Autumn Blessings.
The weather people tell us that in a few (couple?) of days this glorious weather we have been blessed with will change to rain, making the leaves on the ground soggy, the sky's overcast and dark, the days shorter and mornings cold. 

For each of us one Autumn will be our last. For me, perhaps sooner than you, because that's the nature of things although in an uncertain world there is little we can be sure of.

I've enjoy the past weeks, more aware than usual I think, because the season has been such a delight. Even the light seems brilliant and clear. 

Tonight will be the last baseball game of the season, that "summer game" that helps ease the time for many of us. Football, in the rain and snow will help usher in a new season, and it will bring with it it's own charm and distraction.

Those of us left at this little circle of conversation will continue doing what we do, embedded as we are in our ways and expressions, and hope to at least hold together, the few, the brave.  Smiling

We might remember as we exchange our views and opinions, our feelings and thoughts, that one day it will be the autumn of our lives, that the days will dwindle down to a precious few, and think about the shadows of the words we leave in this space.

Or not. it just fall, after all, and has been so many, many times before. It will be again. Only another season.

But not forever. 

I find a kind of kinship, a pleasure, in returning here or I wouldn't'. 

It's the last game of this years world series, my yard is covered in leaves, and hot coffee tastes even better now. 

It's a privilege to be among you.
Some years Fall is better then others, weather wise and color wise. This years Fall has been a nice one. I've quite enjoyed it so far.
I agree, this years fall has been fantastic.
Are you checking out Wonky?
(11-01-2017, 06:54 PM)Juniper Wrote: Are you checking out Wonky?

Not as as far as I know.  Smiling.  But I've had my "four score and four" and more so you never know. Oh...checking out of the forum? No such luck Tia: I'm here for the duration. 
Have just been enjoying the fall so wanted to try to say as much out loud. 
Soon, we will be fighting the cold. I'll try not to bitch too much about it.
(11-01-2017, 07:20 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(11-01-2017, 06:54 PM)Juniper Wrote: Are you checking out Wonky?

Not as as far as I know.  Smiling.  But I've had my "four score and four" and more so you never know. Oh...checking out of the forum? No such luck Tia: I'm here for the duration. 
Have just been enjoying the fall so wanted to try to say as much out loud. 
Soon, we will be fighting the cold. I'll try not to bitch too much about it.

The cold. Yeah, I have to do something about that!