Us vs. Them ...Clearing the air
Scrapper, and others have mentioned from time to time that the "newbies" are somehow being ignored by the more seasoned members here.

No so. (From my vantage point, at least)

It's obvious that those here with a longer history together would have a different kind of connection. To suggest otherwise is to be unaware of simple social interaction.

I hope we can put this aside once and for all. Those of us who have had years of connection here may very well reference things that are unfamiliar to the newer members. And in time, the "newbies" will be the more senior members and others will be the "newbies". And so it goes.

(08-09-2011, 06:41 AM)Wonky Wrote: Scrapper, and others have mentioned from time to time that the "newbies" are somehow being ignored by the more seasoned members here.

It's obvious that those here with a longer history together would have a different kind of connection. To suggest otherwise is to be unaware of simple social interaction.

I hope we can put this aside once and for all. Those of us who have had years of connection here may very well reference things that are unfamiliar to the newer members. And in time, the "newbies" will be the more senior members and others will be the "newbies". And so it goes.

I like to think myself an equal opportunity "ignorer."

(08-09-2011, 06:41 AM)Wonky Wrote: Scrapper, and others have mentioned from time to time that the "newbies" are somehow being ignored by the more seasoned members here.

Good Gawd, dude. Do NOT put words in my mouth!
I have NEVER said THAT! Dry
Ignored? No. Put down? Yes. Put in our place? Absolutely.
It's kind of like, no matter how long you live in Oregon, you will never be a native to the real natives. There's no winning this one.

Well, one way maybe. You could lie. Tell them you've always been a forum member from day one (B.C.) and you only changed your name for anonymity. You were born in Oregon too weren't you? Smiling
Human nature.
I like newbies. Especially the new newbies, because many of them are female and I like that. I like that they are vocal too, because this forum has always been a bit misogynistic in my view.
a bit?

Do not feel ignored or attacked except by one person who blatantly attacked. There are some who do attack for whatever reason but most are not attacks though can seem like it if the skin is thin.
There's some really good folks here Smiling

The ones I've met in person have all been infinitely huggable.

I love it when folks give good hug. Big Grin
Tia... Thank you so much for your comment! I get the feeling you're a good egg.

(08-09-2011, 03:57 PM)Crone Wrote: There's some really good folks here Smiling

I agree 100%! Smiling

(08-09-2011, 03:57 PM)Crone Wrote: I love it when folks give good hug. Big Grin

And FYI... Crone is like the World's BEST hugger! Thumbs Up
(08-09-2011, 05:01 PM)Scrapper Wrote: Tia... Thank you so much for your comment! I get the feeling you're a good egg.

I agree 100%! Smiling

Well that's how much YOU guys know! Tia is a rattlesnake, disguised as a alligator, in a ape suit, pretending to be a sweet little tweety bird. She ate her first husband with Fave beans, shot the 2nd one five times in the foot, and she has almost "used up" the guy she is seeing now.
Halloween she steals candy from kids. The tiny ones.
She attends church to TAKE money from the collection plate.
Some women cry at weddings. Tia cries at yard sales.

And she wears hats. No one knows why.

She is however cute as a bugs ear, with a delightful smile and can charm you right out of your socks. She is an avid reader of "serious" stuff.

Just don't loan her any money. Razz
(08-09-2011, 08:37 AM)Scrapper Wrote:

Well EXCUSE me!

(Now I can't even remember who always did that. Saturday Nite Live?)
Steve Martin. duh. Cool
(08-09-2011, 06:10 PM)Crazylace Wrote: Steve Martin. duh. Cool

Thank you. I blank out a lot. It's then I do my best thinking. Laughing

(**)
(08-09-2011, 09:48 AM)Crazylace Wrote: Human nature.

Bingo.....we have a winner. If it not us vs them in regards to oldtimers and newbies, it is us vs. them in regards to the clique and the outsiders. It is an age old battle that goes round and round every year or two. Nothing new here.
(08-09-2011, 05:53 PM)Wonky Wrote:
(08-09-2011, 05:01 PM)Scrapper Wrote: Tia... Thank you so much for your comment! I get the feeling you're a good egg.

I agree 100%! Smiling

Well that's how much YOU guys know! Tia is a rattlesnake, disguised as a alligator, in a ape suit, pretending to be a sweet little tweety bird. She ate her first husband with Fave beans, shot the 2nd one five times in the foot, and she has almost "used up" the guy she is seeing now.
Halloween she steals candy from kids. The tiny ones.
She attends church to TAKE money from the collection plate.
Some women cry at weddings. Tia cries at yard sales.

And she wears hats. No one knows why.

She is however cute as a bugs ear, with a delightful smile and can charm you right out of your socks. She is an avid reader of "serious" stuff.

Just don't loan her any money. Razz

She sounds like my kinda gal!!! Wink Big Grin Laughing
(08-09-2011, 05:56 PM)Wonky Wrote:
(08-09-2011, 08:37 AM)Scrapper Wrote:

Well EXCUSE me!

(Now I can't even remember who always did that. Saturday Nite Live?)

Steve Martin... how about this: "Jane... you ignorant slut!"
Dan Akroyd to Jane Curtin.

Roseanne RoseannaDanna? "It's always something.....

(I love hijacking Wonky's threads!)
thankfully