Medford - 4-Alarm Fire
(07-19-2011, 05:02 PM)Wonky Wrote: I want to think "No man is an island", and we really are connected in many ways.

“Mitakuye Oyasin” — we are all related. All of us, no matter who you are (person), or what you are (grass, trees, rocks), are the same. No one is better than anyone else. Our lives really are circular, and yes, everything REALLY is related to everything else. Some say related — I like to say enmeshed, because it really is.

It's good to have a heart, Wonky....

(07-19-2011, 04:44 PM)snowhater Wrote:
(07-18-2011, 12:25 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-18-2011, 12:01 PM)PonderThis Wrote: I hope some cheap ass tenant didn't steal the batteries, as typically happens when they're not hotwired in. I think the law requires both now, and recently a carbon monoxide detector too.

No the law does not require "hotwired" or what you mean to say is hardwired. Plus the smoke detectors that are now required have ten year batteries and I'm not sure about the law but there are SD's that you can't remove the battery. IMO that should be required for any rental.

Also I don't think anyone is required to have a carbon monoxide detector unless there is a source for carbon monoxide.

Since April all rentals that have an attached garage, wood stove, pellet stove or that has any natural gas hook-ups must have carbon monoxide detectors.

Thanks. Like I said you only need one if there is a source for carbon monoxide such as the sources you mentioned..anyways thanks again, I need to get one, I never thought about it when I bought my pellet stove.

Which BTW has worked fantastically and we all love it.
It's only required for landlords. Homeowners can kill themselves if they want to and nobody will hold it against them.
(07-19-2011, 06:23 PM)PonderThis Wrote: It's only required for landlords. Homeowners can kill themselves if they want to and nobody will hold it against them.
Don't you think the govt. should confiscate any children and put them in foster homes?
(07-19-2011, 06:45 PM)hillclimber Wrote:
(07-19-2011, 06:23 PM)PonderThis Wrote: It's only required for landlords. Homeowners can kill themselves if they want to and nobody will hold it against them.
Don't you think the govt. should confiscate any children and put them in foster homes?

I think the government should detain you, but it probably won't happen as most of them think like you.
(07-19-2011, 07:02 PM)bbqboy Wrote:
(07-19-2011, 06:45 PM)hillclimber Wrote:

I think the government should detain you, but it probably won't happen as most of them think like you.

Yeah good old AM radio infected Hillclimber is so brainwashed that he thinks kids are better off with parents who are killing them than being placed in a foster home where they can live.
Anyone go to the candlelight vigil?