"The Personification of Courage:
Quote:[Image: alg_gifford_house.jpg]

As if there weren't enough drama swirling around the debt vote, Rep. Gabby Giffords made a surprise appearance on the floor - and brought down the House.

The entire chamber rose to its feet - including the galleries - in a lengthy and bipartisan standing ovation.

Afterwards, her colleagues clustered around, clapping, reaching out for hugs. The moment overshadowed the actual 269-161 passage of the bill.

Giffords voted aye.

"I had to be here for this vote. I could not take the chance that my absence could crash our economy," Giffords, who still has trouble talking, said in a statement.

"I am honored to be at work tonight," she said on Twitter.

Lawmakers had tears in their eyes when they saw her, looking thin and drawn, but smiling broadly.

Her bravery seemed like an antidote to the poisonous and petty political shenanigans of the last week.

Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi called Giffords "the personification of courage."

"Her presence today, as well as her entire service in Congress, brings honor to this chamber," Pelosi said. "We are priviledged to call her a colleague."

Vice President Joe Biden, a brain aneurysm survivor, greeted her on the House floor. "I told her she's now a member of the cracked head club like me," he said.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics...z1TpPkvvsG
Wonderful news!!! I am so glad she is getting better every day!!
(08-01-2011, 05:52 PM)Crone Wrote: Snip...

Nice post Ms. Crone.

PS: Look forward to your ever changing avatar. You have more energy than most.
And: If you feel comfortable doing so, could you let us in on what "Crone" means. (I'm sure everyone else on the planet knows, but...)

Ah, Wonky...you flatter me and make me smile, but let's try to keep in on Gabby for a while, k? (smooooooooooch)

[Image: alg_gifford_house.jpg]

(08-01-2011, 06:11 PM)Crone Wrote: Ah, Wonky...you flatter me and make me smile, but let's try to keep in on Gabby for a while, k? (smooooooooooch)

[Image: alg_gifford_house.jpg]

Indeed! She merits our good attention! Something we can see as positive from a tragic event, and seems positive given recent events. Gabby, we send good thoughts!

Nothing more than political theater. If she had been a republican the question would have been asked if she was competent to casting her vote.

But I'm glad she is doing better.

Quote:ABC News' Jonathan Karl and Sunlen Miller report:

Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, D-Ariz., returned to Congress tonight for the first time since being shot in the head in January, casting a vote in support of the compromise debt ceiling bill.

"Gabrielle has returned to Washington to support a bipartisan bill to prevent economic crisis," read a message posted to Giffords' Twitter account while members began casting their votes on the House floor.

Minutes later, Giffords slowly entered the chamber to loud, sustained applause and a standing ovation by her colleagues, who huddled around her to give hugs, kisses and handshakes.

Vice President Joe Biden, with a big smile on his face, walked to the House floor and said, "I came to see Gabby, that's why I'm here."

...When Biden was asked about what he spoke with Giffords about, he joked, "She's now a member of the cracked head club like me."
With a Pub, it's not usually their competence that's first called into question.
(08-02-2011, 12:10 PM)illcommandante Wrote: With a Pub, it's not usually their competence that's first called into question.

Then what is? Their sanity? Wink Laughing
I don't know what Illc intended, but that pretty much only leaves incompetence, doesn't it? Smiling
(08-02-2011, 01:55 PM)PonderThis Wrote: I don't know what Illc intended, but that pretty much only leaves incompetence, doesn't it? Smiling

Well our VP called the repubs terrorists yesterday. I guess it's the new civility that Obama called for after the Giffords shooting and all the rhetoric that followed.

[Image: biden.jpg?w=450&h=300]
Pat Buchanan just called the president of the United States "YOUR BOY".
(08-02-2011, 04:31 PM)Crone Wrote: Pat Buchanan just called the president of the United States "YOUR BOY".

Buchanan is a moron....by rationalism, that makes our VP a moron.
(08-02-2011, 04:38 PM)Snowlover Wrote:
(08-02-2011, 04:31 PM)Crone Wrote: Pat Buchanan just called the president of the United States "YOUR BOY".

Buchanan is a moron....by rationalism, that makes our VP a moron.

I guess would could go back and look what the "civil" libs, which include politicians, liberal talking heads and the media, have called the republicans in general and the Tea Party members in particular, in Congress the last several weeks. The list includes names such as suicide bombers, Taliban, Hezbollah, the devil, tyrants, arsonists, extortionists, kidnappers, teabaggers, monsters, holding a gun to the head of America (that was 0bama's gem), wanting to blow up the economy, etc, etc, etc.

All because those wily republicans want to stop the madness. Stop the reckless spending. Shame on them. Happy

(08-02-2011, 04:16 PM)Red White and Blue Wrote: Well our VP called the repubs terrorists yesterday. I guess it's the new civility that Obama called for after the Giffords shooting and all the rhetoric that followed.

No dilettantes where hypocrisy is concerned, Tea Partiers are angry at Vice President Joe Biden for allegedly calling them Tea Party “terrorists.” We all remember how during President George W. Bush’s administration all of us who disagreed with his wars or his treatment of prisoners were called terrorists or terrorist sympathizers, traitors, and worse. Not because we advocated against America but because we advocated against President Bush’s policies.

We are still called terrorists and terrorist sympathizers if we disagree with the anti-Islamic hard-line Tea Partiers and Republicans, and with great regularity.

This particular outrage supposedly happened while Biden was meeting with House Democrats. FOX News is all over a Politico report that “a senior Democratic official told Fox News that Biden made such comments in reaction to a heated conversation with liberal House members like Rep. Mike Doyle, D-Pa, who were venting that Republicans got too much out of the debt ceiling deal unveiled the night before.

“They have acted like terrorists,” Biden was said to have responded.

Biden told CBS News anchor Scott Pelley in an interview that aired Monday night that he said no such thing

“What happened was there were some people who said they felt like they were being held hostage by terrorists,” Biden said. “I never said that they were terrorists or weren’t terrorists, I just let them vent.”

His office said that though “the word was used by several members of Congress…the vice president does not believe it’s an appropriate term in political discourse.”

What is important is less what Biden may or may not have said but the hypocrisy of the Tea Party outrage. We all know by now that they feel no Democratic government can be legitimate. They’ve made that clear repeatedly and in vociferous terms. We also know that they feel freedom of religion and freedom of speech are one-way streets that apply only to them. They’re free to say anything they wish but we’re not free to disagree; we’re not even free to be offended.

As CBS News reports, Ms. Hypocrisy herself got upset:
And in a Monday night appearance on Fox News, former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin said it was “vile” to use the word terrorist in reference to politicians who were “taking a stand.”

“We’re getting kind of used to being called names. You know, racists and inciters of violence, and being accused with things we have nothing to do with,” Palin told Fox News’ Greta Van Susteren. “But I suppose it’s a bit more appalling to have been called acting like terrorists today from he who is in second in command of the most powerful office in the world. It’s quite appalling and cert proves how out of touch this White House is what it comes to realizing what the silent majority of Americans are seeing and feeling.”

And here CBS needs to be thanked for showing some journalistic integrity and fact-checking:

(Incidentally, Palin has lobbed the “terrorist” claim against her own political opponents in the past: In 2008, she accused President Obama — then the democratic nominee for president — of “palling around” with terrorists. Palin was referring in her comments to William Ayers, a former member of the radical Weathermen group, who served on education boards with Mr. Obama in Chicago. But reports indicated that Mr. Obama and Ayers were not close.)

They can call liberals and progressives the most awful things imaginable and without any supporting evidence at all and it’s all well and fine. FOX News reports on the response of one lawmaker in particular:

The comment drew an immediate rebuke from Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., one of the most outspoken Tea Party-aligned lawmakers in Congress.

“With the president holding the American economy hostage, I would prefer to think of myself as a Freedom Fighter,” Paul said in a statement, calling the remarks “insulting.”

Freedom fighter? Hostage taker? Who takes hostages? Terrorists of course. So while expressing outrage at being called a terrorist, Rand Paul is calling the President of the United States…a terrorist.

http://www.politicususa.com/en/tea-party-terrorism

(08-02-2011, 05:03 PM)Crone Wrote:
(08-02-2011, 04:16 PM)Red White and Blue Wrote: Well our VP called the repubs terrorists yesterday. I guess it's the new civility that Obama called for after the Giffords shooting and all the rhetoric that followed.

No dilettantes where hypocrisy is concerned, Tea Partiers are angry at Vice President Joe Biden for allegedly calling them Tea Party “terrorists.” We all remember how during President George W. Bush’s administration all of us who disagreed with his wars or his treatment of prisoners were called terrorists or terrorist sympathizers, traitors, and worse. Not because we advocated against America but because we advocated against President Bush’s policies.

We are still called terrorists and terrorist sympathizers if we disagree with the anti-Islamic hard-line Tea Partiers and Republicans, and with great regularity.

This particular outrage supposedly happened while Biden was meeting with House Democrats. FOX News is all over a Politico report that “a senior Democratic official told Fox News that Biden made such comments in reaction to a heated conversation with liberal House members like Rep. Mike Doyle, D-Pa, who were venting that Republicans got too much out of the debt ceiling deal unveiled the night before.

“They have acted like terrorists,” Biden was said to have responded.

Biden told CBS News anchor Scott Pelley in an interview that aired Monday night that he said no such thing

“What happened was there were some people who said they felt like they were being held hostage by terrorists,” Biden said. “I never said that they were terrorists or weren’t terrorists, I just let them vent.”

His office said that though “the word was used by several members of Congress…the vice president does not believe it’s an appropriate term in political discourse.”

What is important is less what Biden may or may not have said but the hypocrisy of the Tea Party outrage. We all know by now that they feel no Democratic government can be legitimate. They’ve made that clear repeatedly and in vociferous terms. We also know that they feel freedom of religion and freedom of speech are one-way streets that apply only to them. They’re free to say anything they wish but we’re not free to disagree; we’re not even free to be offended.

As CBS News reports, Ms. Hypocrisy herself got upset:
And in a Monday night appearance on Fox News, former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin said it was “vile” to use the word terrorist in reference to politicians who were “taking a stand.”

“We’re getting kind of used to being called names. You know, racists and inciters of violence, and being accused with things we have nothing to do with,” Palin told Fox News’ Greta Van Susteren. “But I suppose it’s a bit more appalling to have been called acting like terrorists today from he who is in second in command of the most powerful office in the world. It’s quite appalling and cert proves how out of touch this White House is what it comes to realizing what the silent majority of Americans are seeing and feeling.”

And here CBS needs to be thanked for showing some journalistic integrity and fact-checking:

(Incidentally, Palin has lobbed the “terrorist” claim against her own political opponents in the past: In 2008, she accused President Obama — then the democratic nominee for president — of “palling around” with terrorists. Palin was referring in her comments to William Ayers, a former member of the radical Weathermen group, who served on education boards with Mr. Obama in Chicago. But reports indicated that Mr. Obama and Ayers were not close.)

They can call liberals and progressives the most awful things imaginable and without any supporting evidence at all and it’s all well and fine. FOX News reports on the response of one lawmaker in particular:

The comment drew an immediate rebuke from Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., one of the most outspoken Tea Party-aligned lawmakers in Congress.

“With the president holding the American economy hostage, I would prefer to think of myself as a Freedom Fighter,” Paul said in a statement, calling the remarks “insulting.”

Freedom fighter? Hostage taker? Who takes hostages? Terrorists of course. So while expressing outrage at being called a terrorist, Rand Paul is calling the President of the United States…a terrorist.

http://www.politicususa.com/en/tea-party-terrorism

Biden was just following Barry's lead. Remember Barry talking to a Hispanic group where he called his critics "the enemy". Yep. Biden was just following his boss' lead.

Quote: Vice President Joe Biden joined House Democrats in lashing tea party Republicans Monday, accusing them of having “acted like terrorists” in the fight over raising the nation’s debt limit, according to several sources in the room.

Biden was agreeing with a line of argument made by Rep. Mike Doyle (D-Pa.) at a two-hour, closed-door Democratic Caucus meeting.

“We have negotiated with terrorists,” an angry Doyle said, according to sources in the room. “This small group of terrorists have made it impossible to spend any money.”

Quote:It is New York Times columnists:

You know what they say: Never negotiate with terrorists. It only encourages them.

These last few months, much of the country has watched in horror as the Tea Party Republicans have waged jihad on the American people. Their intransigent demands for deep spending cuts, coupled with their almost gleeful willingness to destroy one of America’s most invaluable assets, its full faith and credit, were incredibly irresponsible. But they didn’t care. Their goal, they believed, was worth blowing up the country for, if that’s what it took.

Quote:It’s MSNBC host Chris Matthews, who not only referred to conservatives as “terrorists, but also as “wahhabis of American government.”

In fact, referencing terrorists, or Osama bin Laden, or al-Qaeda when describing conservatives who decided to put their foot down and demand a change in how Washington works — this done in order to save the country from a fate worse than default in a few years — has been the du jour pastime among Democrats of all levels. “Hostage takers” is another bric-a-brac tossed around when describing Republicans as well.
http://pajamasmedia.com/tatler/2011/08/0...errorists/

This woman no longer belongs in politics. And if Justice is served well there will be plenty more assassination attempts. Obama and his crew are no better than Ghadafiis game. I hope Dc gets shot up lilke Tripoli Amen and fuck DC. And an extra bullet to Rahm Emanue'ls thug cranium. The Zionoists say worse than I just did. Fuck the system. Let the blood flow in large amounts. YH 616 Let hell on earth finish the job.
The only thought I can add to the discussion is to !Kill The Rich!
(08-02-2011, 06:44 PM)illcommandante Wrote: The only thought I can add to the discussion is to !Kill The Rich!

[Image: eat-the-rich1.jpg]
The only problem with this sentiment is, on a world scale, just about everyone of us is filthy rich beyond all imagination. Does this mean most Americans should be killed, or would you be content if they just cut back a little?