New word game
(07-18-2011, 10:57 AM)PonderThis Wrote:
(07-18-2011, 10:51 AM)Wonky Wrote: if I live Ashland, Oregon, I'm a chicken friend steak eating, cheap beer drinking, non-reader who has never heard of Earnest Hemingway.

Word games indeed.

I don't know about you, but I never make friends of chickens I'm going to eat.

I don't even know any chickens...... much less have any chicken friends..... I like eating steak though. Laughing
I guess a more close reading of his post reveals he's a friend of chickens, but eats steak. I can live with that one too.

Alabama
Alaska
Arizona
Arkansas
California
Colorado
Connecticut
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Hawaii
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Maine
Maryland
Massachusetts
Michigan
Minnesota
Mississippi
Missouri
Montana
Nebraska
Nevada
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
New York
North Carolina
North Dakota
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Vermont
Virginia
Washington

West Virginia - my birthplace. County roads, take me home. Wild and wonderful West Virginia. The state where coal mining companies are blasting off the tops of mountains. Almost heaven, West Virginia, Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River Life is old there, older than the trees Younger than the mountains, blowing like a breeze "Montani semper liberi" - Mountaineers are always free

Wisconsin
Wyoming

Quote: 'Crone' pid='125427' dateline='1311013065']

West Virginia - my birthplace. County roads, take me home. Wild and wonderful West Virginia. The state where coal mining companies are blasting off the tops of mountains. Almost heaven, West Virginia, Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River Life is old there, older than the trees Younger than the mountains, blowing like a breeze "Montani semper liberi" - Mountaineers are always free

I have lots of aunts and uncles and cousins in West Virginia, Rainelle , Huntington. My Grandmother is buried there. I was 14 and at her funeral when Kennedy was shot. . I learned to swim in the Ohio River. Smiling
One of my dads sisters married a state senator. bla bla, nice place to visit , I'm glad I didn't live there.
(07-18-2011, 11:34 AM)tvguy Wrote: I have lots of aunts and uncles and cousins in West Virginia, Rainelle , Huntington. My Grandmother is buried there. I was 14 and at her funeral when Kennedy was shot. . I learned to swim in the Ohio River. Smiling
One of my dads sisters married a state senator. bla bla, nice place to visit , I'm glad I didn't live there.

I was born in Huntington, home of Marshall University, but we lived outside of Barboursville, a Huntington 'suburb'. I was baptized in the Ohio River! Surprised My ancestors were established there when it was still Virginia...consequently we really did have brothers who split sides..parents had one son fighting for the Union, one side fighting for the Confederacy. I wouldn't mind living there, but for the humidity. I will never live on the east coast again, if'n I can help it. I like to live a fur piece from that wet air. Wink

(07-18-2011, 11:40 AM)Crone Wrote:
(07-18-2011, 11:34 AM)tvguy Wrote: I have lots of aunts and uncles and cousins in West Virginia, Rainelle , Huntington. My Grandmother is buried there. I was 14 and at her funeral when Kennedy was shot. . I learned to swim in the Ohio River. Smiling

I was born in Huntington, home of Marshall University, but we lived outside of Barboursville, a Huntington 'suburb'. I was baptized in the Ohio River! Surprised My ancestors were established there when it was still Virginia...consequently we really did have brothers who split sides..parents had one son fighting for the Union, one side fighting for the Confederacy. I wouldn't mind living there, but for the humidity. I will never live on the east coast again, if'n I can help it. I like to live a fur piece from that wet air. Wink

That's pretty neat cuzRazz yeah the cold weather where I'm from (southern Ohio) was the real deal killer but yes the humidity sucks also.
My fathers side of my family were all from Virginia, I was able to trace them back to 1600 and something, I forget.
This was About 8 years ago, I was even able to obtain photographs of family members on both my mothers and father side.
It turns out that my GG grand father has six sons who were in the civil war. Rebels of courseRazz I have pictures of two of my great uncles and my grandfather in their uniforms.

(07-18-2011, 12:59 PM)tvguy Wrote: That's pretty neat cuzRazz yeah the cold weather where I'm from (southern Ohio) was the real deal killer but yes the humidity sucks also.
My fathers side of my family were all from Virginia, I was able to trace them back to 1600 and something, I forget.
This was About 8 years ago, I was even able to obtain photographs of family members on both my mothers and father side.
It turns out that my GG grand father has six sons who were in the civil war. Rebels of courseRazz I have pictures of two of my great uncles and my grandfather in their uniforms.

Well, then you should understand the three R's to an impoverished West Virginian:

Readin'
Rightin'
Road to Ohio

Laughing

(07-18-2011, 01:20 PM)Crone Wrote:
(07-18-2011, 12:59 PM)tvguy Wrote: That's pretty neat cuzRazz yeah the cold weather where I'm from (southern Ohio) was the real deal killer but yes the humidity sucks also.

Well, then you should understand the three R's to an impoverished West Virginian:

Readin'
Rightin'
Road to Ohio

Laughing

LaughingLaughingLaughing Yeah I used to know a whole lot of West Virgina jokes.

(07-18-2011, 11:03 AM)Scrapper Wrote:
(07-18-2011, 10:57 AM)PonderThis Wrote:
(07-18-2011, 10:51 AM)Wonky Wrote: if I live Ashland, Oregon, I'm a chicken friend steak eating, cheap beer drinking, non-reader who has never heard of Earnest Hemingway.

Word games indeed.

I don't know about you, but I never make friends of chickens I'm going to eat.

I don't even know any chickens...... much less have any chicken friends..... I like eating steak though. Laughing

Yea, that's me, in spades. I make more typo's and misspellings than most 5th graders. I'm also guilty of lousy sentence structure, atrocious grammar and often make about as much sense at the guys Waiting For Godot.

Worse, I am sometimes rude, crude, and socially unacceptable. Afflicted with the jerk gene.

But, "Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play"?

I mean, the point was...

Ah, forget it.