Man wins judgment against pest-control firm over gopher bombs
This story reminds me of someone telling me the story of an acquaintance that, frustrated with gophers, brought out his acetylene and oxygen tanks, filled their tunnels with gas, and lit it off. The resultant explosion blew up his sidewalks, his patio, and his backyard. Smiling http://www.registerguard.com/web/updates...t.html.csp

"A rural Cottage Grove man has obtained a $37,000 judgment against a local pest control company he sued last year, alleging that its “Caddyshack”-style approach to gopher eradication permanently damaged his hearing.

The 1980 movie ends with Bill Murray playing a frustrated golf course groundskeeper who blows up the pests’ burrows in a series of explosions timed to Tchaikovsky’s 1812 Overture. Mike Lester’s July 2010 lawsuit sought $146,000 in damages from Cynergy Pest Control and Home Inspections, saying its blasts on a neighbor’s property left him with persistent ringing in his ears.

The retired fencing contractor said this week that he accepted the Cottage Grove company’s judgement offer of $37,000 because it was enough to help defray his future hearing aid costs and because it made the payment a matter of public record."
(08-12-2011, 06:49 PM)PonderThis Wrote: This story reminds me of someone telling me the story of an acquaintance that, frustrated with gophers, brought out his acetylene and oxygen tanks, filled their tunnels with gas, and lit it off. The resultant explosion blew up his sidewalks, his patio, and his backyard. Smiling http://www.registerguard.com/web/updates...t.html.csp

"A rural Cottage Grove man has obtained a $37,000 judgment against a local pest control company he sued last year, alleging that its “Caddyshack”-style approach to gopher eradication permanently damaged his hearing.

The 1980 movie ends with Bill Murray playing a frustrated golf course groundskeeper who blows up the pests’ burrows in a series of explosions timed to Tchaikovsky’s 1812 Overture. Mike Lester’s July 2010 lawsuit sought $146,000 in damages from Cynergy Pest Control and Home Inspections, saying its blasts on a neighbor’s property left him with persistent ringing in his ears.

The retired fencing contractor said this week that he accepted the Cottage Grove company’s judgement offer of $37,000 because it was enough to help defray his future hearing aid costs and because it made the payment a matter of public record."

I've never had a problem with gophers (knock on wood)