Ron Paul Joins Liberal Democrat: Stop War on Pot
Ron Paul, prez candidate ® and Barney Frank (D) will be introducing a bill in Congress tomorrow that ends fed control of marijuana within a state and turns jurisdiction over to states. All I can say is Hallelujah, What a horrendous waste of resources- and what a total failure the war on Pot has been. And now a conservative R teams with a liberal D. Now that's the way it ought ot work!

here's part of the story:

Ron Paul and Barney Frank: End the pot prohibition

By Charles Riley @CNNMoney June 22, 2011: 6:12 PM ET
frank-paul.gi.top.jpg

Ron Paul and Barney Frank are teaming up.

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul and outspoken Massachusetts Democrat Barney Frank want to get the federal government out of the marijuana regulation business.

States should make their own rules concerning the leafy green stuff, and regulate it themselves, the pair propose in legislation that will be introduced Thursday.

The bill would allow the Feds to continue enforcing cross-border or inter-state smuggling, but states would set their own laws, and people could grow and sell marijuana in places that choose to make it legal.
(06-23-2011, 09:51 PM)antiideologue Wrote: Ron Paul, prez candidate ® and Barney Frank (D) will be introducing a bill in Congress tomorrow that ends fed control of marijuana within a state and turns jurisdiction over to states. All I can say is Hallelujah, What a horrendous waste of resources- and what a total failure the war on Pot has been. And now a conservative R teams with a liberal D. Now that's the way it ought ot work!

here's part of the story:

Ron Paul and Barney Frank: End the pot prohibition

By Charles Riley @CNNMoney June 22, 2011: 6:12 PM ET
frank-paul.gi.top.jpg

Ron Paul and Barney Frank are teaming up.

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul and outspoken Massachusetts Democrat Barney Frank want to get the federal government out of the marijuana regulation business.

States should make their own rules concerning the leafy green stuff, and regulate it themselves, the pair propose in legislation that will be introduced Thursday.

The bill would allow the Feds to continue enforcing cross-border or inter-state smuggling, but states would set their own laws, and people could grow and sell marijuana in places that choose to make it legal.

Where's the LIKE button???? Wink
Woohoo! Lets get started early to avoid the rush. Wink I support this of course, but I think it will go nowhere because social conservatives that want big government out of our lives will naturally be against it. Big Grin
Does that mean you would consider voting for a republican for president?
(06-24-2011, 08:33 AM)PonderThis Wrote: Does that mean you would consider voting for a republican for president?
Well let me put it like this. There was a man named Obama that said he was going to do some things that I felt were important like ending some wars and allowing the worst provisions of the patriot act to expire and so on.

If I thought for a minute that Ron Paul could actually end the war on drugs and get us out of those costly hopeless wars I might actually vote for him. He will be able to accomplish nothing like that.
From Facebook:

Quote:Willie Nelson's Teapot Party
Take action: Call this number, 202-225-3951 & say, "I would like to encourage the committee to vote YES on HR 2306: Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition Act of 2011." They will relay that message to Judiciary chairman Rep. Lamar Smith (R-TX) who has said he will not even consider the bill - lets change his mind!
When the drug war ends. shave the losers heads and throw them in the whore cart. The bikers who slept with the sheriffs, first.
Let's demand that it be tax free too.
I be damn if I want to give the Gov money after fighting them so long.
How is it that they are still our government? Is it for a level of deniability for those of you who let them put your kids on Prozac, to wean them off of pot? There was never the slightest chance that drugs could diminish Oregon's mental capacity. And, that's how they make it work. You haven't got the good sense to shoot your government.
(06-24-2011, 08:33 AM)PonderThis Wrote: Does that mean you would consider voting for a republican for president?

Ron Paul is a black sheep in the GOP. He has little party backing.
I wouldn't think many GOPers on this forum are voting for Ron Paul.