Thank You, NASA!!
NASA's 30-year Space Transportation System (STS) program came to an end on 21st July 2011. The Space Shuttle fleet delivered the Hubble Space Telescope, the International Space Station, and dozens of satellites, space probes, crew and supplies. Two Shuttles were lost: Challenger in 1986 and Columbia in 2003. The touchdown of Atlantis at Kennedy Space Center marked the end of an era, after 135 missions. This video shows all of them in chronological order. http://www.nature.com/spaceshuttle

And now we must rely on the Russians.. That is unacceptable to me..
(07-21-2011, 05:53 PM)hillclimber Wrote: And now we must rely on the Russians.. That is unacceptable to me..
why? they are our allies.
(07-21-2011, 05:59 PM)bbqboy Wrote:
(07-21-2011, 05:53 PM)hillclimber Wrote: And now we must rely on the Russians.. That is unacceptable to me..
why? they are our allies.
It is demoralizing to our NASA people.. But I was speaking to my feelings.. We are now dependent on the communists for our space travel. I don't like communism, and I don't like relying on Russia for anything.. If you like this situation, bully for you.
they are bigger capitalists than we/you are. where have you been since your hero bonzo tore down the walls?
(07-21-2011, 06:39 PM)bbqboy Wrote: they are bigger capitalists than we/you are. where have you been since your hero bonzo tore down the walls?
Are you serious? They have a GNP smaller than the state of California, in it's broken condition.. Corruption and graft are rampant in Russia and most business cannot be conducted without it.. I agree they are trying to institute capitalism, but the corruption prevents any real productivity..
I guess it is time for China to step up to the plate, after all they are the true capitalists and have enough money to continue such a program
The space program was USA's hobby. We can no longer afford a hobby OR to have troops all over the planet.
If things start getting better we can start blowing money on more freaking rockets but there's really nothing outside of our atmosphere that we need.

OK Crone first of all that looks more like a beat up motor home than a space shuttle and secondly isn't that Wonky peering out the window?

[Image: NASAwonky.jpg]
(07-21-2011, 07:36 PM)tvguy Wrote: OK Crone first of all that looks more like a beat up motor home than a space shuttle and secondly isn't that Wonky peering out the window?

[Image: NASAwonky.jpg]

LaughingLaughingLaughing Yea Wonky! Waving LaughingLaughingLaughing
(07-21-2011, 07:36 PM)tvguy Wrote: OK Crone first of all that looks more like a beat up motor home than a space shuttle and secondly isn't that Wonky peering out the window?

OMG! I think you're right!!!

[Image: 48857d1252694279-some-thing-digging-my-yard-bwahaha.jpg]

I wish I knew Photoshop, that is SO FUNNY!!! And realistic!

(07-21-2011, 07:15 PM)tvguy Wrote: The space program was USA's hobby. We can no longer afford a hobby OR to have troops all over the planet.
If things start getting better we can start blowing money on more freaking rockets but there's really nothing outside of our atmosphere that we need.
Yeah, but who wants to be practical. You are right, but it still ticks me off..
So short sighted
there Is a lot of space out there
I don't know about you but I never seem to have enough space