Word game
(07-17-2011, 07:37 AM)GoCometsGo Wrote:
(07-17-2011, 05:34 AM)Juniper Wrote:
(07-16-2011, 08:22 PM)GoCometsGo Wrote:
(07-16-2011, 07:59 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(07-16-2011, 07:29 PM)GoCometsGo Wrote: So here are the listed replies to the first word that comes to your minds when thinking of the USA:

Excess, highways, success, spoiled, stubborn, judgmental, Chicken Fried Steak, greedy, Military Industrial Complex

Does the list say a lot about our country or about our membership? or something else? If this is a true representation of the public in general, I'm shocked that we have so many people that are still here.

Well, what does it say? And what is your list?

I don't really like to judge places that I've never been and aside of the USA and Mexico, I've never been to any of these places.... but I'll play along:

USA - Great country with a great history. I think the USA haters of the world have a "but what have you done for me lately" attitude

UK - Awful food

India - filthy

Japan - smart

Middle East- turmoil

China- brutal

France- ungrateful

Canada- mild

Thailand-jungle

Turkey- nothing comes to mind

Italy- smelly

Greek- hairy

Mexico- poor

Germany- the only country listed that I'd like to visit

Russia- drab

Ireland- grass

Egypt- desert

Antarctica- cold

Israel- target

Ethiopia- starving

Oh my goodness! I think if we look at the word "Xenophobic" in the dictionary, we might just find your picture in there, Go Comet.Big Grin
It really wasn't meant as a judgement game. Lots of people just think of regional foods or weather. I still think we learn a lot about people though. UK Awful food??

I had to look up xenophobic. Fear of foreigners??? Just because I think that India is filthy doesn't mean that I am afraid of people from that country. Not hardly. Also, there are plenty of countries and places that I would love to visit... just not many of them on the list shown. And even if my, (totally unfounded) first thoughts of those countries are based on TV documentaries or news shows... none of those words that I chose equates to "fear", IMHO.

"Fear" is kind of generalizing it. It can also be general mistrust or dislike of. Just as you said no one had positives to say about USA, the same struck me as I looked at your replies about other countries. Just an observation.
(07-17-2011, 09:50 AM)Juniper Wrote:
(07-16-2011, 08:22 PM)GoCometsGo Wrote:
(07-16-2011, 07:59 PM)Juniper Wrote: Well, what does it say? And what is your list?

I don't really like to judge places that I've never been and aside of the USA and Mexico, I've never been to any of these places.... but I'll play along:

USA - Great country with a great history. I think the USA haters of the world have a "but what have you done for me lately" attitude

UK - Awful food

India - filthy

Japan - smart

Middle East- turmoil

China- brutal

France- ungrateful

Canada- mild

Thailand-jungle

Italy- smelly

Greek- hairy

Mexico- poor

Russia- drab

Ireland- grass

Egypt- desert

Antarctica- cold

Israel- target

Ethiopia- starving

Oh my goodness! I think if we look at the word "Xenophobic" in the dictionary, we might just find your picture in there, Go Comet.Big Grin
It really wasn't meant as a judgement game. Lots of people just think of regional foods or weather. I still think we learn a lot about people though. UK Awful food??

I had to look up xenophobic. Fear of foreigners??? Just because I think that India is filthy doesn't mean that I am afraid of people from that country. Not hardly. Also, there are plenty of countries and places that I would love to visit... just not many of them on the list shown. And even if my, (totally unfounded) first thoughts of those countries are based on TV documentaries or news shows... none of those words that I chose equates to "fear", IMHO.

"Fear" is kind of generalizing it. It can also be general mistrust or dislike of. Just as you said no one had positives to say about USA, the same struck me as I looked at your replies about other countries. Just an observation.

I'm fond of observations.
Observe this.
A sick joke.
What do you call a 80 pound Ethiopian man?
A glutton.

(Google "Truly Tasteless Jokes")
(07-17-2011, 10:09 AM)Wonky Wrote:
(07-17-2011, 09:50 AM)Juniper Wrote:
(07-16-2011, 08:22 PM)GoCometsGo Wrote: I don't really like to judge places that I've never been and aside of the USA and Mexico, I've never been to any of these places.... but I'll play along:

UK - Awful food

India - filthy

Japan - smart

Middle East- turmoil

China- brutal

France- ungrateful

Canada- mild

Thailand-jungle

Italy- smelly

Greek- hairy

Mexico- poor

Russia- drab

Ireland- grass

Egypt- desert

Antarctica- cold

Israel- target

Ethiopia- starving

I'm fond of observations.
Observe this.
A sick joke.
What do you call a 80 pound Ethiopian man?
A glutton.

(Google "Truly Tasteless Jokes")

What do you call an Ethiopian chicken?

The worlds fastest animal.
Well this is a perfect example of what was being asked not be done in the Civil General section.
(07-17-2011, 10:36 AM)Yeshuah Hamashiach Wrote: Well this is a perfect example of what was being asked not be done in the Civil General section.

What are you babbling about?
(07-17-2011, 10:36 AM)Yeshuah Hamashiach Wrote: Well this is a perfect example of what was being asked not be done in the Civil General section.

Go away. You are not the moderator.

I guess there are no Ethiopian eats joints up there.
(07-17-2011, 10:49 AM)Yeshuah Hamashiach Wrote: I guess there are no Ethiopian eats joints up there.

So are you sticking up for Ethiopia? You are worried that we hurt some Ethiopians feelings?
(07-17-2011, 10:49 AM)Yeshuah Hamashiach Wrote: I guess there are no Ethiopian eats joints up there.

What would they serve ? sandwichesRazz

Yeah , I guess I am , onward and upward. You eat it with a pancake like bread.[Image: Ye_Feseg_Beyaynetu_a.jpg]

There are several (maybe a dozen or so) in Portland.
(07-17-2011, 11:39 AM)Scrapper Wrote:

Yep, I ate at The Horn of Africa Ethiopian Restaurant in Portland. The food was very good.
(07-17-2011, 11:52 AM)cletus1 Wrote:
(07-17-2011, 11:39 AM)Scrapper Wrote:

Yep, I ate at The Horn of Africa Ethiopian Restaurant in Portland. The food was very good.

You'll eat anything if it has a enough sauce or spices.Razz That picture hammy posted looks like slop.Laughing
Ethiopians are really good at math , don't know why , but if you bump into one at the university or near it chances are they are in the math dept or applied math in some form of research. Israel now has a sizabel Ehtiopian Jew population . The food is served on a liad out piece of injeera bread, that is the custom as is drinking mead.