Breaking News: FIRE I-5 @ Hwy OR99 to Rogue River
(08-18-2011, 06:00 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(08-18-2011, 05:52 PM)Larry Wrote:
(08-18-2011, 05:25 PM)Queue Wrote: Started in multiple locations.

You know what scrapper? I was responding to this post by Q. I never said that THIS fire was started intentionally, only that the possibility exists.

It's a 'Negative Nancy' that thinks the worst... and then shares it.
That is how rumors get started... and then false accusations.

This topic is local and current news. I offered an opinion to a post Queue made. You responded to me with name calling, and then continued with a negative attitude toward me when I tried to explain. In the spirit intended for this section of the forum, I will refrain from any further responses to you on this subject.
I prefer "Negative Ned".

This one looks strange. Haven't heard about a car fire a few miles up the road yet.

I5 Northbound re-opened.

https://www.facebook.com/RogueWeatherNow
One of, if not THE worst arsonists in our history was a fire captain and arson investigator.

John Leonard Orr (born April 26, 1949) is a former fire captain and arson investigator for the Glendale Fire Department in Southern California and novelist who was indicted and later convicted for serial arson. Orr had originally wanted to be a police officer, but had failed his entrance exam; instead he became a dedicated fire investigator and career fire officer. Throughout the 1980s and 1990s Los Angeles was plagued by a series of fires that cost millions of dollars in damages and claimed four lives. John Orr was found to be the cause of most of those fires

I'm not trying to prove anything but this came to my mind when I read Larry's post.

(08-18-2011, 05:41 PM)Larry Wrote:
(08-18-2011, 05:38 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(08-18-2011, 05:35 PM)Larry Wrote: The fire crews that depend on a healthy fire season for their financial year often end up creating their own.

WTH? Blink OMG. :wacko: Dry

Seriously, do you just disagree based on my name alone? My statement is correct. It is true.

You mean true as in 'it happens' or true as in 'it's true this time'?

Scrapper, I love ya, but you do tend to jump on folks without knowing their backgrounds. I'm just saying, I know what Larry meant, and didn't really take it the way you did.
(08-18-2011, 06:46 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Scrapper, I love ya, but you do tend to jump on folks without knowing their backgrounds. I'm just saying, I know what Larry meant, and didn't really take it the way you did.

Tia... That's great for you. It's nice that you know Larry and you know what Larry meant.

I don't know Larry. Others here might not know Larry either.

As I stated, it is how rumors get started... and then false accusations.
(08-18-2011, 06:18 PM)tvguy Wrote: One of, if not THE worst arsonists in our history was a fire captain and arson investigator.

John Leonard Orr (born April 26, 1949) is a former fire captain and arson investigator for the Glendale Fire Department in Southern California and novelist who was indicted and later convicted for serial arson. Orr had originally wanted to be a police officer, but had failed his entrance exam; instead he became a dedicated fire investigator and career fire officer. Throughout the 1980s and 1990s Los Angeles was plagued by a series of fires that cost millions of dollars in damages and claimed four lives. John Orr was found to be the cause of most of those fires

I'm not trying to prove anything but this came to my mind when I read Larry's post.

My uncle John on my mom's side. He was innocent! SurprisedBig Grin
(08-18-2011, 06:46 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Scrapper, I love ya, but you do tend to jump on folks without knowing their backgrounds. I'm just saying, I know what Larry meant, and didn't really take it the way you did.

It doesn't matter to me if anyone "knows" me or not. I said nothing wrong, and was attacked based upon political ideology alone.

That is what has happened to this entire place. A known Conservative is not allowed even an innocent post on any subject without someone jumping down their throat and shouting them down.

Sad really, that the "party" supposedly known for tolerance will NOT ALLOW anyone that is not within lockstep of their political opinion, to have any thoughts on subjects outside the political arena.

It shows a lack of character.

Thanks Tia. Thanks Wonky. Thanks cletus. Thanks BBQ. Thanks Broadzilla.
For the memories, for the fun, for the comraderie that even political opposites can acheive if they simply wish to do so. The harsh lines drawn by other members have eliminated the ability to reproduce the events that we have shared and enjoyed. (I apologize to the many I have left out)

I think my time here will be reduced even further at this point. Not gone, but interest in being a pinata is waning for me.
So, how's the fire? Is it out?
Obviously, they aren't setting up a timber sale here. So, more likely firemen, than timbermen.
(08-18-2011, 07:17 PM)Tiamat Wrote: So, how's the fire? Is it out?

Traffic is open on I-5 both south and north.
From RogueWeather.com:

Quote:ESTIMATING THE RIVER ROAD FIRE IN ROGUE RIVER IS ABOUT 130 ACRES. MULTIPLE STRUCTURES DID BURN. NOT SURE HOW MANY WERE HOMES. 2 AIR TANKERS WORKING THE FIRE ALONG WITH 4 HELICOPTERS. MANY ENGINES FROM STATE AND MUNICIPAL RESOURCES. FIRE IS ACTUALLY NOT GROWING THAT QUICKLY NOW SO CREWS WILL CATCH A BREAK. THEY SHOULD GET A SCRATCH LINE ON IT TONIGHT AND THEN STRENGTHEN THE LINES UP TOMORROW.
Quote:@KTVL
#RRFire UPDATE: All Firefighting Air Units are being recalled to base.
Quote:@KTVL
#RRFire UPDATE: via Jackson County, people who have or need information about the fire to call a new hotline number: 541-776-7338
The fires out, three cheers for the fireman. LaughingLaughingLaughing

Ashland man linked to one of city's worst fires released from jail

http://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/sh...p?tid=5955

Speculation is no longer allowed? We'll have one post per month, for two months ... fewer after that.

The fire isn't out Chuck. 0 containment last I checked. The air crew is called off because it is dark.Tomorrow is another day.
(08-18-2011, 09:10 PM)chuck white Wrote: Ashland man linked to one of city's worst fires released from jail

http://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/sh...p?tid=5955

Laughing - this effort would beat that one. 6 places almost simultaneously.

I would not be surprised if the cause was a vehicle traveling north which had some sort of malfunction causing sparks to be emitted, unknowingly igniting the tinder dry grass on the side of the road. Would not be the first time this has happened.