Watchdog group says high radiation levels found in Northwest rainwater
http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northw...water.html

"Northwest rainwater is contaminated with extremely high levels of radiation from the Japan nuclear disaster, a regional watchdog group says.

The findings by Heart of America Northwest were reported by Seattle's KING TV and picked up this morning by MSNBC.

"Our government said no health levels, no health levels were exceeded.When in fact the rain water in the Northwest is reaching levels 130 times the drinking water standards," said (Gerry) Pollet.

Elevated rain water samples were collected in Portland, Olympia and Boise, which had the highest.

But EPA officials say the data was there for anyone to read on their website. "
Don't drink the water....somebody urinated in it.
(07-13-2011, 06:57 PM)PonderThis Wrote: But EPA officials say the data was there for anyone to read on their website. "

What a fricking nightmare.
<bump>
Just to make sure everyone sees this. Sad
Why worry over something you have no control over?
Just drink bottled water and don't bathe in the creek, but every other month.
(07-14-2011, 04:42 PM)hillclimber Wrote: Why worry over something you have no control over?
Just drink bottled water and don't bathe in the creek, but every other month.
You do have some control, like choosing to drink bottled water (not sure if that's safe unless they test it), drink old water. (the more radioactive materials have a short half life).
It's funny, every time someone mentions radiation- from exposure in the new TSA screening processes to the carry-over from Japan to cell phones, the fed tries to make us feel better by mentioning how little that particular amount is in the grand scheme of things. The problem is, no one ever mentions the cummulative effect of all these minute little extra exposures.
I'm laying off of milk for a few months.
(07-22-2011, 11:37 AM)illcommandante Wrote: I'm laying off of milk for a few months.

Good to see you back, illcommandante! Smiling
(07-22-2011, 12:15 PM)Crone Wrote:
(07-22-2011, 11:37 AM)illcommandante Wrote: I'm laying off of milk for a few months.

Good to see you back, illcommandante! Smiling

Ditto that! Smiling
My computer has been visiting Staples, where they found the meanest virus ever. The problem is gone, but I do have a list of the companies who inflicted it on me. A hit list.
(07-22-2011, 12:52 PM)illcommandante Wrote: My computer has been visiting Staples, where they found the meanest virus ever. The problem is gone, but I do have a list of the companies who inflicted it on me. A hit list.

I'm glad it was the computer's health and not yours...computers can be replaced.