Reelo, I Saw This, Thought I Would Share
[Image: 267487_10150167555653078_22479358077_604...7939_n.jpg]

(Litefoot is a Native rapper, he's the fellow who was 'The Indian in the Cupboard')
Does Reelo like rap? Do you???

[Image: vomit-boy01-vomit-puke-sick-smiley-emoti...-large.gif]
(07-06-2011, 03:06 PM)PonderThis Wrote: Does Reelo like rap? Do you???

[Image: vomit-boy01-vomit-puke-sick-smiley-emoti...-large.gif]

The promoter is a rapper...this is a talk by a Native youth who made it to the NFL.
That's all! Smiling

Ah ha! Now I got it.
The only good Native American is a rapping Native American. Wink
I am. I really am ashamed of myself. Sad
I used to know an NA rapper named "Snoball". He used to come to some of our parties and play music off by himself, maybe with a few admirers. It was horrible stuff to listen to, all evil white man did this, sleezy white man did that kind of stuff. It probably all was true, at least from his perspective, but it still wasn't easy to listen to.

Snoball had spent a lot of time behind bars, I think mostly alcohol related one way or another in his past, so he swore he would never sleep under a roof ever again. Sometimes he would sleep in his van, but that's about as close to a real roof as I ever saw him use. Although I knew people that respected him as an artist, I couldn't help finding him a very bitter man, with a very bitter outlook.

One day I found out Snoball died. The autopsy showed he'd died of bone marrow cancer, alone and undiagnosed - a slow, agonizingly painful way to die. I always wondered how long he'd had it, and if his bitterness caused it, or if it was the cause of his bitterness. It still sort of brings tears to my eyes what he went through. Rest in peace, Snoball.

[Image: 13895718_114456060460.jpg]
Snoball Butler
(07-06-2011, 04:17 PM)Wonky Wrote: Ah ha! Now I got it.
The only good Native American is a rapping Native American. Wink
I am. I really am ashamed of myself. Sad

Who said that, pray tell?????
I was just giving reelo some background on who was sponsoring this free event.
It's called giving back to the community.
A successful NA rapper with his own recording company, Red Vinyl Records, thinks this young Native man who, despite the odds, made it into the NFL.
What a wonderful, positive experience for youth, especially Native youth.
As Litefoot says: "Rise...."
(07-06-2011, 04:43 PM)PonderThis Wrote: I used to know an NA rapper named "Snoball". He used to come to some of our parties and play music off by himself, maybe with a few admirers. It was horrible stuff to listen to, all evil white man did this, sleezy white man did that kind of stuff. It probably all was true, at least from his perspective, but it still wasn't easy to listen to.

Snoball had spent a lot of time behind bars, I think mostly alcohol related one way or another in his past, so he swore he would never sleep under a roof ever again. Sometimes he would sleep in his van, but that's about as close to a real roof as I ever saw him use. Although I knew people that respected him as an artist, I couldn't help finding him a very bitter man, with a very bitter outlook.

One day I found out Snoball died. The autopsy showed he'd died of bone marrow cancer, alone and undiagnosed - a slow, agonizingly painful way to die. I always wondered how long he'd had it, and if his bitterness caused it, or if it was the cause of his bitterness. It still sort of brings tears to my eyes what he went through. Rest in peace, Snoball.

[Image: 13895718_114456060460.jpg]
Snoball Butler

??Rest in Peace, Snoball Butler??

I'm not a rap fan, but this particular Litefoot song moves me: