August 7th, Baby...August 7th
Caint get here soon enough!
Some things I can drive to Mountain View for.

(07-18-2011, 09:45 PM)Crone Wrote: Caint get here soon enough!
Some things I can drive to Mountain View for.

Didn't know you were a country fan. Had you figured for jazz. (of course, you might enjoy both...or more).
I like some Country. Could you suggest a couple of cuts she does you enjoy.

(07-18-2011, 09:48 PM)Wonky Wrote: Didn't know you were a country fan. Had you figured for jazz. (of course, you might enjoy both...or more).

Country? I call that blues...but who cares? She's my girl, I've been going to her shows for 25 years. She is arguably the best slide guitar player, great vocalist and leads a whole band with precision and grace.

Hubby and I are going to go to this concert:

[Image: admat.jpg]
Gawd, rub it in Crone! Smiling
(07-18-2011, 10:39 PM)Crazylace Wrote: Gawd, rub it in Crone! Smiling

Sorry, Crazylace...do you know how long it's been???????
Can you sense the depth of my excitement? LaughingCool
Plus we are going to stay on the sailboat for two nights. Big Grin

I'm calling tomorrow to spring for the $40 parking, though.
I hate being blackmailed, but I've been told by those in the know that we will walk for miles if we don't. Eeep.
(07-18-2011, 10:44 PM)Crone Wrote: I'm calling tomorrow to spring for the $40 parking, though.
I hate being blackmailed, but I've been told by those in the know that we will walk for miles if we don't. Eeep.

Hey.... if you're going to treat yourself.... treat yourself! And don't feel bad about it! Enjoy!
(07-18-2011, 10:44 PM)Crone Wrote:
(07-18-2011, 10:39 PM)Crazylace Wrote: Gawd, rub it in Crone! Smiling

Sorry, Crazylace...do you know how long it's been???????
Can you sense the depth of my excitement? LaughingCool
Plus we are going to stay on the sailboat for two nights. Big Grin

I'm calling tomorrow to spring for the $40 parking, though.
Are you taking about parking at Shoreline? It is free and the walk is not that far. I was there for the two day Further concert at the end of May and did not have a problem.
(07-19-2011, 06:04 AM)cletus1 Wrote: Are you taking about parking at Shoreline? It is free and the walk is not that far. I was there for the two day Further concert at the end of May and did not have a problem.

Thanks, Cletus. I've never been there. So there is actual free parking in a parking lot, separate from the "V.I.P. Parking?" I appreciate your help and info. Smiling

(07-19-2011, 10:37 AM)Crone Wrote:
(07-19-2011, 06:04 AM)cletus1 Wrote: Are you taking about parking at Shoreline? It is free and the walk is not that far. I was there for the two day Further concert at the end of May and did not have a problem.

Thanks, Cletus. I've never been there. So there is actual free parking in a parking lot, separate from the "V.I.P. Parking?" I appreciate your help and info. Smiling

BUT... perhaps an event this huge will require A LOT MORE parking than the normal/average event. I would be tempted to play it safe and pay for the VIP Parking. We kinda like to treat ourselves to things like that every now and then though. Smiling
(07-19-2011, 10:44 AM)Scrapper Wrote:
(07-19-2011, 10:37 AM)Crone Wrote:

BUT... perhaps an event this huge will require A LOT MORE parking than the normal/average event. I would be tempted to play it safe and pay for the VIP Parking. We kinda like to treat ourselves to things like that every now and then though. Smiling
I was wrong about the dates I attended. I actually attended on June 3rd and 4th. Shoreline holds 22,000 people and it was sold out on June 3rd, I'm not sure about the 4th. I did get there early because that is part of the experience and I was able to park close to the entrance.

I have attended other concerts there, and have never had to walk more than 3/4 of a mile. $40 is a lot to pay to avoid a 12 minute walk assuming you arrive late or near start time. $40 bucks is like 3 1/2 of their $12 dollar beers and I am not joking.
(07-18-2011, 10:21 PM)Crone Wrote:
(07-18-2011, 09:48 PM)Wonky Wrote: Didn't know you were a country fan. Had you figured for jazz. (of course, you might enjoy both...or more).

Country? I call that blues...but who cares? She's my girl, I've been going to her shows for 25 years. She is arguably the best slide guitar player, great vocalist and leads a whole band with precision and grace.

...snip video..

"And when I'm wrong boys, I sure am wrong"!

Wow. Looked up her bio. Amazing lady. I regret not having taken time to listen to her. I'll correct that.
I'm not sure why I had her pegged as a C&W singer. Maybe for the same reason I thought Neil Diamond is a jazz singer. (He DID, after all make the movie).

(07-19-2011, 11:24 AM)Wonky Wrote:
(07-18-2011, 10:21 PM)Crone Wrote:

...snip video..

Wow. Looked up her bio. Amazing lady. I regret not having taken time to listen to her. I'll correct that. yeah get your head out of those moldy old books and tell meet thje press and Charlie Rose to take a hike... Bonnie Raite country??LaughingLaughingLaughingAnd you don't have the time?:wacko:
I'm not sure why I had her pegged as a C&W singer. Maybe for the same reason I thought Neil Diamond is a jazz singer. (He DID, after all make the movie).

(07-19-2011, 02:08 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-19-2011, 11:24 AM)Wonky Wrote:
(07-18-2011, 10:21 PM)Crone Wrote: [quote='Wonky' pid='125684' dateline='1311050911']

Didn't know you were a country fan. Had you figured for jazz. (of course, you might enjoy both...or more).

...snip video..

Wow. Looked up her bio. Amazing lady. I regret not having taken time to listen to her. I'll correct that. yeah get your head out of those moldy old books and tell meet thje press and Charlie Rose to take a hike... Bonnie Raite country??LaughingLaughingLaughingAnd you don't have the time?:wacko:

Dang nab it, ya got me pegged, pilgrim. I'm so far away from what is happening that I'll never catch up. But, I do know this, for sure: I gotta get down to Las Vegas and catch Wayne Newton. That 'ol boy is aging as we speak. (If you haven't heard Wayne Newton yet, he's got a German song out that's really good! Donka Shane, or somthin'. It's hot).