You don't like See's Candy, or what?
(07-18-2011, 09:31 PM)Wonky Wrote: Well, it really wasn't about See's Candy, was it.

Remember the thing about podcasts?

But, I do like See's candy.

I don't like podcasts either. Am I forgiven? Ninja
(07-18-2011, 09:36 PM)Wonky Wrote:
(07-18-2011, 06:05 PM)Crazylace Wrote:
(07-18-2011, 05:26 PM)Wonky Wrote:
(07-18-2011, 05:19 PM)Crazylace Wrote: Sometimes I have to turn This American Life waaaay down as some of the content is pretty inappropriate for work.

At work?
You listen to radio at WORK?
Oh yea. You need podcasts!

Sorry if I sound snippy. I'm a Union guy. We work at work. No radio, no TV, and if there is nothing to do, we find something to fix or sweep.
Yea, I know. Things have changed.
Sorry, don't mean to be hard. Just a different time and I haven't adjusted. Crying

Good for you, union guy. I'm a cook at a RTF and we are allowed a mere radio as we chop, saute and sweep. Cool I earn a steady paycheck, help support my family and pay my taxes too. I'm sorry if you can't adjust to someone filling a p/t position. That's pretty much all that is out there, union guy.

Sorry C/Lace, reading that again I understand how offensive it sounds. Hey, if you can work and listen to the radio, more power to you. I remember now, I just never worked in a setting where I could listen to radio. And I do understand the value of helping support the family. I also understand it's a whole different thing out there now. I was (am) so lucky!
Please forgive my insensitive remarks.

Ok, I forgive you, Wonks.. : ) Please share other interesting pod casts as well. I'm always jonesin for new stuff.
(07-19-2011, 08:17 PM)Snowlover Wrote:
(07-18-2011, 09:31 PM)Wonky Wrote: Well, it really wasn't about See's Candy, was it.

Remember the thing about podcasts?

But, I do like See's candy.

I don't like podcasts either. Am I forgiven? Ninja

There is no need of forgiveness where there is no sin.

Some podcasts, but not all, provide value. Sometimes information, sometimes humor, and sometimes just a glimpse as something new and unusual. They have added real value to my life, and I offered this Topic for that reason.

I'd be interested in knowing the ways you find information, humor, and those glimpses into new areas.

We enjoy See's candy.
When my wife went to get her first guide dog, it was Feb. of 2001. She was to be gone for 28 days, and right at the time of Valentines day. So, I got her a big heart-shaped box of See's candy to mark the occasion. (As it turned out, she ended up getting her guide on the 14th of Feb.........kinda outdid the measly box of chocolates.) She shared the See's with her roommate who was from Ohio, who told her that they don't have See's candy stores where she lived. So, on graduation day with their guides, we presented her roomie with a big 2 lb box of See's to take back with her. She called us later to tell us that the box never made it to Ohio....her husband and son had polished it off on the plane.

Oh, we dont listen to podcasts. We just like See's candy.