Us vs. Them ...Clearing the air
(08-09-2011, 03:22 PM)bbqboy Wrote: a bit?

A bit.
(08-09-2011, 05:53 PM)Wonky Wrote:
(08-09-2011, 05:01 PM)Scrapper Wrote: Tia... Thank you so much for your comment! I get the feeling you're a good egg.

(08-09-2011, 03:57 PM)Crone Wrote: There's some really good folks here Smiling

I agree 100%! Smiling

(08-09-2011, 03:57 PM)Crone Wrote: I love it when folks give good hug. Big Grin

And FYI... Crone is like the World's BEST hugger! Thumbs Up

Well that's how much YOU guys know! Tia is a rattlesnake, disguised as a alligator, in a ape suit, pretending to be a sweet little tweety bird. She ate her first husband with Fave beans, shot the 2nd one five times in the foot, and she has almost "used up" the guy she is seeing now.
Halloween she steals candy from kids. The tiny ones.
She attends church to TAKE money from the collection plate.
Some women cry at weddings. Tia cries at yard sales.

And she wears hats. No one knows why.

She is however cute as a bugs ear, with a delightful smile and can charm you right out of your socks. She is an avid reader of "serious" stuff.

Just don't loan her any money. Razz

There was a time when I was the singular target for Wonky's 'disclosures'. Now it's more egaligarian.WinkSmilingSmiling
(08-09-2011, 09:30 PM)Tiamat Wrote: There was a time when I was the singular target for Wonky's 'disclosures'. Now it's more egaligarian.WinkSmilingSmiling

I take hope from your tone.....Wink Laughing
It WILL get better. Big Grin

(08-09-2011, 09:35 PM)Crone Wrote:
(08-09-2011, 09:30 PM)Tiamat Wrote: There was a time when I was the singular target for Wonky's 'disclosures'. Now it's more egaligarian.WinkSmilingSmiling

I take hope from your tone.....Wink Laughing
It WILL get better. Big Grin

Well, I misspelled egalitarian, apparently. I see it as a good sign that Wonky can spread his talents.Smiling
(08-09-2011, 09:37 PM)Tiamat Wrote: I see it as a good sign that Wonky can spread his talents.Smiling

Talents being in the eye of the beholder...... Wink Laughing
Or is that talons.
(08-09-2011, 09:30 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(08-09-2011, 05:01 PM)Scrapper Wrote: Tia... Thank you so much for your comment! I get the feeling you're a good egg.

I agree 100%! Smiling

Well that's how much YOU guys know! Tia is a rattlesnake, disguised as a alligator, in a ape suit, pretending to be a sweet little tweety bird. She ate her first husband with Fave beans, shot the 2nd one five times in the foot, and she has almost "used up" the guy she is seeing now.

She is however cute as a bugs ear, with a delightful smile and can charm you right out of your socks. She is an avid reader of "serious" stuff.

There was a time when I was the singular target for Wonky's 'disclosures'. Now it's more egaligarian.WinkSmilingSmiling

Come on Tia! You must know it was my attempt (however feeble) at humor, and I love you like a sister. (The one I can't stand. Razz) See, I just can't help it. Think about it: I have always given you your due, defended you at times, and love your hats. But, I'll play it straight up from here on in and stop with the satire.
(08-10-2011, 09:15 AM)Wonky Wrote:
(08-09-2011, 09:30 PM)Tiamat Wrote:

I agree 100%! Smiling

Come on Tia! You must know it was my attempt (however feeble) at humor, and I love you like a sister. (The one I can't stand. Razz) See, I just can't help it. Think about it: I have always given you your due, defended you at times, and love your hats. But, I'll play it straight up from here on in and stop with the satire.

Good God! What in the world would possess you to do that!?
Back to "The real natives". We rolled into Oregon with the mattress strapped to the top of The Model A, and one wheel welded on permanently. Accross the bridge over The Umpqua, with the "KIGY" (Klansmamn I greet You) banner on it. Safe at last.
(08-11-2011, 06:30 AM)illcommandante Wrote: Back to "The real natives". We rolled into Oregon with the mattress strapped to the top of The Model A, and one wheel welded on permanently. Accross the bridge over The Umpqua, with the "KIGY" (Klansmamn I greet You) banner on it. Safe at last.

A good example of what too much Acid can do.

I can't possibly imagine why you say that, Wonky. I know my family came to Oregon during the depression years driving a similar beater car (in a story that sounded remarkably like out of The Grapes of Wrath, I think the story included stopping along the road and fixing a tie rod with barbed wire from a nearby fence along the way), I wish I still had my grandmother around to relisten to some of these stories. I've often heard Illc mention that clan banner hanging over the Umpqua at Roseburg, too. It doesn't seem right to infer these experiences are all the result of acid, and it kind of disparages his work, too.
maybe wonky meant his own experiences with acid. or maybe he's a klansman and took personal offense.
Maybe. Here's a google link for "Klansman I greet you", in case anyone doubts the historical accuracy on this one: http://www.google.com/search?q=%22klansm...20&bih=642
(08-11-2011, 08:21 AM)PonderThis Wrote: Maybe. Here's a google link for "Klansman I greet you", in case anyone doubts the historical accuracy on this one: http://www.google.com/search?q=%22klansm...20&bih=642

Nope. Never did Acid...or any "hard" drugs.
And the KKK would not let me in. I didn't chew.

My comment to Ill/c was meant to say, "Hey, you don't need to pay attention to the Topic subject. After all, you are special".

(08-11-2011, 08:21 AM)PonderThis Wrote: Maybe. Here's a google link for "Klansman I greet you", in case anyone doubts the historical accuracy on this one: http://www.google.com/search?q=%22klansm...20&bih=642
I was about to do some work, but your KIGY had me reading the damn Internet.Wink
Here is some Anaheim California history, an excerpt:

After World War 1, the heavily German character of Anaheim gave way to the influence of newer arrivals from the Midwest, who tended to be Protestant and conservative and evangelical about their faith. Reverend Leon L. Myers -- pastor of the Anaheim Christian Church and founder of the local Men's Bible Club -- turned the Ku Klux Klan into one of the most powerful organizations in town. During the early 1920s, the Klan ran Anaheims leading daily newspaper, controlled the city government for a year, and posted signs on the outskirts of the city greeting newcomers with the acronym "KIGY" (Klansmen I Greet You).

(08-11-2011, 08:44 AM)cletus1 Wrote:
I was about to do some work, but your KIGY had me reading the damn Internet.Wink
Here is some Anaheim California history, an excerpt:

After World War 1, the heavily German character of Anaheim gave way to the influence of newer arrivals from the Midwest, who tended to be Protestant and conservative and evangelical about their faith. Reverend Leon L. Myers -- pastor of the Anaheim Christian Church and founder of the local Men's Bible Club -- turned the Ku Klux Klan into one of the most powerful organizations in town. During the early 1920s, the Klan ran Anaheims leading daily newspaper, controlled the city government for a year, and posted signs on the outskirts of the city greeting newcomers with the acronym "KIGY" (Klansmen I Greet You).

They are still with us.
They just don't wear sheets, talk in code, and have stopped eating raccoon stew.
You can spot them by that silly grin and the gravy on the front of their shirt.
(08-11-2011, 08:40 AM)Wonky Wrote:

Nope. Never did Acid...or any "hard" drugs.
And the KKK would not let me in. I didn't chew.

My comment to Ill/c was meant to say, "Hey, you don't need to pay attention to the Topic subject. After all, you are special".

I suppose we'd all like to think we're special in our own ways (and, at least many of us are), but the story of human existence seems to be a continual version of "us vs. them". I don't see how that's changed any, or that Illc's post wasn't in keeping with the topic in an artisticly acceptable way, either.

Perhaps one of the reasons I don't care much what direction a thread morphs into either. Topic purity doesn't mean any more to me than racial purity does. Smiling