Was Bristol Palin date-raped?
http://old.news.yahoo.com/s/theweek/2011...eek/216747

Excerpt: "Sarah Palin's daughter says she was too drunk to remember having sex with Levi Johnston on that fateful night five years ago — raising questions about consent.

In her new memoir, Not Afraid of Life, Bristol Palin writes that Levi Johnston, her ex-boyfriend and father of her son Tripp, "stole" her virginity in a wine-cooler-induced haze — even though he knew she wanted to wait until marriage to have sex. Palin says she isn't accusing Johnston of date rape, but, under Alaska law, a man who has sex with a woman who is "incapacitated or unaware" of what's happening is committing second-degree sexual assault. (Johnston has not commented on Palin's version of events.) Does the encounter, as described by Bristol, qualify as date rape?

It certainly sounds illegal: Bristol might not be directly accusing Levi of a crime, says Jessica Valenti at The Washington Post, but consider her story. She says she got so drunk on wine coolers during their camping trip that she didn't remember having sex, and then later angrily confronted Johnston, saying, "How could you?" If Palin's story is accurate, what "she appears to be describing is a non-consensual — and likely illegal — assault."

Calling this rape is an insult to sexual assault victims: This sounds fishy, says Maressa Brown at The Stir, especially coming from a young woman who's "becoming a mini-queen of publicity stunts" in a quest for fame and cash. If a guy rapes you, you don't wait years before blowing the whistle, and "you don't say 'yes' when he pops the question." It sounds like Bristol got drunk, had sex, and felt ashamed. To suggest she's a victim is "an insult and an injustice to women who have truly suffered through rape."

At least we're talking about this sensitive issue: Don't dismiss Bristol's version of events as a PR stunt just because she's been on reality TV, says Jesse Ellison at The Daily Beast. "Her story raises a serious issue about the often blurry line between drunken sex and sexual assault — and how our culture responds to both." Plenty of Americans "can relate to regretting a fumbling, alcohol-fueled sexual encounter," but that doesn't make it right... or legal."
Bristol Palin like her mom has problems reciting history accurately.
I can't remember the night my child was conceived either, now that I think about it. I wonder if I have a case here? Smiling
I said "He has his father's eyes", and I thought Todd was going to crap.
Is it rape? if in the morning she still willing?
(06-27-2011, 07:39 PM)cletus1 Wrote: Bristol Palin like her mom has problems reciting history accurately.

Do you have something you would like to share?

(06-27-2011, 09:31 PM)chuck white Wrote: Is it rape? if in the morning she still willing?
Personally I think Bristol is trying to restore her virginity through a rewriting of history instead of admitting that she has helium filled feet.

I am not sure, there has been many times I was drunk, and someone could of totally taken advantage of the situation. Would that be rape? This is a very hard question. None of us were there and we have no idea what was said or done. I do think it is rather ignorant of people to say that this could be a publicity stunt.
(06-27-2011, 10:44 PM)Labman Wrote:
(06-27-2011, 07:39 PM)cletus1 Wrote: Bristol Palin like her mom has problems reciting history accurately.

Do you have something you would like to share?
Sure, Paul Revere wasn't riding around on a horse in Boston warning the British.Laughing

I think it is rape for a man to take advantage of a woman that is drunk whether she is willing or not. I had a roommate fix us some drinks and then bring his laptop over to watch a crime movie. In the middle of it I was soo drunk I fell asleep on his right. He was all over me. I had no control. Finally I stood up and said this is inappropriate. He moved out shortly thereafter. I saw him once when he was asking me for a recommendation on being a roommate. I told the lady that I would not recommend he live with women and that I would not rent to him again.

In terms of Bristol Palin, I think she was raped. These traumatic experiences go down into the unconscious and are forgotten and then they resurface when the person is ready to confront the situation. I think that is what happened to her.
Quote:I think it is rape for a man to take advantage of a woman that is drunk whether she is willing or not

Whether she is willing or not
Rolling Eyes define drunk, .08 or over?

(06-28-2011, 08:35 AM)tvguy Wrote:
Quote:I think it is rape for a man to take advantage of a woman that is drunk whether she is willing or not

Incapacitated.
(06-28-2011, 08:39 AM)rainylady Wrote:

Incapacitated.

OK since you put it that way I agreeSmiling except how can you say "whether she is willing or not" if she is incapacitated?
(06-28-2011, 09:09 AM)tvguy Wrote:

Incapacitated.

OK since you put it that way I agreeSmiling except how can you say "whether she is willing or not" if she is incapacitated?

When you are drunk you don't care. She was incapacitated so she was like a baby doing whatever anyone tells her.
(06-28-2011, 09:12 AM)rainylady Wrote:

Incapacitated.

When you are drunk you don't care. She was incapacitated so she was like a baby doing whatever anyone tells her.

You are missing my point RL you said..........I think it is rape for a man to take advantage of a woman that is drunk whether she is willing or not

And I asked you to define drunk and You said "incapacitated"

So that means you are saying......I think it is rape for a man to take advantage of a woman that is incapacitated whether she is willing or not

If she is incapacitated than how can she be "willing or not" Laughing

(06-28-2011, 09:27 AM)tvguy Wrote:
Incapacitated.

You are missing my point RL you said..........I think it is rape for a man to take advantage of a woman that is drunk whether she is willing or not

So that means you are saying......I think it is rape for a man to take advantage of a woman that is incapacitated whether she is willing or not

I remember when I was drunk and the roommate attacked me I could not say no even though I wanted to. I in no way wanted anything to do with him other than to stay roommates. I did not want to kiss him, let him feel me, or feel him in an way but I was out of control. It seems like Palin was OUT OF CONTROL.
(06-28-2011, 09:49 AM)rainylady Wrote:
(06-28-2011, 08:39 AM)rainylady Wrote: Incapacitated.

I remember when I was drunk and the roommate attacked me I could not say no even though I wanted to. I in no way wanted anything to do with him other than to stay roommates. I did not want to kiss him, let him feel me, or feel him in an way but I was out of control. It seems like Palin was OUT OF CONTROL.

Oh I see, you got drunk, F**ked your roommate and now its his fault. You seem to be saying that you were willing but its not your fault because you were out of control. Oh well, guilt and or fixing the blame on the roommate don't change the willing part one bit. Laughing Ain't alcohol grand? Laughing
Quote:Excerpts from Bristol Palin’s memoirs have been released and surprisingly very little people are concerned with the fact that a.) someone published Bristol Palin’s memoirs and b.) she pretty much accuses Levi Johnston of raping her virginity away because that’s the only way a good, Christian-raised girl would have sex out of wedlock. Us Magazine reports:

In her new autobiography, Not Afraid of Life: My Journey So Far, the 20-year-old single mom reveals that, while drunk for the very first time, she lost her virginity to Levi Johnston during a camping trip.

Palin says she woke up alone in her tent, with no recollection as to what happened. Johnston, meanwhile, “talked with his friends on the other side of the canvas.”

When she confronted him about their sexual encounter, Johnston, now 21, told Palin what she wanted to hear: they wouldn’t have sex again until they were married.

But, Palin writes, they became intimate again shortly after.

Guess he was good at it.

Granted, Bristol Palin’s mom wrote a book comprised entirely of easily-refuted bullshit anecdotes and made millions of dollars off of it, when you claim someone had sex with you without your knowledge while you’re passed out drunk, that’s called rape. Or more importantly in this case, libel. Because, seriously, if Levi Johnston actually did rape Bristol in a tent, Sarah Palin is notoriously vindictive and likes to shoot things from helicopters. My thoughts on her politics aside, I’m pretty sure Mama Grizzly would’ve buried this kid under a glacier before she let people think Alaska isn’t Deadwood with snow.

http://www.thesuperficial.com/bristol-pa...ok-06-2011

Levi Johnson was born May 3, 1990, and in August 2008 vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin announced that her daughter Bristol was five months pregnant with Johnston's baby and that the two were engaged. This would have made the date of conception around late March or early April of 2008 making Levi 17 years and 10 or 11 months making him also a minor at the time.

Considering that she is slandering the father of her child and the fact that they continued on with the affair with Mama Palin's full knowledge, and with the family history and morals, who is to say that Bristol didn't get Levi drunk and rape him?

But after all is said and done, she is saying that she was raped the first time but liked it so much she continued on...............Leonard

(06-28-2011, 10:17 AM)cletus1 Wrote:
(06-28-2011, 09:49 AM)rainylady Wrote:
(06-28-2011, 09:09 AM)tvguy Wrote: OK since you put it that way I agreeSmiling except how can you say "whether she is willing or not" if she is incapacitated?

Oh I see, you got drunk, F**ked your roommate and now its his fault. You seem to be saying that you were willing but its not your fault because you were out of control. Oh well, guilt and or fixing the blame on the roommate don't change the willing part one bit. Laughing Ain't alcohol grand? Laughing

Cletus,

You have not been reading close enough. I said I got drunk, he started to attack me, I got up and told him to stop eventually but it was really hard to do because I was drunk. I was falling asleep. He was next to me and started kissing me and I got up and said "This is inappropriate." and it stopped there. I DID NOT FUCK HIM!
So if he was drunk too would that be a mutual "taking advantage of"?