Man Awakes in Morgue Fridge

Quote:JOHANNESBURG (AP) -- A South African man awoke to find himself in a morgue fridge - nearly a day after his family thought he had died, a health official said Monday.

Health department spokesman Sizwe Kupelo said the man awoke Sunday afternoon, 21 hours after his family called in an undertaker who sent him to the morgue after an asthma attack.

Morgue owner Ayanda Maqolo said he sent his driver to collect the body shortly after the family reported the death. Maqolo said he thought the man was around 80 years old.

"When he got there, the driver examined the body, checked his pulse, looked for a heartbeat, but there was nothing," Maqolo told the Associated Press.

But a day after staff put the body into a locked refrigerated compartment, morgue workers heard someone shouting for help. They thought it was a ghost, the morgue owner said.

"I couldn't believe it!" Maqolo said. "I was also scared. But they are my employees and I had to show them I wasn't scared, so I called the police."

After police arrived, the group entered the morgue together.

"I was glad they had their firearms, in case something wanted to fight with us," Maqolo said.

He said the man was pale when they pulled him out.

"He asked, 'How did I get here?'" Maqolo said.

The health department said the man was then taken to a nearby hospital for observation and later discharged by doctors who deemed him stable.

Kupelo, the health department spokesman, urged South Africans to call on health officials to confirm that their relatives are really dead.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/A/A...TE=DEFAULT
Yea when I buried my first wife she kept saying she wasn't dead.
But that woman lied a lot.
(07-25-2011, 12:47 PM)chuck white Wrote: Yea when I buried my first wife she kept saying she wasn't dead.
But that woman lied a lot.

You must lead a rich fantasy life, Chuck. WinkLaughing
I have been drug out of the body pile. After they thought it over, they tried to throw me back.
(07-25-2011, 02:59 PM)illcommandante Wrote: I have been drug out of the body pile. After they thought it over, they tried to throw me back.

I'm not completely sure if I believed him, but my Great-Uncle, a WWII veteran, frequently told a story of waking up with his dog tag on his big toe. Yikes.

They don't put them on toes anymore. Sad
(07-25-2011, 03:02 PM)Crone Wrote:
(07-25-2011, 02:59 PM)illcommandante Wrote: I have been drug out of the body pile. After they thought it over, they tried to throw me back.

I'm not completely sure if I believed him, but my Great-Uncle, a WWII veteran, frequently told a story of waking up with his dog tag on his big toe. Yikes.

They don't put them on toes anymore. Sad

I sure hope it was just a joke some of his friends were playing on him!! Embarrassed
(07-25-2011, 03:18 PM)Snowlover Wrote: I sure hope it was just a joke some of his friends were playing on him!! Embarrassed

No, no joke. It was some kind of big shell, a big blast. Only two of them survived. It really was an incredible story, he woke up in a neatly laid row of dead troops. Unfortunately, as with many great uncles who served, he had to be stinkin' rotten drunk to tell this tale.
Well my Uncle who spent 70 days on the front after DDay ? HE didn't drink much when he started a family , his word in the community was as good as gold. But his lack of education and the toll of PTSD finally did him in and he became an invalid . Funny thing , he didnt really start having troubles till they moved out into the farmland an were more isolated in some respects. He was constantly fighting in his sleep.
That was an honorable thing your family member did back in 1944. Got any more recent examples?
They were all Christian.
Well we all know when someone tells you how great a Christian they are you're about to get porked.
So as far as trying to bring up TD play in the General section Ponder seems poised to muddy the water first. Surprise surprise.