Test Your Constitutional IQ!
Just in time for the 4th of July!

This lefty, much to her chagrin, only got 7 out of 10. The test says I have the Constitutional IQ of a Constitutional Scholar.

Anyone up to a challenge to beat my score?
This, of course, requires personal honesty.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/112_Congr...d=12529211
I got 7 out of 10 right like you. I guess the unknown here is who made the most guesses and got them rightBig Grin
9 out of 10...I'm slipping. Sad
(07-03-2011, 12:47 PM)broadzilla Wrote: 9 out of 10...I'm slipping. Sad

You GO, girl! Thumbs Up

good guesses?
(07-03-2011, 12:51 PM)tvguy Wrote:

good guesses?

Nope, just paid attention in my poly sci classes. Smiling
6. Embarrassed Big Grin
(07-03-2011, 01:01 PM)Valuesize Wrote: 6. Embarrassed Big Grin

Hey, if 7 is a Constitutional Scholar, 6 can't be all that bad, Dude. Wink

(07-03-2011, 12:52 PM)broadzilla Wrote:
(07-03-2011, 12:51 PM)tvguy Wrote:

good guesses?

Nope, just paid attention in my poly sci classes. Smiling

OK fine,I never took any poly sci classes and according to this I have the Constitutional IQ of a Constitutional Scholar??? Horse hockey.

Multiple choice tests almost always are easy to reduce to two answers after you eliminate the absurd answersBig Grin.
Even at that point you often have better than a 50 50 chance. Also with these kind of test threads the people who do well post their score and the ones who don't..... don'tLaughing

Question one.....

What are the first words of the constitution.

1... We the people

2..OK listen up

3 Quiet on the set

4...YO dudes
I got lucky.
I do better on multiply choice tests than essay.

Hey, luck counts too!
7-10
(07-03-2011, 06:22 PM)Uncle Wrote: 7-10

I wonder if all of us who got 7 out of 10 missed the same three? Smiling
I don't even remember which ones I missed now..how pitiful is that????
(07-03-2011, 06:34 PM)Crone Wrote:

I got 8 out of 10. I also dont remember which ones I missed. Maybe the question asking what the last amendment ratified was about.
(07-03-2011, 07:10 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(07-03-2011, 06:34 PM)Crone Wrote:

I got 8 out of 10. I also dont remember which ones I missed. Maybe the question asking what the last amendment ratified was about.

That was the one I missed.
(07-03-2011, 04:13 PM)Wonky Wrote: I got lucky.
I do better on multiply choice tests than essay.

Hey, luck counts too! (and I'm too damn dumb to spell "multiple" choice.

Here's the thing.
I did miss one, but a stupid miss and I could not correct it in time. (I knew who leads the HOUSE, but hit the VP thinking Senate before my brain kicked in.) And I cant' tell you how many I guessed on and got lucky.

And all that's good...we should know about our constitution. It seldom has much to do with our everyday lives, but still...

Now, here's something that does effect a lot of us. (I won't be able to give my source, but I'll do due diligence and find it when I can).

Some counties in the U.S. are, for the first time, changing the way they collect back property taxes. Then are "farming it out" to outside agencies for a discount on the amount owned.
For most of our lives, it worked like this: Mom and pop paid the mortgage off before they retired. At some point one or both get sick and swamped with medical bills and whatever can't pay the property taxes. So, (in the past) the country would put a lien on the house and when the property tax bill approached the value of the house they would evict and sell the house for back taxes.

No more...at least in some places.

Now, (in some places) when one is 90 days late (it can vary), the county sells the tax bill to some private shark who then gives the owner 90 days to settle or evicts and gets the house. So, the tax bill could be say, 10,000 dollars and the value of the house 250,000.

This stinks.

But it's a law in some places.

This stuff, we should know about.

(Somebody help me research this please...I read it and can't recall where. My searching skills are going the way of my _____other skills. )
"Daily Outrage: Wall Street sidles into property tax collection
By: Staff report | 10/19/10 12:00 AM

Nearly a dozen major banks and hedge funds — including Bank of America and JPMorgan Chase & Co. — are quietly setting up high-powered collection agencies to go after homeowners who fall behind on property taxes.

What: Nearly a dozen major banks and hedge funds — including Bank of America and JPMorgan Chase & Co. — are quietly setting up high-powered collection agencies to go after homeowners who fall behind on property taxes.

How: The Wall Street firms buy local-government rights to collect delinquent taxes. Some states allow private collectors to take as much as 18 percent interest, along with escalating legal fees. They can foreclose for nonpayment too.

Why it’s outrageous: Five big banks that rushed into the “tax-lien investing” industry received a total of more than $106 billion in TARP bailout money.

Read more at the San Francisco Examiner: http://www.sfexaminer.com/opinion/daily-...z1R6Q3eBRi
(07-03-2011, 08:09 PM)PonderThis Wrote: "Daily Outrage: Wall Street sidles into property tax collection
By: Staff report | 10/19/10 12:00 AM

Nearly a dozen major banks and hedge funds — including Bank of America and JPMorgan Chase & Co. — are quietly setting up high-powered collection agencies to go after homeowners who fall behind on property taxes.

What: Nearly a dozen major banks and hedge funds — including Bank of America and JPMorgan Chase & Co. — are quietly setting up high-powered collection agencies to go after homeowners who fall behind on property taxes.

How: The Wall Street firms buy local-government rights to collect delinquent taxes. Some states allow private collectors to take as much as 18 percent interest, along with escalating legal fees. They can foreclose for nonpayment too.

Why it’s outrageous: Five big banks that rushed into the “tax-lien investing” industry received a total of more than $106 billion in TARP bailout money.

Read more at the San Francisco Examiner: http://www.sfexaminer.com/opinion/daily-...z1R6Q3eBRi

Thanks Ponder. You are a good Christian worker, to quote Kinky Friedman.

But is this what I described? I see the part about the right to collect delinquent taxes, but does this apply to people who don't have mortgages? (Yea I know I should be able to figure it out! So shoot me.
But help me 1st please.
AND I JUST REALIZED I TOTALLY HI-JACKED THE TOPIC.

SHALL I START A NEW ONE?
I thought it was, but this article is from October of last year. It might not be exactly what you were thinking. If I was going to search anymore I'd search with the words "tax lien investing" (taken from the article above).
(07-03-2011, 08:27 PM)Wonky Wrote: AND I JUST REALIZED I TOTALLY HI-JACKED THE TOPIC.

SHALL I START A NEW ONE?

It generally doesn't bother me any when a topic morphs into something else, but you might run it by Wonky. He hates that kind of thing. Smiling