Guns don't kill people...
http://www.oregonlive.com/clackamascount...om_ac.html

Molalla man shot after being mistaken for cougar

Excerpt: "MOLALLA -- A man is fair condition today after he was mistakenly shot by his brother-in-law, who believed a marauding cougar had returned Monday night to their property south of Molalla.

Carl Cline, 56, remains in OHSU Hospital, where he is being treated for a gunshot wound to his arm.

Sgt. James Rhodes, Clackamas County Sheriff's Office spokesman, said Cline went out into an open field at their property at 15555 S. Herman Road near to watch fireworks that neighbors were launching shortly after 10 p.m.

At the same time, his brother-in-law, Virgil Foster, 60, saw a shadow and thought a cougar that had been killing livestock in the area had returned. Foster grabbed a .30-30 deer rifle and shot at the shadow, which was about 50 yards away. Cline told police he heard an explosion, then felt a sharp pain in his arm.

In the ensuing moments, the two figured out what had happened and Foster's wife called 9-1-1.

Foster, a nurse, then administered first aid until a Molalla Fire District medical crew arrived. After Cline was stabilized, he was taken by ambulance to OHSU Hospital.

Rhodes said an investigation into the incident is continuing."
Guns don't kill people... but idiots do.
now the smell of blood will draw the cougars, kind of like chumming
virgil, come quick....
personally, I've got nothin' against any of my present or former brothers in law, but whether a rifle should be taken towards several sisters in law, now that's a different story......
Hey Ponder I know this isnt on topic but its kind of like one of your pictoral commetaries on word play.

http://classic.mapquest.com/mq/5-t09a

http://elcerrito.patch.com/articles/moun...ue-warning Looks like the whole foothill base side up the east bay is becoming urban hunting ground.
(07-05-2011, 07:33 PM)PonderThis Wrote: http://www.oregonlive.com/clackamascount...om_ac.html

Molalla man shot after being mistaken for cougar

Excerpt: "MOLALLA -- A man is fair condition today after he was mistakenly shot by his brother-in-law, who believed a marauding cougar had returned Monday night to their property south of Molalla.

Carl Cline, 56, remains in OHSU Hospital, where he is being treated for a gunshot wound to his arm.

Sgt. James Rhodes, Clackamas County Sheriff's Office spokesman, said Cline went out into an open field at their property at 15555 S. Herman Road near to watch fireworks that neighbors were launching shortly after 10 p.m.

At the same time, his brother-in-law, Virgil Foster, 60, saw a shadow and thought a cougar that had been killing livestock in the area had returned. Foster grabbed a .30-30 deer rifle and shot at the shadow, which was about 50 yards away. Cline told police he heard an explosion, then felt a sharp pain in his arm.

In the ensuing moments, the two figured out what had happened and Foster's wife called 9-1-1.

Foster, a nurse, then administered first aid until a Molalla Fire District medical crew arrived. After Cline was stabilized, he was taken by ambulance to OHSU Hospital.

Rhodes said an investigation into the incident is continuing."

Oh yes.
Another example of ....?
This debate (discussion) is as old as the Colt family. Maybe older.
And how do the cops investigate stupid?

I know! Let's kill all the stupid people! (Start with me I guess).

So, Ponder, me lad, ya got any editorial comments, or is this a news story you thought we might miss?

Complex problems will never be solved by simple solutions. I know that is trite and obvious: But as true now as it always.

We are a society in deep trouble. Guns are a problem. Maybe not at the top of the list.
If every subject was a serious one, the forum would drive most people away. But Americans do love their guns, and the things stupid people do (or even the things smart people do sometimes) makes for amusing fodder for the rest of us, even if it didn't work out quite so well for the participants. We can all hope our mistakes go less noticed. Smiling
(07-06-2011, 11:37 AM)PonderThis Wrote: If every subject was a serious one, the forum would drive most people away. But Americans do love their guns, and the things stupid people do (or even the things smart people do sometimes) makes for amusing fodder for the rest of us, even if it didn't work out quite so well for the participants. We can all hope our mistakes go less noticed. Smiling

Noted.
Just thought you might have added a comment.
Would you have liked it better if I'd titled it "Look at another stupid thing gun nuts did?"* Smiling These are the Red's, Labmans, Uncles and Larry's of the world.

*I thought I did. How much more comment was needed? Smiling
(07-06-2011, 12:44 PM)PonderThis Wrote: Would you have liked it better if I'd titled it "Look at another stupid thing gun nuts did?"* Smiling These are the Red's, Labmans, Uncles and Larry's of the world.

How much?
Well I thought maybe you could have at least cut and pasted the entire U.S. Constitution, War and Peace, all back issues of The American Rifleman, and at least three of my previous "best of" posts. Laughing

(07-06-2011, 12:44 PM)PonderThis Wrote: Would you have liked it better if I'd titled it "Look at another stupid thing gun nuts did?"* Smiling These are the Red's, Labmans, Uncles and Larry's of the world.

Huh?? What the heck did I do?
I think you just got lumped in by association. Smiling
Association how?
The gun nuts association. Are you saying you don't own any?
Are you saying I do?
I'm sure I was correct in my first assessment. That's why your name was included. Smiling
Well I did a quick search of my own posts related to guns. You should go to this one, and then follow the attack I got for it.

javascript:Thread.multiQuote(92933);

How the heck do I bring an old quote here so it takes you to it?
Uncle
Forum User
Warning Level: 0%

Re: Is It Time To Ban Guns From Certain Events?
The more I think about this, the madder I get. I don't get it anymore, this addiction to killing. Guns have no place in society anymore. They had their time, when defense on the prairie depended on it, but we are supposed to be civilized by now. Why can't you just give them up, and join the hunan race?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Pot Smoker Can Carry a Gun
Tia Wrote:
Uncle Wrote:
http://www.mailtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll...WS/6170328

I think I have to agree with this ruling. I am not sure why Winters or Grensky didn't see this as being the right answer.

In its ruling, the Court of Appeals found that Willis complied with state law in her application, and disputed Winters' federal arguments. "In sum, we are not persuaded that the Sheriff is being forced to violate â?? or even potentially violate â?? any federal law by issuing a concealed handgun license pursuant to Oregon's concealed handgun licensing statutes," the court ruled.

And will you explain why you do? How is this the 'right' answer?
I can try. I am certain there are people with these permits who have gone to the dentist, or had surgery, and were prescribed Vicodin or Percocet or some other prescription drug. They are not in violation and they shouldn't be. I think the medical marijuana card is the same thing. A prescription. Winters has no right to deny this person a right that many others have if she qualifies in every other way.

I don't have any guns and I don't want any, but if this is the law of the land then it sounds like she should get one like anyone else.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I certainly have to wonder where or how you form opinions.