If the bears don't get me
I'll be back later. With a report on the huckleberries (That went missing for the last two seasons). So, remember the huckleberries in your prayers. The freezer is getting real lonesome for some fresh huckleberries.
I'll remember the yellow jackets in my prayers too. Last time I went huckleberry picking I got a good dose of both. Smiling
I can't hear them buzzing. But, I can feel when I start to itch under my shirt sleeves. And then start to burn a little. And then. start to sting a lot. I'm a block down the mountain in about ten seconds. I got over thirty stings, the last season I picked. But, just the same....They're up there. Give 'em another two weeks. My regular spots looked bad, but then I found them in places where I usually don't. I'm ordering a new rake right now. This could get real good. Maybe we'll spot the camper up there...or..maybe at Diamond Lake? I can start making pies out of the last of what I hoarded three years ago. They're so acid, they'll keep forever. So, turn left at Abbott Creek, or just follow me. This is what Oregon is for!