roadtrip! Reports from the front.
Nevada, Utah, and Wyoming were just as stupid and unappealing as I remember them. Colorado is like being in Beaverton. Lord, I need a Mercedes Benz to take away my troubles!
(07-08-2011, 12:08 PM)bbqboy Wrote: Nevada, Utah, and Wyoming were just as stupid and unappealing as I remember them. Colorado is like being in Beaverton. Lord, I need a Mercedes Benz to take away my troubles!

Ah...taking 25 towards I70/Denver from Cheyenne, eh?
You're close to Kansas, my friend. Big Grin
Happy trails!
(07-08-2011, 01:36 PM)Crone Wrote:
(07-08-2011, 12:08 PM)bbqboy Wrote: Nevada, Utah, and Wyoming were just as stupid and unappealing as I remember them. Colorado is like being in Beaverton. Lord, I need a Mercedes Benz to take away my troubles!

Ah...taking 25 towards I70/Denver from Cheyenne, eh?
You're close to Kansas, my friend. Big Grin
Happy trails!

We are in Aurora till Monday. I don't like Denver, ever since seeing the faces in 71 here in their arena that smelled of cattle poop.
+ its flatter than KC could ever dream of being.....:wacko:
(07-08-2011, 05:40 PM)bbqboy Wrote: We are in Aurora till Monday. I don't like Denver, ever since seeing the faces in 71 here in their arena that smelled of cattle poop.
+ its flatter than KC could ever dream of being.....:wacko:

We stayed on 70 coming west instead of going up to 80 because I wanted to see/drive the Eisenhower tunnel and Vail. We just drove through Denver...those Rockies are high, man. Our little 4 banger was gasping for breath but came through beautifully. I'm glad I saw Vail...and we stopped a couple times in the Colorado River canyon...where it's still just a good sized rushing creek. I loved Grand Junction, with it's mesas and red rock...but, Lord have mercy, those people get rough winters.

I'll have to look up Aurora; is it nice?

Keep us posted, Bubba! (smoooooooooch)
no, aurora is not nice. Returning the uhaul was an exercise in exasperation and a reminder to me why big cities have so many murders.
+ we drove into the middle of massive storms and flash floods last night.
Buttholes. Smiling
(07-08-2011, 05:52 PM)bbqboy Wrote: no, aurora is not nice. Returning the uhaul was an exercise in exasperation and a reminder to me why big cities have so many murders.
+ we drove into the middle of massive storms and flash floods last night.
Buttholes. Smiling

So, are you going to eventually make it to Kansas and family?
What are you up to?
I hope you get some kind of enjoyment out of all these miles.Eek!
You don't need me to come rescue you in my Kia do you??? Unsure