Search function
The search function in this place is really awful. It's impossible to search for anything. I'm trying to find the what are you reading thread, but it's not working. But it never works for anything! Same for signing back in. From time to time, I get dropped as my self and cannot sign back in. That's what happened to my "Tia" moniker. Followed all the instructions, did 14 million catchyas, reset my password a bizillion times. Can't get back in.DrySad
(08-09-2011, 02:13 PM)Tiamat Wrote: The search function in this place is really awful. It's impossible to search for anything. I'm trying to find the what are you reading thread, but it's not working. But it never works for anything! Same for signing back in. From time to time, I get dropped as my self and cannot sign back in. That's what happened to my "Tia" moniker. Followed all the instructions, did 14 million catchyas, reset my password a bizillion times. Can't get back in.DrySad

What Read Did You Most Enjoy This Year?

http://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/sh...light=read
Mmm,,,yes, Chuerta, thanks, but my point is that if you don't remember the exact title of a thread, it's very difficult to search for one. I tried several different versions of searching for that and couldn't find it. I finally have learned to search for tomatoes or zuchinni rather than look for the gardening thread. There's a few others I've had difficulty with. Plus, it's a closed thread. WTF?
(08-09-2011, 02:27 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Mmm,,,yes, Chuerta, thanks, but my point is that if you don't remember the exact title of a thread, it's very difficult to search for one. I tried several different versions of searching for that and couldn't find it. I finally have learned to search for tomatoes or zuchinni rather than look for the gardening thread. There's a few others I've had difficulty with. Plus, it's a closed thread. WTF?
I agree. This search function is lacking or I am. Smiling I find I get better results if I search in posts rather than the default threads. Look on the very bottom right to choose posts.

Display Options
Show Results as: o threads o posts
(08-09-2011, 02:27 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Mmm,,,yes, Chuerta, thanks, but my point is that if you don't remember the exact title of a thread, it's very difficult to search for one. I tried several different versions of searching for that and couldn't find it. I finally have learned to search for tomatoes or zuchinni rather than look for the gardening thread. There's a few others I've had difficulty with. Plus, it's a closed thread. WTF?

About that thread.......It is closed like you say and i have something to say there. I did not see bad things said there and do not know why it is closed. Maybe start a new one. I had to click the "search titles only" and then search for "read" when "reading" did not work.
(08-09-2011, 02:38 PM)chuerta Wrote:

About that thread.......It is closed like you say and i have something to say there. I did not see bad things said there and do not know why it is closed. Maybe start a new one. I had to click the "search titles only" and then search for "read" when "reading" did not work.

Yeah, I search threads, posts and posters also....it's still a mess.
maybe you should try searching in spanish.
(08-10-2011, 12:38 PM)bbqboy Wrote: maybe you should try searching in spanish.

Why not? The results will probably be better.
While I'm at it....did the delete feature dissapear??
(08-12-2011, 09:32 PM)Tiamat Wrote: While I'm at it....did the delete feature dissapear??

Yup.
(08-12-2011, 09:38 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(08-12-2011, 09:32 PM)Tiamat Wrote: While I'm at it....did the delete feature dissapear??

Yup.

Awwww!SadSad
(08-12-2011, 09:43 PM)Tiamat Wrote:

Yup.

Awwww!SadSad

thank your buddy ham sandwich for that.
Yes, one bad ham ruins it for the whole bunch.
(08-13-2011, 09:15 AM)bbqboy Wrote:

Yup.

Awwww!SadSad

I asked for the Red X to be disabled or made time sensitive as did some other members. Ponder was also for it. The idea that the topic starter could delete a whole thread days or weeks after it was started was disturbing. Anyway, it was a glitch in the program. Imagine an active 6 page thread that one person can delete. Not cool IMO. I am not sure, but the fix also made it so you cant delete a new topic even in the first 240 minutes.
The "fix" made it so you can't even delete a response to someone else's topic, not even within 240 minutes either.
(08-13-2011, 05:13 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(08-13-2011, 09:15 AM)bbqboy Wrote:

Yup.

Awwww!SadSad

I asked for the Red X to be disabled or made time sensitive as did some other members. Ponder was also for it. The idea that the topic starter could delete a whole thread days or weeks after it was started was disturbing. Anyway, it was a glitch in the program. Imagine an active 6 page thread that one person can delete. Not cool IMO. I am not sure, but the fix also made it so you cant delete a new topic even in the first 240 minutes.

yeah, I th ink that's what bothers me.