
(06-22-2011, 09:02 AM)tvguy Wrote: As I know there is zero evidence that this person who crashed was a drunk driver. I'm not saying he was or was not but Ebert pretty much DECIDED he was just because Dunn was in a bar before the crash.

This just in:

Quote:AP: Toxicology report shows `Jackass' star Ryan Dunn was drunk at time of fatal crash in Pa.

Right so if someone wants to call a jackass a jackass because he was a drunk driver then NOW would be the time to do so. I assume there will be a lawsuit brought on by the dead passengers family. Assuming he was not the driver.
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/U...TE=DEFAULT

Quote:The report said Dunn's blood-alcohol level was 0.196 at the time of the crash early Monday morning. The legal limit for drivers in the state is .08.
(06-22-2011, 12:11 PM)tvguy Wrote:

This just in:

Right so if someone wants to call a jackass a jackass because he was a drunk driver then NOW would be the time to do so. I assume there will be a lawsuit brought on by the dead passengers family. Assuming he was not the driver.

And police say he was driving his Porche 140 mph. Screw him. He could have killed some smuck just driving home minding his own business.

(06-22-2011, 01:30 PM)Red White and Blue Wrote:
(06-22-2011, 12:11 PM)tvguy Wrote:

This just in:

And police say he was driving his Porche 140 mph. Screw him. He could have killed some smuck just driving home minding his own business.

I agree and he DID kill someone else.
Good thing I never could afford a Porsche when I was young (and don't have a use for one now).
(06-22-2011, 02:25 PM)PonderThis Wrote: Good thing I never could afford a Porsche when I was young (and don't have a use for one now).

I don't know it keeps the newspaper dry and it's kind of nice to sit on and wave to people when they drive by.