The giant flea market
(08-03-2011, 07:23 PM)illcommandante Wrote: Mostly, it's baby clothes. But, here and there, you find a jackpot, you have to pick your way out of. I found all the Snap-On, in the bottom of the boxes at the last auction. There were eighty people who should have done what I did. But, everyone saw the figurines, and I got them for nothing, too? The Courier sale produced a nice red Coleman, so I wasted my time going back for the next four years. Dovetailed pine might mean "Shaker". That happens more often than you'd imagine. I have bic razors for the next century. And, I'm stylin' in some dead guy's fruity looking loafers. Does it get any better than this?

LOL
No, it doesn't get much better, illcomandante! Laughing

I always hear these stories about digging through the boxes; I don't have the patience most of the time.

My friend was going through a box at a yard sale and found this cute little glass car. She bought it, brought it home and sat it on a shelf somewhere.

One day, out of curiosity, she posted it on EBay, the thing ended up selling for something like $800. It turned out to be a little glass car they used to sell candy in and was quite rare and quite the collector's item. Go figure.

I'm grooving on those fruity loafers...can you post a photo? Big Grin

Are you like those Ivy League guys that wear them without socks? Wink
(08-02-2011, 09:29 PM)Yeshuah Hamashiach Wrote: I am interested in the Medford giant flea market. I would like to have taste the flavor via pics. If anyone is willing to go there I would appreciate pics. I know BBQ sells there perhaps he would help put together an album of the great sites of the phenom. Perhaps Simon Peter can help out.Thanks. YH6161 Smiling

ConfusedIt's really nothing. Not even giant. Certainly not a phenom. By standards of other places with flea markets it's really sort of a yawn.
But it is oh so different than down here. Give me O2Laughing
[Image: crowd.jpg]

That shot is about the entire place, just missing the walls on the edges. Not much too it.
I thought we really had him going. Smiling
Picked: One Spears Jackson split nut panel saw, One Geen Coleman with a STRYKER!!!, 5 CDs (One, Texas Tornados), one white fir handle for a felling axe, and a fifty year old parts washer that's as big as an old Coke machine. Total...36 Bucks. Value? We'll find out at The Big Y on Saturday. But, the CDs and the parts washer are my treasures for the day. The Coleman should take us out to dinner a couple of times. The saw, four, or five times. The axe handle gets a double bit head that shines like mercury (For a little while). I may get to pay some taxes.
unfortunately, I have to be there and won't be taking any pics.
Say Hi TO BBQ
(08-04-2011, 03:36 PM)Simon Peter Wrote: unfortunately, I have to be there and won't be taking any pics.

really? Which pussy-whipped guy are you? I have a few in mind you could be.
Hilarious.
Southern Oregon is about to become one big yard sale. No money. No safety net. This is how they'll get back in the forests. First, they had to take charity their captive.