A great Great Dane
http://tinyurl.com/3okut87

A good read on the worlds largest dog.
Wow! that's one big dog. Thanks for sharing, Hillclimber!
That dog is so cool. We have two labs that we treat like people. One of them even sleeps on our bed. If he could talk he would say it's HIS bed. I was never a "pet" person until these dogs were brought into the house. They've shown us how much more they can be than just "pets."

We've had dogs before but they were just animals that we had that were sort of forgotten outside. We fed them and let them in now and then but they were not really "family."

Now, when I see dog owners that keep their pets outside in a kennel, it makes me sad.
I'm holding down Barbie's spot at The Big Y (Come buy my swapmeet crap for antique store prices!) while he dodges the tax man. Yesterday, I asked about a sweet looking mutt, and the guy said "I think he's mostly pitbull, with a little bull mastiff". Still, I fell in love. A little later, one, a sort of similar (But different) color, strolled by. I asked the same question. and "I think he's mostly pit bull, with a little bull mastiff". I'd love to have either one of those dogs. But, they shouldn't even exist. My wife showed me an article about a fellow in Selma that is trying to recreate an "American Indian" dog. Whether or not he has (And, I suspect he pretty well has), he seems to have created a near perfect dog. Just from the pictures, I think I have sort of a feel for how they would behave. They are about as big a dog, as I feel comfortable knowing exists. The boxer thing, the other day, has set me off again. These are our kids these dogs kill. And, who'd ever, for a second, worry about a boxer? (Other than my wife's dad, who had to hose the neighbor's boxer off himself, when he appeared to be a threat to his own daughter. Dogs seem to have a way of sensing what's in a Shell Exec's heart.
GoComets is right to feel sad about that outside dog. These mixes we enjoy aren't so geared to the world we live in. They are better suited to a warmer climate, and a dog kept outside year 'round, will slowly do what Alaska sled dogs used to do in a hurry. Cold will eat their hearts up. Whatever you do, make sure they have a way to stay warm. Truly warm!
hey Ill, thanks for buying my miniature crescent wrenches. Smiling
(07-25-2011, 08:31 AM)illcommandante Wrote: GoComets is right to feel sad about that outside dog. These mixes we enjoy aren't so geared to the world we live in. They are better suited to a warmer climate, and a dog kept outside year 'round, will slowly do what Alaska sled dogs used to do in a hurry. Cold will eat their hearts up. Whatever you do, make sure they have a way to stay warm. Truly warm!

I agree. I think the same thing about the poor dogs kept in outdoor kennels with no dirt or grass... just cold cement floors that the owners like because they're easy to hose down. It's just not right.
(07-25-2011, 08:33 AM)bbqboy Wrote: hey Ill, thanks for buying my miniature crescent wrenches. Smiling

LaughingLaughingLaughing