2 Confirmed Fatalities I-5 So. of Rogue River
08/21/11 3:56pm

Oregon State Police: Fatal Traffic Crash - Interstate 5 northbound about one mile south of Rogue River near milepost 47 - Single vehicle off highway with two confirmed fatalities - No more information to be released until scene investigation completed - Traffic updates www.tripcheck.com .
umm. So what?
Ummm... might wanna be careful if you're traveling I-5 in that area.
Ummm... my guess is traffic will be snarled up pretty bad. Duh. Dry
I've covered many of these over the years. Never a good thing.
(08-21-2011, 04:13 PM)tvguy Wrote: umm. So what?

If you had a loved one and if they were traveling I-5 today and if they don't show up, they might never again.
Ktvl News

ROGUE RIVER, Ore. -- Two people died at the scene of a rollover accident Sunday afternoon.

It happened around 3 p.m. on I-5 south near milepost 47.

Police say one adult male and one adult female died as a result of an accident involving two cars. Both were pronounced dead on scene and one person was ejected from the car.

The pick-up truck carrying the two people who died rolled over, said Sergeant Mark Byrd with the Oregon State Police.

He says in just the last week they've seen a huge increase of distracted drivers and speeders.

"We have checked cars speed at 107, 102, 99 miles per hour," he said. "I don't know why people are increasing their speed on the interstate freeway. That's just too fast."

Traffic on both sides of the freeway was backed up for miles. One lane of traffic on the southbound lanes was shut down so police could clear the scene.

Police say they are still investigating the cause of the crash.

http://www.ktvl.com/articles/accident-12...kills.html
(08-21-2011, 05:34 PM)PonderThis Wrote:
(08-21-2011, 04:13 PM)tvguy Wrote: umm. So what?

If you had a loved one and if they were traveling I-5 today and if they don't show up, they might never again.

And if I did I wouldn't want to know this accident happened from a forum and zero information was available.

I thought if the roads were closed it would have said so, maybe not.
So every forum post is worthless to you, or only the ones you deem worthless?
(08-21-2011, 06:22 PM)PonderThis Wrote: So every forum post is worthless to you, or only the ones you deem worthless?

Nope not everyone but damn near every post made by your sick lunatic buddy are. His posts are the only posts I ever said were worthless. Him and the other lunatic from the south.

Besides I didn't say this OP was worthless. It was great for people to read and say "OH MY" and yeah there was a chance someone who was on this forum was gonna jump in their rig and hit the freeway.

Sounds to me like seat belts were not being used.
(08-21-2011, 07:17 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-21-2011, 06:22 PM)PonderThis Wrote: So every forum post is worthless to you, or only the ones you deem worthless?

Nope not everyone but damn near every post made by your sick lunatic buddy are. His posts are the only posts I ever said were worthless. Him and the other lunatic from the south.

Besides I didn't say this OP was worthless. It was great for people to read and say "OH MY" and yeah there was a chance someone who was on this forum was gonna jump in their rig and hit the freeway.

Sounds to me like seat belts were not being used.

I was thinking, Wow, RR sucks lately.:wacko:
(08-21-2011, 07:49 PM)Tiamat Wrote: I was thinking, Wow, RR sucks lately.:wacko:

This morning on Facebook, a friend commented the drive from Medford to Grants Pass has been a real drag this summer. Just last Sunday we barely avoided the one near Gold Hill by turning off onto the scenic route as soon as we saw brake lights.
Excuse me? But, I haven't posted on this subject. I'll accept sick, but the lunatic business is getting personal...
I'm checking in to see if there is any change in their condition.
(08-22-2011, 11:25 PM)chuck white Wrote: I'm checking in to see if there is any change in their condition.

Even when belts have been used, there have been fatalities. A few but not many. It happens.

There have been cases where people have been ejected from a vehicle and lived while others strapped in died.

It does happen.