Restaurant Bans Kids Under 6
I've raised kids and I have grandchildren, so I can understand how the parents of well-behaved kids may be upset over it. But I've also had my dining experienced ruined by loud obnoxious children way too many times. Some parents just don't want to parent. They allow their children to run wild, scream, cry. Sometimes you just want a nice, quiet dinner... So I say good for the restaurant owner for making this rule.

http://www.wtae.com/r/28488145/detail.html

Quote:In an email sent to loyal McDain's customers, owner Mike Vuick wrote, "Beginning July 16, 2011, McDain's Restaurant will no longer admit children under six years of age. We feel that McDain's is not a place for young children. Their volume can't be controlled and many, many times, they have disturbed other customers."

---snip---

The owner said he won't make exceptions with the new rule.
"Nothing wrong with babies, but the fact is you can't control their volume," Vuick said. "There may be restaurants that prefer to cater to such things. Not here."
I'd eat at a restaurant like that. Smiling

However, I have to say, in Southern Oregon, this doesn't seem to come up often. I don't think the child-rearing classes here generally have enough money to eat in nice restaurants. And if they want to go to McDonalds, well, have at it. Smiling

There are restaurants that cater to the likes and needs of children. Why not adults?