What's Really Behind Paranormal Experiences (Hint: It's Not Ghosts)
(08-23-2011, 06:00 PM)illcommandante Wrote: The old guy with the shopping cart said "I went to the garden to get well". I said, "I went to the orchard to get nuts". I had a feeling, he knew what my thoughts were.

Laughing
(08-23-2011, 06:01 PM)Carl_Kolchak Wrote:
(08-23-2011, 06:00 PM)illcommandante Wrote: The old guy with the shopping cart said "I went to the garden to get well". I said, "I went to the orchard to get nuts". I had a feeling, he knew what my thoughts were.

Laughing

Laughing Thank you Illc, you once again brighten my day. Wink A clever bunch we have here eh Carl? Laughing
How did you find this little band of merry misfits, by paranormal means?
So Value lets take you as an example , lets say you had had a series of issues to deal with and for some reason were taken out of your regular patters of movement for a day . Say that as you were working a few things out in your head while eating some ice cream you bought you walked by someone that injected pertinent commentary into your internal discourse and then turned and walked away. How would that effect your relationship with it all ? I can tell you one thing , when the issue of such things came up and in the end people started laughing and joking ? I might suggest you would look deeper into why they were doing so and not simply to have a healthy chuckle. I might suggest fear plays a part in such responses..
In a way, yes.

I'm starting my own paranormal investigation service and I Googled paranormal in
Rogue Valley, lead to this thread and well . . . .

I'm having fun.
Are you the one that was advertising for paranormal stories on CL awhile back?
(08-23-2011, 06:54 PM)PonderThis Wrote: Are you the one that was advertising for paranormal stories on CL awhile back?

No. Not me. What were these ads like?
I can't remember now, they never responded to me but I did send them a lead. Several people that had lived at 23 N. Peach St. in Medford claimed there was a spirit living there, including my partner at the time. Later I found a woman had died in the front bedroom, where my partner said the spirit resided. That's all I know. Smiling
We had someone on ILGP, who was in a local investigation group.
I believe they were more technical Then metaphysical, They had emf meters and IR cameras, maybe they had a psychic on board?
Hiis handle escapes me,
My old team is mainly scientific but there are a few sensitives on the group. I'm helping a friend put a team together and its thoroughly scientific.

Miss investigating with a team. I've done a few solo cases but I do miss the dynamics of working on a team.
(08-23-2011, 10:57 PM)Carl_Kolchak Wrote: My old team is mainly scientific but there are a few sensitives on the group. I'm helping a friend put a team together and its thoroughly scientific.

Miss investigating with a team. I've done a few solo cases but I do miss the dynamics of working on a team.
Ah but it is when you are on your won alone that things get interesting. BTW I believe the human mind and senses are a set of the most incredible measuring devices ever made. Humans functional at near full potential is not something seen for what it is.
No. It's not. One of the things that I dislike working solo is not having another set of eyes with me, another investigator. The number of times that I had encounters with paranormal activity I was fortunate to have another investigator with me.

Besides, if safer to be on a team and use the buddy-system. Some investigations have called for us to be in old buildings or in the outdoors. It's always better to have someone with you.

Besides -- did you ever watch my show? I got into a lot of trouble working alone!
(08-23-2011, 10:23 PM)chuck white Wrote: We had someone on ILGP, who was in a local investigation group.
I believe they were more technical Then metaphysical, They had emf meters and IR cameras, maybe they had a psychic on board?
Hiis handle escapes me,
Jonas? Thanks to Crone for reminding me of his name....Wink
(08-23-2011, 11:15 PM)Carl_Kolchak Wrote: No. It's not. One of the things that I dislike working solo is not having another set of eyes with me, another investigator. The number of times that I had encounters with paranormal activity I was fortunate to have another investigator with me.

Besides, if safer to be on a team and use the buddy-system. Some investigations have called for us to be in old buildings or in the outdoors. It's always better to have someone with you.

Besides -- did you ever watch my show? I got into a lot of trouble working alone!
your just ghost hunting that's why you spook alone. Ironically form all the way down here while the MTF was up I sensed plenty of activity amongs't the population. To the trained and gifted eye the whole other side opens up and you don't have to go to a specific location as much as pay attention to where you are at continuously.

(08-24-2011, 10:31 AM)Yeshuah Hamashiach Wrote:
(08-23-2011, 11:15 PM)Carl_Kolchak Wrote: No. It's not. One of the things that I dislike working solo is not having another set of eyes with me, another investigator. The number of times that I had encounters with paranormal activity I was fortunate to have another investigator with me.

your just ghost hunting that's why you spook alone. Ironically form all the way down here while the MTF was up I sensed plenty of activity amongs't the population. To the trained and gifted eye the whole other side opens up and you don't have to go to a specific location as much as pay attention to where you are at continuously.

I think you're a poseur.
(08-24-2011, 10:52 AM)Carl_Kolchak Wrote:

I think you're a poseur.

Laughing Ya think?!?! Thumbs Up
(08-24-2011, 11:05 AM)Scrapper Wrote:

I think you're a poseur.

Laughing Ya think?!?! Thumbs Up

One of the things that I miss with my old team -- and working on with this new one -- is having people who have backgrounds in mental health field and counseling. Couple of my fellow investigators are licensed clinical social workers and having that expertise was very helpful.

Getting evidence of the paranormal or debunking is one thing. But, sometimes, you have clients who really need help in understanding and dealing with things. Like grief counseling.

I think you're a poseur.
How would you know without you measuring devices ? It seems to me you are more or less clueless and these teams you mention simply look for crumbs from the other worldly table . You may appeal to base folks like the ones who applaud your commentary concerning my shpeel , but to the crowd who really walk in both worlds your an outsider and in fact the real Poseur. As far as personal critique goes though I'd like to ask you to keep it as civil as possible in order not to egg the baser elemental on here on this board. It simply encourages them in a negative sort of way . And Ponder , Reported.

(08-24-2011, 11:19 AM)Yeshuah Hamashiach Wrote:

I think you're a poseur.
How would you know without you measuring devices ? It seems to me you are more or less clueless and these teams you mention simply look for crumbs from the other worldly table . You may appeal to base folks like the ones who applaud your commentary concerning my shpeel , but to the crowd who really walk in both worlds your an outsider and in fact the real Poseur. As far as personal critique goes though I'd like to ask you to keep it as civil as possible in order not to egg the baser elemental on here on this board. It simply encourages them in a negative sort of way . And Ponder , Reported.

You know, I've dealt with many people like you. They show up at meetings, spout esoteric things and make themselves look all-knowing and important. Yet, when they get out in the field, they stumble around, give clients bad advice and cause more harm than good.

Tell me, bub, what do you do on an investigation? What is your goal and focus?
(08-24-2011, 04:17 PM)Carl_Kolchak Wrote: Tell me, bub, what do you do on an investigation? What is your goal and focus?

Spout esoteric things and make themselves look all-knowing and important. Smiling
(08-24-2011, 04:37 PM)PonderThis Wrote:
(08-24-2011, 04:17 PM)Carl_Kolchak Wrote: Tell me, bub, what do you do on an investigation? What is your goal and focus?

Spout esoteric things and make themselves look all-knowing and important. Smiling

Oh my, as George Takei would say. In fact . . . .