Can this be true?
This post was on craigslist.I would assume the military would pay for all this, no?

in need of 1400.00 (medford)
Date: 2011-08-08, 7:57PM PDT
Reply to: sale-ha8js-2537233323@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
my friend just passed away and need 1400.00 to finsh paying his for his coffen to return home so we can berry him he was in the army in afgenstain coming back to medford by plane that y 1400.00 please any thing help right now cash i will even work for the money 5417789257
(08-08-2011, 08:59 PM)tvguy Wrote: This post was on craigslist.I would assume the military would pay for all this, no?

my friend just passed away and need 1400.00 to finsh paying his for his coffen to return home so we can berry him he was in the army in afgenstain coming back to medford by plane that y 1400.00 please any thing help right now cash i will even work for the money 5417789257
Looks to me like "Someone" is collecting donations for the next run for commissioner. Smiling
shouldn't this be in your "oafs of the rogue valley I've made fun of" thread?
(08-08-2011, 08:59 PM)tvguy Wrote: This post was on craigslist.I would assume the military would pay for all this, no?

I've emailed my son, an officer in the USAF, to get you a direct answer.
I understand it's a troubling thought. Sad
My guess is that the link in Craigslist will lead you directly to Nigeria.

The US Govt. still pays for veterans burials as far as I know.
Thanks Crone and Imaham. I think you are probably correct that it's a scam.

Quote:shouldn't this be in your "oafs of the rogue valley I've made fun of" thread?

Yes it could be in my thread about ignorance and bizarre or illiterate posts on Craigslist. I should bump that back up, I still see some funny stuff on CL every day and Yes Cletus Grants Pass still rules Laughing
So they want to berry him?
I wonder if it's blackberry or strawberry
(08-08-2011, 11:02 PM)chuck white Wrote: So they want to berry him?

Maybe the berries caused the afgenstainRazz
(08-08-2011, 11:08 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-08-2011, 11:02 PM)chuck white Wrote: So they want to berry him?

Maybe the berries caused the afgenstainRazz

LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing
I had a sixteen year old looking girl knock on my door today. She had a two or three year old in tow. She gave me some story about collecting cans for her sister who was raising money for a trip to Italy and then threw in some story about her sister's boyfriend was killed in the helicopter in Afganistan.

I might have bought the story if she hadn't thrown in the Afganistan part. Plus I remember he as she and the kid stopped by about a week after I moved in saying she was helping her sister raise money for her sister to go to cheerleading camp.

I didn't give her money the first time and I didn't give her cans this time. But now I know her to be a scammer. Her mother was cruising behind her in a minivan. To bad she puts her kids up to lying.

As to TV's question, this is a scam as the military pays all expenses related to returning the soldier home and burial
(08-09-2011, 07:01 PM)Snowlover Wrote: I had a sixteen year old looking girl knock on my door today. She had a two or three year old in tow. She gave me some story about collecting cans for her sister who was raising money for a trip to Italy and then threw in some story about her sister's boyfriend was killed in the helicopter in Afganistan.

I might have bought the story if she hadn't thrown in the Afganistan part. Plus I remember he as she and the kid stopped by about a week after I moved in saying she was helping her sister raise money for her sister to go to cheerleading camp.

I didn't give her money the first time and I didn't give her cans this time. But now I know her to be a scammer. Her mother was cruising behind her in a minivan. To bad she puts her kids up to lying.

As to TV's question, this is a scam as the military pays all expenses related to returning the soldier home and burial
Has anyone knocked on your door that wasn't a scammer?
I don't have a door.
(08-08-2011, 10:52 PM)tvguy Wrote: Thanks Crone and Imaham. I think you are probably correct that it's a scam.

Quote:shouldn't this be in your "oafs of the rogue valley I've made fun of" thread?

Yes it could be in my thread about ignorance and bizarre or illiterate posts on Craigslist. I should bump that back up, I still see some funny stuff on CL every day and Yes Cletus Grants Pass still rules Laughing
Are you sure? White City and Central Point have a lot of urban hillbillies. But then, many people in those cities don't know how to use computers yet. Big Grin

Quote:air hockey table with 4 paddles and pucks works geart 5417789257 nothing worg with it i am selling due to that my wife is pegnet
http://www.market4free.com/classifieds/a...s/37936290

Quote:nentendo ds lite it is red
no charger but u can buy a charger at a game store for 10.00 50.00 5417789257
ps2 slim black all hook ups and 1 cortorller 1 8mb memeycard50.00
http://www.rpgreseller.com/ps2-273/nente...78896.html

I'm personally shocked that this clown is able to operate a computer. His spelling makes WF look like the national Spelling Bee Champeen........

New words that I am a fan of:

pegnet
nentendo
memey
cortorller

(08-09-2011, 07:01 PM)Snowlover Wrote: I had a sixteen year old looking girl knock on my door today. She had a two or three year old in tow. She gave me some story about collecting cans for her sister who was raising money for a trip to Italy and then threw in some story about her sister's boyfriend was killed in the helicopter in Afganistan.

I would be tempted to report this to the authorities since it has happened more than once...if her mother is having her do this, DHS should look into it and stop the cycle before the girl gets a 'rap' sheet a mile long...I bet her mother has one.
I'm collecting for the wife of the unknown soilder
BeerMe is cracking me up! Laughing Laughing
(08-09-2011, 09:54 PM)cletus1 Wrote:

Has anyone knocked on your door that wasn't a scammer?

Yes, this is a family neighborhood and I have kids selliing Girl Scout cookies etc but they have information with them etc. Normally I would have given my cans to a charity but I had just taken a bunch to work because we save all the can money and use it to support Christmas families.

(08-09-2011, 11:12 PM)broadzilla Wrote:

I would be tempted to report this to the authorities since it has happened more than once...if her mother is having her do this, DHS should look into it and stop the cycle before the girl gets a 'rap' sheet a mile long...I bet her mother has one.

I didn't think of that until I called my sister down the street to ask if she had been hit up for cans. My niece was the one asked and said no to her. She mentioned that I should have called the police about ii. Next time I will. The mom shouldn't be using her kids like that.
Quote:house for sale
house with big back yard with a shed 7000 dollers i lost the house key in the move as is muti clorols rooms a hole in one wall a closet door off track and grage light flashes and grage door off track and a stin on carpert i moved and dont have time to fix it i can show the house 5417789257(EMAIL: hous-4xnqq-2532228719@craigslist.org )

http://www.prop2go.com/SearchApartmentRe...n&p=0&s=25

Boy is his landlord going to be upset Ninja
Are you getting all this Josh? Big Grin