E-Readers
Anyone here use an e-reader?

My wife has been using a Nook (Barnes and Noble) for some time. She got new one and gave me her old one.
Some-a-bitch. Kindy like it.

The type face is always the same. (One can select it of course). The size and kind of typeface can bother me while reading some books. And sometimes, too, it can be very good. On these electronic thing, it's consistent.

What am I doing? You already know about these things. I guess I'm surprised that I like it and am wondering what your experience has been.

So?
Well, my computer reads all the letters of the alphabet, not just the letter "e". You cheap bastard, you should have sprung for one like that instead.
(07-19-2011, 05:42 PM)PonderThis Wrote: Well, my computer reads all the letters of the alphabet, not just the letter "e". You cheap bastard, you should have sprung for one like that instead.

You're a funny guy. And there are hundreds of thousands of funny guys out of work right now. Big Grin

But I am cheap. Hard to beat that rap.

I like books and I don't like See's candy! Razz
(07-19-2011, 09:04 PM)Snowlover Wrote: I like books and I don't like See's candy! Razz

I'm amazed at those of you who don't like "See's Candy". Any of it? I mean they make lots of different kinds of sweet stuff.

And again, this wasn't really about See's candy or books, as such.

Oh well.
(07-19-2011, 10:02 PM)Wonky Wrote:
(07-19-2011, 09:04 PM)Snowlover Wrote: I like books and I don't like See's candy! Razz

I'm amazed at those of you who don't like "See's Candy". Any of it? I mean they make lots of different kinds of sweet stuff.

Oh well.
This links up with Crone's thread about book stores going out of business. I guess everything is going to be in e-reader format soon.
(07-20-2011, 09:12 AM)rainylady Wrote:

Oh well.
This links up with Crone's thread about book stores going out of business. I guess everything is going to be in e-reader format soon.

Could be R/L. But, I heard a discussion on All Things Considered that books and periodical will be around for a long time. . (Won't bother to explain their arguments)
Personally, I like both. It's really the content that matters, don't you think? I've read a few books with LOTS of pages in hardbound. If I had a choice, I'd read them now on a e-reader. Much more comfortable.

I do not have one, nor have i used one. But I have thought about getting one, but one of my guilty pleasures is reading in the bath tub. I am not sure I would really want to do that with any type of e-reader.

Oh well.

I am thinking about getting one Wonky. Torn between the Nook and the Kindle. However, if I get one, I plan on also getting a box of See's Nuts and Chews so I might indulge in at least two of life's more enjoyable pleasures.

However, I would be curious as to how your wife managed to wear one out. Well, I guess you didn't exactly say she wore the first one out but maybe she is a fast page turner....perhaps read too many "burners".

Curious minds want to know. I shall check with one.

(07-20-2011, 06:37 PM)blondemom Wrote: I do not have one, nor have i used one. But I have thought about getting one, but one of my guilty pleasures is reading in the bath tub. I am not sure I would really want to do that with any type of e-reader.

Mine too!

From what I hear, there is talk of a waterproof version soon. Smiling
(07-20-2011, 10:38 PM)broadzilla Wrote:
(07-20-2011, 06:37 PM)blondemom Wrote: I do not have one, nor have i used one. But I have thought about getting one, but one of my guilty pleasures is reading in the bath tub. I am not sure I would really want to do that with any type of e-reader.

Mine too!

You don't read while sitting on the toilet too do you? I think that is disgusting.
When I was a kid that was the only way to get any "alone" time.
(07-20-2011, 10:38 PM)broadzilla Wrote:

Mine too!

Maybe then, but you know I will have to do something with all of my bookshelf's. I have so many books.

My oldest daughter's MIL enjoys spending quiet/relaxing time in the hot tub... late evenings reading by headlamp light. Big Grin She purchased one of these on Amazon ($7) and loves it!

[Image: 31QFS0%2BbXdL._SL500_AA300_.jpg]
(07-20-2011, 10:36 PM)imaham Wrote:

Oh well.

I am thinking about getting one Wonky. Torn between the Nook and the Kindle. However, if I get one, I plan on also getting a box of See's Nuts and Chews so I might indulge in at least two of life's more enjoyable pleasures.

However, I would be curious as to how your wife managed to wear one out. Well, I guess you didn't exactly say she wore the first one out but maybe she is a fast page turner....perhaps read too many "burners".

Curious minds want to know. I shall check with one.

Nope. The newest one (but not the color one) has a much better battery life and a couple of other features she wanted. When she talked to me about it, I said sure, and I'll try the "old one". And, it's her birthday gift.
I don't know that I "need" this thing, but I like it and have been using it every day.
For reasons I can't explain (I never let facts cloud my judgement) I think I go for the least expensive Kindle. (No G-3...Wi-Fi.).
So, I'd say if a $120.00 bucks or so in your "disposable income" budget, get one. You might really like it.