Hugo Chavez Returns Home
I hope Hugo Chavez has a speedy recovery. And for my believer friends I hope you include him in your prayers. Smiling

CARACAS, Venezuela – Hugo Chavez's surprise return from Cuba after cancer treatment was a classic maneuver for a president who excels at showmanship. It's also likely to give him a political boost as supporters rally around their ailing leader.

The 56-year-old president projected a strong, vibrant image as he stepped off a plane early Monday. Smiling, he hugged his vice president, broke into song and later raised a fist in triumph.

"It's the beginning of my return!" he declared.

Hours later, he rallied thousands of supporters from a balcony of the presidential palace, telling them: "We will also win this battle for life."

Wearing fatigues and the red beret of his army days, Chavez revealed that he had been in intensive care in Cuba and held up a crucifix. "Christ is with us," he said.

Full story: http://old.news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110705/...ela_chavez
Christ is of little help due to his serious condition. But, Hugo (And others like him) will see to it that Christ can continue his work.
Viva la Hugo Chavez!
Viva Venezuela!
Thank you, Cuba, for such excellent medical care!

[Image: AP_Chavez_4Jul11.jpg]
[quote='cletus1' pid='122506' dateline='1309827656']
I hope Hugo Chavez has a speedy recovery. And for my believer friends I hope you include him in your prayers. Smiling

...Snip...

I admit, without embarrassment, I did not read the "full story".

I admit to being confused. I looked, in vain for some sort of indication of your sense of irony, your sarcasm, or other signs of a lack of true caring. I hope I'm just "that dense guy" that missed it.

I don't wish cancer on any human. I hope he dies quickly, without undue suffering. That he caused the terrible suffering of so many people should not reduce him to the same fate.

(07-04-2011, 06:53 PM)Wonky Wrote: That he caused the terrible suffering of so many people should not reduce him to the same fate.

Wonky, just what is this suffering Hugo has caused his people? Hugo has been a beloved leader in his country. He's also given subsidized heating fuel to poor Americans. I cannot believe you are saying this, perhaps you will provide us some examples.
(07-04-2011, 06:53 PM)Wonky Wrote: I don't wish cancer on any human. I hope he dies quickly, without undue suffering. That he caused the terrible suffering of so many people should not reduce him to the same fate.

It's a sad subject on our nation's birthday, but most have to admit these two coots have successfully flipped off America time and time again. It really pisses America off. Fidel has been leading his people despite the heavy-handed embargo and Hugo has sold heating oil for cheap to thousands of poor folk in the Northeast. Yes, it is a stunt, but a stunt that helps and the big oil companies have NEVER matched it.
Why can't we live and let live? Leaders such as these two are a direct result of U.S. intervention in their countries.
Never forget Iran-Contra. That one wasn't in Venezuela, but it's an example of what our country has been doing to the south of us for ages.

[Image: fidel-castro-hugo-chavez-1.jpg]

(07-04-2011, 06:53 PM)Wonky Wrote: [quote='cletus1' pid='122506' dateline='1309827656']

...Snip...

I admit, without embarrassment, I did not read the "full story".

I admit to being confused. I looked, in vain for some sort of indication of your sense of irony, your sarcasm, or other signs of a lack of true caring. I hope I'm just "that dense guy" that missed it.

I don't wish cancer on any human. I hope he dies quickly, without undue suffering. That he caused the terrible suffering of so many people should not reduce him to the same fate.
You did not find signs of sarcasm because none was intended. I wish for his recovery while you hope he dies quickly. Perhaps you care to elaborate. My statement is unambiguous.
Damn, another mistake.

I was confusing HUGO, with the grape growing guy who raised the price of my table grapes just so his workers could get a decent wage. Silly man. They only worked 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. Good money too...paid in pinto beans.

Really...don't know who I was confusing he with. Maybe The president of France, I dunno.

I looked him up on Wiki. Glowing things they say about him. Even if he is a commie bastard that wants Fidel to be mayor of Miami.

So as (?) on SNL so often said: "Never Mind".
I pass through the town of Hugo on the way to the big city.
For some reason that town makes me think of Lone Ranger talk. "You go, Hugo".
The southbound onramp there used to be a notorious spot for state police to hide. I always make sure I'm not going any faster than 74 by the time I pass by the bottom. Smiling
(07-04-2011, 11:01 PM)PonderThis Wrote: For some reason that town makes me think of Lone Ranger talk. "You go, Hugo".

Hugo, jump off Joe.
(07-04-2011, 07:19 PM)Crone Wrote:
(07-04-2011, 06:53 PM)Wonky Wrote: I don't wish cancer on any human. I hope he dies quickly, without undue suffering. That he caused the terrible suffering of so many people should not reduce him to the same fate.

It's a sad subject on our nation's birthday, but most have to admit these two coots have successfully flipped off America time and time again. It really pisses America off. Fidel has been leading his people despite the heavy-handed embargo and Hugo has sold heating oil for cheap to thousands of poor folk in the Northeast. Yes, it is a stunt, but a stunt that helps and the big oil companies have NEVER matched it.
Why can't we live and let live? Leaders such as these two are a direct result of U.S. intervention in their countries.
Never forget Iran-Contra. That one wasn't in Venezuela, but it's an example of what our country has been doing to the south of us for ages.

[Image: fidel-castro-hugo-chavez-1.jpg]

Where were our Predator Drones when that picture was taken?

[Image: predator-drone.jpg]
(07-05-2011, 06:28 PM)Red White and Blue Wrote:
(07-04-2011, 07:19 PM)Crone Wrote: [Image: fidel-castro-hugo-chavez-1.jpg]

People should send you letter bombs too, Red.
(07-05-2011, 06:38 PM)PonderThis Wrote:
(07-05-2011, 06:28 PM)Red White and Blue Wrote:
(07-04-2011, 07:19 PM)Crone Wrote: [Image: fidel-castro-hugo-chavez-1.jpg]

People should send you letter bombs too, Red.

Australian Cattle Dogs should be shot on sight.

You can't wish evil on others without it coming back to you, Red.
(07-05-2011, 08:45 PM)PonderThis Wrote: You can't wish evil on others without it coming back to you, Red.

So is that another threat?
No more than you're wishing on Hugo, Red. And if the authorities had anything on me, they would have been here long before now. Smiling
hey Ponder

How do I e-mail this.

[Image: time_bomb.jpg]
That doesn't look real enough to me. Smiling