"Girl power!"
(06-28-2011, 09:38 PM)Crone Wrote:
(06-28-2011, 08:17 PM)cletus1 Wrote: Sweet heart, some girls snitched, we now have the code. I know it well, I can now look into my womans heart and see the simple thing she thinks will make us both happy. I don't neccessarily agree but I follow the guidelines and I am content.

Awww, Cletus, man...you are a rose among thorns; a prince among men.
Now if women would just stop expecting you guys to be instinctual beings like us.
It's so unfair when you men genuinely ask what is wrong and we say: "Nothing." And you know damn well there is something wrong. Unfair tactics. Embarrassed

That's a generalization that is by now a cliche. There is no evidence of any kind that women as a rule are more "instinctual".
Effective communication is possible with any intelligent man. If a girl is hooked up with a mouth breather, she has a point. The point being she makes bad choices about men and he will never have a clue. ("Was it good for you?)
But Clete is a rose among thorns. His wife is a princess and she keeps him around, proving the point.

(06-28-2011, 09:49 PM)Scrapper Wrote: By the way, since I got an iPod I don't listen to the radio...... NPR or any others.

I cant get NPR on my IPOD. Just kidding, for music it is the best but lately I think it is keeping me from discovering the new. Radio still has its place just not local radio.
(06-28-2011, 09:50 PM)Wonky Wrote: That's a generalization that is by now a cliche. There is no evidence of any kind that women as a rule are more "instinctual".
Effective communication is possible with any intelligent man. If a girl is hooked up with a mouth breather, she has a point. The point being she makes bad choices about men and he will never have a clue. ("Was it good for you?)
But Clete is a rose among thorns. His wife is a princess and she keeps him around, proving the point.

Oh, brother.
Give me an effing break.
Women and men think and "feel" much differently.
It's part of the chemistry between us.
It's wonderful when some of us figure out how to meld.
There are women mouth breathers also.

Wonky darlin'... no hidden message implied... just something else this thread made me think of. Wink I hope the hall monitor doesn't feel I'm taking the thread too far off base. Smiling

(06-28-2011, 10:01 PM)Crone Wrote:
(06-28-2011, 09:50 PM)Wonky Wrote: That's a generalization that is by now a cliche. There is no evidence of any kind that women as a rule are more "instinctual".

Oh, brother.
Give me an effing break.
Women and men think and "feel" much differently.
It's part of the chemistry between us.
It's wonderful when some of us figure out how to meld.
There are women mouth breathers also.

Oh sister.
You have either been unable to process my post, or you are breathing through your mouth.
Men and women are different. (Viva La Difference!)
We know that even the brains are slightly different. And so, it follows that the minds are slightly different.
What is not different are our abilities to process information, make rational choices, and adjust behavior when required. Women excel in all disciplines, have proven to be as gifted in all areas as men, and in addition can procreate.

Your example of the guy who grunts and "does not know what she is talking about" is a poor one. Not a good case for the real difference between the genders.

A woman who stays with that mouth breather is herself inadequate. You do all men a disservice with your narrow example.

We learn how to "meld" by intelligent practices. That we are different is important only to the ignorant. Reasoning people acknowledge the differences but embrace them and learn to "meld".

Now, shut the hell up and go do the damn dishes. Laughing

(06-28-2011, 09:49 PM)Scrapper Wrote: By the way, since I got an iPod I don't listen to the radio...... NPR or any others.

What a shame! I too love music.
But, podcasts, (to Radio what TIVO is to TV) are too valuable to miss! Listen to them when the time suits you.

For instance, many below are from NPR.

Left, Right, and Center
To The Best of Our Knowledge
Wait wait! Don't tell me.
This American Life
The Commonwealth Club
To The Point
The New Yorker (several podcasts)
The NTY (Several podcasts)
Shields and Brooks from the Newhour
The Onion Radio News
Bob Edwards Weekend
C-Span Afterwords
...and more.

Hope you find a few you like.

I have listened to a few Podcasts.... but I'm pretty sure they aren't anything you would have listened to. Eyebrows Big Grin Zipped

Oh ye of little understanding.
To try and summarize all of earth's history, even the deities we have worshipped, would be a waste of time and effort.
Cliche my ass; your comment is offensive to me.
Women are the ones who have menstral cycles in tune with the earth's rythms; we are the ones who give birth and nurture the young.
We were also, by a large majority, the ones burned at the stake during the Inquisition and tortured and killed by the Puritans.
Women are instinctual beings...and it scares the heck out of some men, it's been that way for millenia and is still happening in today's world.
Perhaps my example was not to your liking...but no matter how cheerfully you put me down, you're still putting me down.

Crone, dear;

Instinct and intuition are highly debated subjects, especially as they apply to humans. I don't think it's putting you down to say some people seem more in tune with these things than others, or that not everyone experiences them the same. I'm not at all sure this is a male/female subject.
(06-29-2011, 11:31 AM)PonderThis Wrote: Crone, dear;

Instinct and intuition are highly debated subjects, especially as they apply to humans. I don't think it's putting you down to say some people seem more in tune with these things than others, or that not everyone experiences them the same. I'm not at all sure this is a male/female subject.

Ponder, dear;
I'm sure you are probably right but Wonky's condecending manner can really chap my hide. Now let's have a good day, shall we? Smiling

No, I'm not done. I think we'd benefit by having more female leaders, and I hate being told something is so because mother knows best. How do you justify those things?
(06-29-2011, 11:42 AM)PonderThis Wrote: No, I'm not done. I think we'd benefit by having more female leaders, and I hate being told something is so because mother knows best. How do you justify those things?

The Wisdom of the Earth

Beauty, putrification, transformation, chaos, darkness, light, birth and death – the earth cycles us through all these within our own bodies. This is the frightening, fertile and sacred realm of women’s instinctual power.

“Men are electrical like the sky, women are magnetic like the earth. Just as the core of the earth has much iron in, so does women’s blood.” There are so many ways people describe women’s connection to the earth. This comes from Dr. Guan Cheng Sun, Chi Gong practitioner, researcher, and founder of Seattle’s Institute of Qigong & Internal Alternative Medicine, who has spent over 30 years working with energy and observing how energy and healing take place in men and women both.

Dr. Sun’s observations have been echoed throughout the centuries. Sky Gods, transcendent Gods, deities from “above” tend to be masculine and imaged by male names (God the Father, who art in Heaven… or the Lakota “Grandfather Sky), whereas earth deities are goddesses – goddesses of fertility, nature, the cycles of life (Grandmother Earth, in Lakota). From the early Sumerian Goddess Inanna and the Zulu Mbaba Mwana Waresa, to the Greek Gaia and Ireland’s Brigid –– civilizations throughout the centuries have indicated that the earth resonates more closely to the female form than the male.

Perhaps nothing more clearly indicates our intuitive understanding of the feminine nature of our planet as our tendency to call her “Mother Nature” or “Mother Earth.” And remember, the Latin root for Matter is the same as for Mother: Mater.

West African spiritual teacher, Sobonfu Some, tells a wonderful story of how the women of her village were given shoes to wear, but they became imbalanced and had to take them off again! “They went crazy,” she says. “Some women would not put shoes on. And if they do, then they are sure they have some time with earth under their feet.”[i]

Having earth under our feet is not just for women in Africa. The disconnect between the average Western woman and her instinctual experience – her experience that is like and of the earth – has brought so much damage to us individually and to our collective culture, which suffers from women’s rejection and suppression of our instinctual power. And it has brought terrible destruction to the earth, which needs women’s wisdom for sustenance.

The cycles of earthly life and death and the fertility of nature and of humans are the natural domain of women’s power. Midwives – those who guard the passageways to life – are generally women. Witches, who see into the spiritual nature of the earth’s plants and animals are traditionally women. Not surprisingly, it was women who were burned at the stake during the Inquisition (and of course later in Puritan America) for their witchcraft, while the patriarchal Catholic Church with its reverence for God as a transcendent Father, swept through Europe.

Today, it is easy to view this connection between women and the earth through so many cultural, psychological and physical lenses. Women’s menstrual cycles which mimic the cyclical elements of nature, our capacity to give birth, and our traditional roles as homemakers and caretakers all have focused our attention and our love into the material realm, whether through cleaning house or wiping lunch from a child’s chin or through the primal experience of breastfeeding in which the earth feeds its children through our own bodies.

The relationship with the earth is lived so differently in women than in men, and there are many reasons for this from biological and cultural to spiritual. Men’s brain chemistry and hormonal patterns, their roles in the evolution of our species and in modern society, all support a natural capacity to separate, individuate and identify more with the energies of the heavens – imagination, detached reason, scientific inquiry, and objectivity.

With a balance of nature and nurture both, men are directed their away from the groundedness that often defines women’s existence consciously and unconsciously.

Of course today more and more women are supported as they reach up to intellectual and imaginative heights and travel behind the defining connectedness to place and earth. But in doing so, we run the risk of cutting ourselves off from our nature, which is much more intertwined with earth energies that most of us imagine.

A woman who has uncovered and honors her intimacy with the earth – through nature or through the potentials of her own body – carries a wisdom of infinite mystery and power. But where is that power and how do we use it? A first step is to take a look at where it uses us – where it lives through us, unconsciously, and where it limits or controls us.

>>Rest of Article<<

Well I'm walking around barefoot today, what do you think of that? Smiling
(06-29-2011, 11:57 AM)PonderThis Wrote: Well I'm walking around barefoot today, what do you think of that? Smiling

I like your spirit, I enjoy your keen inquisitive mind and I LOVE Blue Heelers Big Grin
And, know what else? I still hate it when a guy asks his lady: "What's wrong?" And, even when it's apparent something is wrong, she shrugs her shoulders, looks tragic and replies: "Nothing."

I haven't been with a woman that did that to me in years.
(06-29-2011, 11:25 AM)Crone Wrote:

Oh ye of little understanding.
To try and summarize all of earth's history, even the deities we have worshipped, would be a waste of time and effort.
Cliche my ass; your comment is offensive to me.
Women are the ones who have menstral cycles in tune with the earth's rythms; we are the ones who give birth and nurture the young.
We were also, by a large majority, the ones burned at the stake during the Inquisition and tortured and killed by the Puritans.
Women are instinctual beings...and it scares the heck out of some men, it's been that way for millenia and is still happening in today's world.
Perhaps my example was not to your liking...but no matter how cheerfully you put me down, you're still putting me down.

No good reading of my post would suggest I was "putting you down".
However, having now read your continuing thoughts, I see you more clearly.
I won't be taking seriously much of what offer here now.
Clear communication is so much easier and healthier than obfuscation.

But, I don't need to tell you folks that.. Rolling Eyes
(06-29-2011, 09:56 AM)Scrapper Wrote: I have listened to a few Podcasts.... but I'm pretty sure they aren't anything you would have listened to. Eyebrows Big Grin Zipped

I guess we will never know in that you didn't say what you listened to. I did.
And there, Dear heart, is the heart of the matter.
Monitor your posts? What's to monitor?
I bet you are a sweetheart, a fun loving gal who lives a happy life.
I wish you well.
As the Brit's say, "Carry On".
(06-29-2011, 12:24 PM)Crazylace Wrote: Clear communication is so much easier and healthier than obfuscation.

But, I don't need to tell you folks that.. Rolling Eyes

Hear! Hear!

(06-29-2011, 12:28 PM)Wonky Wrote:
(06-29-2011, 09:56 AM)Scrapper Wrote: I have listened to a few Podcasts.... but I'm pretty sure they aren't anything you would have listened to. Eyebrows Big Grin Zipped

I guess we will never know in that you didn't say what you listened to. I did.
And there, Dear heart, is the heart of the matter.
Monitor your posts? What's to monitor?
I bet you are a sweetheart, a fun loving gal who lives a happy life.
I wish you well.
As the Brit's say, "Carry On".

It just seems like people get judged for way too many things here. I don't want my Podcast choices judged. I listen to my iPod for fun... some times just to 'check out' for a short time. I'm sure you can guess that my Podcast choices have zero to do with politics or religion! Wink I go for humor... and other things. Big Grin