Abcessed tooth. (I'm always the last to know)
I had an abscessed tooth. Long story (and boring) but it became impossible to do a root canal and had to be removed.
This over a period of almost a month.
I took three separate rounds of anti infection stuff (whatever). The last was double strength super strong kill and elephant kind of stuff.

I'm find and dandy now. But, had to see my DR. about an unrelated thing this morning (why am I still so damn good looking at my age...a medical wonder) and he gave me all kinds of hell! Said I should have contacted him after the 1st round of meds didn't kill the infection. Said people can get VERY sick from this kind of thing.

So, FYI.

That will be 40 bucks. Take it to my bookkeeper, TVG. (Lives under the bridge on Table Rock Road).
Bummer, Wonky.
Sorry to hear that. I'm planning on having less teeth too. Not looking forward to it at all.
Everything about going to the dentist makes me ill. Crying
I quit seeing my parents when I realized I'd rather have root canal work done than spend time with them.
I don't know what to say about this Wonky. I'm sorry you are going through a rough stretch of road. Sad I am happy Ponder didn't post any abscessed tooth pictures though...Big Grin
[Image: si55551737.jpg]
Holy cow, had I known I could dredge up that much sympathy, I'd have posted it sooner!

Tooth gone. Feeling really great! I already have a partial and they will add a tooth to it. Had no idea an infected tooth could make one so damn grouchy. (Wife served me raw meat).

During my 3rd year in Dental School, we were told that...
HOLD IT.
I didn't go to dental school.
It's so damn hard to keep track of lies!

I now admit to being embarrassed that I even posted it. I'm sniveling about this very minor thing while some here are dealing with REAL issues.

I did however, want to pass on the info my Dr. told me: Don't treat ongoing mouth infections lightly.

Done.

Over and out.
(08-10-2011, 04:20 PM)PonderThis Wrote: I quit seeing my parents when I realized I'd rather have root canal work done than spend time with them.

We must be related. Dry

Wonk, no worries about 'sniveling'. It sounds like you were in a lot of pain. OUCH. I hate dental problems but have always been somewhat neurotic about going to the dentist and making my kids go in order to avoid potential problems. They can't be totally avoided, of course, but the sooner a problem is discovered the better off a person will be.

Glad you are on the mend!

(08-11-2011, 12:41 PM)TennisMom Wrote:
(08-10-2011, 04:20 PM)PonderThis Wrote: I quit seeing my parents when I realized I'd rather have root canal work done than spend time with them.

We must be related. Dry

Wonk, no worries about 'sniveling'. It sounds like you were in a lot of pain. OUCH. I hate dental problems but have always been somewhat neurotic about going to the dentist and making my kids go in order to avoid potential problems. They can't be totally avoided, of course, but the sooner a problem is discovered the better off a person will be.

Glad you are on the mend!

Thanks T/M. It was really not so bad. I was trolling for sympathy. Got more than I deserved.
So good to see you posting. We understand that a month in Italy with George Clooney can keep a girl away from her laptop.

You didn't miss much. Scrapper came into some money and gave us each a thousand large. Wait...were you here for that? No, guess not. Shame, that.

RWB had an Epiphany, joined the Sierra Club, the Democratic Party, and MoveOn.org. He is donating to the ACLU and sold his guns. Razz

You know: Same old stuff.