11 mo old killed by family dog
(08-29-2011, 07:10 PM)PonderThis Wrote: Hey I've put up with this pit bull stuff enough already from my jerk friend who insisted on breeding his no matter what, now he's got two of them unfixed, and she's knocked up again. He thinks it's OK because he says lots of people want his puppies. I think the whole thing's unconscionable, and I don't want his dumb dogs around either. I could handle one maybe but this is ridiculous. He of course can't understand why he's losing friends over these dogs. I see people wanting to rent houses all the time, too, that own these, and legally they're a potential legal minefield for any land owner and his insurance company, all while the dog owners blithely think the world is picking on them. It won't bother me if every short haired dog that even remotely looks like a pit bull mix is gotten rid of. Smiling

Wow, so if a white guy killed someone, does that now mean that all white looking guys should be gotten rid of?? Seriously, put it in that perspective. Im sure u dont judge races because of stereotypes. If you or anyone else does than shame on you. Its whats wrong with this world, ppl hear something and just run with it. I dont see how as an adult, ppl cant seek and do research about what they dont know about or have never been around. How can you or anyone else as an adult make a choice on something without knowing about it. You also cant judge your view on a specific breed on one encounter or someone you know that is breeding etc without knowing how the dog was raised, if it has been socialized well or at all, so on so forth. To me its just common sense and not being a sheep and just following everyone elses decision
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl93Hc1uH...re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVSAeXNfZ...re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE4e_YMMW...re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h0-W5aQD...re=related
Well, the insurance companies decide for one thing. If they say having a pit bull dog around is a liability they can pull your insurance for, I believe them over a random new RVF poster. And, I've already seen first hand what enough pit bull owners are like to not want the breed around, not even looking at the dogs. Smiling
(08-29-2011, 07:37 PM)PonderThis Wrote: Well, the insurance companies decide for one thing. If they say having a pit bull dog around is a liability they can pull your insurance for, I believe them over a random new RVF poster. And, I've already seen first hand what enough pit bull owners are like to not want the breed around, not even looking at the dogs. Smiling

What most owners are like. So you do stereotype. Ignorance. Btw, my homeowners insurance didnt move a bit. You dont know me as an owner so dont start with immature BS like that
I wasn't talking about you as an owner, I'm talking about the obnoxious pit bull owner that lives down the road, and how irresponsible they are. Another one I knew had to get rid of theirs when it bit the mailman twice. The other one I told you about was the one that blamed his truck wreck on the dog, yes, all anecdotal information but seemingly typical. I don't know how irresponsible you are yet, but the fact you own and defend pit bulls now does help define you.
(08-29-2011, 08:06 PM)PonderThis Wrote: I wasn't talking about you as an owner, I'm talking about the obnoxious pit bull owner that lives down the road, and how irresponsible they are. Another one I knew had to get rid of theirs when it bit the mailman twice. The other one I told you about was the one that blamed his truck wreck on the dog, yes, all anecdotal information but seemingly typical. I don't know how irresponsible you are yet, but the fact you own and defend pit bulls now does help define you.

I see. No, that fact that i own an APBT doesnt say anything about me as a person and you know nothing about me as a person. Yes, it sounds like your other examples had bad owners that didnt correct a bad behavior or train there dog properly or at all. Doesnt say anything about the breed as a whole. Do you even know if the dogs are APBT's, how do you know if they are not mixes etc
If they pet like a pig that's close enough for me. Smiling