Scrapper, You Are So Right!
Patty Pan Squash is awesome!
I can't believe I've never had it before.
I just steamed it and added salt, pepper and some butter...next time I think I'll be sauteing in olive oil with some fresh garlic and, hmmmm, rosemary? Basil?
(08-05-2011, 10:07 PM)Crone Wrote: Patty Pan Squash is awesome!
I can't believe I've never had it before.
I just steamed it and added salt, pepper and some butter...next time I think I'll be sauteing in olive oil with some fresh garlic and, hmmmm, rosemary? Basil?

I wouldn't steer you wrong, doll! Wink

I cut 'em in 4ths (or 8ths - depending on size... I prefer the Patty Pans on the smaller size... about 4" diameter) and steam 'em. I like them a tad bit firm. We use some salt, pepper and the no fat spray butter. Yummy!

Glad you liked 'em! I am growing my own. Can't wait to actually eat some! Smiling
They're like a blank canvas for different flavors...

(researching different recipes)
One thing our boys love with the smaller squashes- like pattypan, zuchs and crooknecks- is to cut them into 1/2 inchish chunks and then bread them in panko bread crumbs and parmasan cheese with some italian seasoning and give them a quick pan fry in olive oil until golden brown. They will just inhale those suckers. Not the most healthy, but a neat treat.

Sometimes we'll also fry up some ravioli at the same time, same method, throw out some marinara for dipping and call it dinner.
(08-06-2011, 07:54 AM)reelo Wrote: One thing our boys love with the smaller squashes- like pattypan, zuchs and crooknecks- is to cut them into 1/2 inchish chunks and then bread them in panko bread crumbs and parmasan cheese with some italian seasoning and give them a quick pan fry in olive oil until golden brown. They will just inhale those suckers. Not the most healthy, but a neat treat.

Sometimes we'll also fry up some ravioli at the same time, same method, throw out some marinara for dipping and call it dinner.

Sounds tasty, reelo! Thanks for the ideas! Smiling
(08-06-2011, 07:54 AM)reelo Wrote: One thing our boys love with the smaller squashes- like pattypan, zuchs and crooknecks- is to cut them into 1/2 inchish chunks and then bread them in panko bread crumbs and parmasan cheese with some italian seasoning and give them a quick pan fry in olive oil until golden brown. They will just inhale those suckers. Not the most healthy, but a neat treat.

I s'pose you could bake 'em with the coating.
squash sucks.Ninja
If I had batteries in the camera, I'd take some pictures of the patty pan. And others.
take the ones out of the vibrator.
They take AA batteries?
ni-cads, but alkalines are OK.
And now I am stuck with visions of Sister Colette in high school showing us how to apply prophylaxis on a zuchini-- thanks for that.

(08-06-2011, 02:33 PM)bbqboy Wrote: take the ones out of the vibrator.

You are such an ass.
(08-06-2011, 03:01 PM)Tiamat Wrote:

You are such an ass.
that's why you love me.Razz
Is zeke still gone?
(08-06-2011, 02:35 PM)PonderThis Wrote: They take AA batteries?

Heavy duty ones take "D"
(08-06-2011, 03:09 PM)bbqboy Wrote:
(08-06-2011, 03:01 PM)Tiamat Wrote:

You are such an ass.
that's why you love me.Razz
Is zeke still gone?

Only when I'm around you. Dry He's due back.