17%-86% Raises?
(07-25-2011, 10:30 PM)Crazylace Wrote:
(07-25-2011, 10:25 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(07-25-2011, 05:31 PM)bbqboy Wrote: so only slugs and slackers should work in government? Oh wait, that was the bushwacker administration.
bushwacker administration
Are we back to Michelle's toys again?
Grow up.

Oh go eat a Ham Sandwich Smiling
So was Obama lying when he recently said this earlier this month?:

Quote: But what I can do is to speak out forcefully for the principle that we can make these adjustments that are necessary during these difficult fiscal times, but do it in a way that preserves collective bargaining rights. And certainly at the federal level where I do have influence, I can make sure that we make these adjustments without affecting people’s collective bargaining rights.

I’ll give you just one example. We froze federal pay for federal workers for two years. Now, that wasn’t real popular, as you might imagine, among federal workers. On the other hand, we were able to do that precisely because we wanted to prevent layoffs and we wanted to make sure that we sent a signal that everybody is going to have to make some sacrifices, including federal workers.

By the way, people who work in the White House, they’ve had their pay frozen since I came in, our high-wage folks. So they haven’t had a raise in two and a half years, and that’s appropriate, because a lot of ordinary folks out there haven’t, either. In fact, they’ve seen their pay cut in some cases.

Lying Peckerwood
[Image: Barack_Obama_Pinnochio_Nose_Lies_25.png]
He recently lifted the pay freeze I believe. Never said they were permanent.
(07-27-2011, 12:49 PM)Red White and Blue Wrote: So was Obama lying when he recently said this earlier this month?:

Quote: But what I can do is to speak out forcefully for the principle that we can make these adjustments that are necessary during these difficult fiscal times, but do it in a way that preserves collective bargaining rights. And certainly at the federal level where I do have influence, I can make sure that we make these adjustments without affecting people’s collective bargaining rights.

I’ll give you just one example. We froze federal pay for federal workers for two years. Now, that wasn’t real popular, as you might imagine, among federal workers. On the other hand, we were able to do that precisely because we wanted to prevent layoffs and we wanted to make sure that we sent a signal that everybody is going to have to make some sacrifices, including federal workers.

By the way, people who work in the White House, they’ve had their pay frozen since I came in, our high-wage folks. So they haven’t had a raise in two and a half years, and that’s appropriate, because a lot of ordinary folks out there haven’t, either. In fact, they’ve seen their pay cut in some cases.

Lying Peckerwood

He didn't exactly lie, just told another half truth. I guess moving from an average wage to a higher wage isn't considered a high wage.