Medford Salvation Army park program to feed homeless people draws complaints
I don't suppose we'll like it if they panhandle either...: http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northw...at_ad.html

"The Salvation Army's program in a Medford park to feed homeless people has drawn the ire of city leaders who say the food giveaway draws in the wrong element.

The Salvation Army says 70 percent of the people its program serves are younger than 21.

The Medford Mail Tribune reports the city has already begun to take steps to limit food distribution programs. City staff has been asked to form recommendations that would regulate food distribution in parks.

Salvation Army spokeswoman Jackie Agee says the giveaway's clientele are polite and do not cause problems.

The city's police chief says he doesn't think the majority of those who use the food handout programs cause trouble.

Homeless people have been involved in three violent park incidents since May."
I haven't clicked on the link. Will a study be imposed to determine the impact of said homeless. Now, while I believe in the worth of helping the needy, I do have issues with the whole homeless thing in downtown right now. I live close to the Mission and things have gotten progressively worse here. We had a man on man sexual assault behind my house by two homeless people. Some very scary violent types, nicknamed the "Pirates" for the scarves they wear. Homeless people making nests to sleep in right outside back doors. A fire was started by a homeless person last week just feet from my Son's DIL's and Grandbaby's home. I'd say feeding them in Hawthorne is not as big of a problem as those coming out of the mission and just hanging out all day causing trouble. It's getting a little out of hand over here.
In fact the more I think about this, the angrier I get. They are going to get upset about the groups feeding the young homeless, but down the street, at the mission they have all sorts of people. Any criminal offender who is on probation has to have an 'address' if they don't have one, their Parole Officers tell them to use the Mission. They check on them to see if they have moved in. Many of them are sex offenders. With McLoughlin a block away and Jackson school down the street, one Sex Offender, snorted and told me: "All I need is a fishing pole and bag full of skittles when school gets out and I score." Yay! But the City is worried about the food give away at the park. The homeless at the shelter are veteran homeless. They are lifers. Homeless from the Mission line the streets every morning, hanging outside the mom and pops. They hang out all day, begging, out side the stores till they pass out. They are passed out in nooks and crannies on the sides of the streets and in alley ways all along Jackson street and by the railroad tracks. They fight on peoples lawns, in the street and snoop through peoples property looking for anything. I found a homeless tramp in my back yard a month or so ago digging through my recyclable bottles. He was bagging them up to take with him. This was on my back porch in my yard. He was completely wrecked. I doubt he could even see me. Well maybe 4 of me. I think the City is putting it's attention on the wrong problem here.
Don't they need to file an environmental impact report?
(08-18-2011, 11:06 PM)chuck white Wrote: Don't they need to file an environmental impact report?

I think they need to do an impact study or something. And while they are at it, could they turn west and conduct that study on the Mission and it's impact instead?
Well, at least it's The Salvation Army. So, we know they aren't drawing any fags to the community.
(08-19-2011, 01:21 PM)illcommandante Wrote: Well, at least it's The Salvation Army. So, we know they aren't drawing any fags to the community.

You are such a freak, thanks for that worthless idiotic comment. Well actually most of your comments are worthless and idiotic.
Tia, maybe you could start a petition and or get people to write letters to the editor. I thought the city wanted to revitalize the downtown area.
(08-19-2011, 07:03 PM)tvguy Wrote: You are such a freak, thanks for that worthless idiotic comment. Well actually most of your comments are worthless and idiotic.

You should use that as your byline. Smiling
(08-19-2011, 07:05 PM)tvguy Wrote: Tia, maybe you could start a petition and or get people to write letters to the editor. I thought the city wanted to revitalize the downtown area.

I have no faith in the system.

This man has the answer tob the homeless problem

[Image: mobile-shopping-cart-home.jpg]
The Salvation Army has ruled that gays can starve. Suppose The ASPCA took that atitude toward poodles? The faith based funds should be placed in the center of the tar pit.