What's For Dinner?
(01-02-2017, 06:09 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(01-02-2017, 05:22 PM)Juniper Wrote: Funny, I tried the TJ ketchup once because you mentioned it, but I wasn't that impressed.  But the stuff in the stores is pretty awful.

It's what my minds eye says ketchup tasted like back in my childhood.  Smiling I like the simple ingredients (organic tomato puree, organic sugar, organic white vinegar, salt, organic onion powder, organic spices.) deep red color and taste.

Hey, VS, I found some Muir Glenn ketchup at Sherms the other day. Pretty good.  twice the price, but I think it was worth it. I eat very little ketchup.
(01-16-2017, 09:30 AM)Juniper Wrote:
(01-02-2017, 05:22 PM)Juniper Wrote: Funny, I tried the TJ ketchup once because you mentioned it, but I wasn't that impressed.  But the stuff in the stores is pretty awful.

It's what my minds eye says ketchup tasted like back in my childhood.  Smiling I like the simple ingredients (organic tomato puree, organic sugar, organic white vinegar, salt, organic onion powder, organic spices.) deep red color and taste.

Hey, VS, I found some Muir Glenn ketchup at Sherms the other day. Pretty good.  twice the price, but I think it was worth it. I eat very little ketchup.
I found Annie's Organic Ketchup at Safeway... it's really tasty!
(01-16-2017, 10:02 AM)Scrapper Wrote:

I found Annie's Organic Ketchup at Safeway... it's really tasty!

Nice to have options that don't involve going to a town I never shop in, or a store I never go to.

I may have tried it once a long time ago, can't recall what I thought of it though. TJ's ketchup is 1.99.  Smiling
(01-16-2017, 10:25 AM)Valuesize Wrote:

I may have tried it once a long time ago, can't recall what I thought of it though. TJ's ketchup is 1.99.  Smiling
I wasn't too impressed with the TJ ketchup.  They do have cheap prices.  I buy almost nothing there, so it's more worthwhile for me to find something at a store I use rather than one I have to make a special trip to.  And what is it with the parking lots at TJ's?  Are they always awful?
(01-16-2017, 10:28 AM)Juniper Wrote: I wasn't too impressed with the TJ ketchup.  They do have cheap prices.  I buy almost nothing there, so it's more worthwhile for me to find something at a store I use rather than one I have to make a special trip to.  And what is it with the parking lots at TJ's?  Are they always awful?

Fred Meyer and TJ's parking are the worst. This Customer Choice Award Winners flyer just landed in my inbox. The ketchup is the only winner I buy, bu I may try the cheddar slices and soy chorizo.
(01-16-2017, 11:34 AM)Valuesize Wrote:
(01-16-2017, 10:28 AM)Juniper Wrote: I wasn't too impressed with the TJ ketchup.  They do have cheap prices.  I buy almost nothing there, so it's more worthwhile for me to find something at a store I use rather than one I have to make a special trip to.  And what is it with the parking lots at TJ's?  Are they always awful?

Fred Meyer and TJ's parking are the worst. This Customer Choice Award Winners flyer just landed in my inbox. The ketchup is the only winner I buy, bu I may try the cheddar slices and soy chorizo.

Oh, TJ peanut butter cups are AMAZING! Another reason for me to stay away!! Smiling
(01-16-2017, 11:40 AM)Juniper Wrote:

Oh, TJ peanut butter cups are AMAZING! Another reason for me to stay away!! Smiling

TJ's red pepper jelly, peanut satay sauce, and enchilada sauce are excellent...IMO
(01-16-2017, 03:26 PM)Jeep Wrote:
(01-16-2017, 11:40 AM)Juniper Wrote:

TJ's red pepper jelly, peanut satay sauce, and enchilada sauce are excellent...IMO

I will keep that in mind.
Wow, VS, it's been 8 months since we have had a post from you in here. I like all the posts. Scrapper is always making things that look magazine worthy.
I'm hooked on Dream Dinners right now. I checked and they don't have a place in Southern Oregon. I love it! I put together 13 3-serving dishes in less than 2 hours... and then most are under half an hour from fridge (or freezer in some cases) to the table.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
(09-03-2017, 04:30 PM)Scrapper Wrote: I'm hooked on Dream Dinners right now. I checked and they don't have a place in Southern Oregon. I love it! I put together 13 3-serving dishes in less than 2 hours... and then most are under half an hour from fridge (or freezer in some cases) to the table.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Well, that's what I learned today! Never heard of it! Big Grin
(09-03-2017, 04:08 PM)Juniper Wrote: Wow, VS, it's been 8 months since we have had a post from you in here. I like all the posts.  Scrapper is always making things that look magazine worthy.

That's about the time the house hunting madness started. I'm sitting here trying to recall if I've made anything special worthy of posting, but I don't think I have. 

How about this? Anyone like grilling a pizza outside rather than heating the house up?

[Image: 1502334272757-001.jpg]
[Image: 1502334746866-001.jpg]
[Image: 1502336162044-001.jpg]
(09-03-2017, 06:05 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(09-03-2017, 04:08 PM)Juniper Wrote: Wow, VS, it's been 8 months since we have had a post from you in here. I like all the posts.  Scrapper is always making things that look magazine worthy.

That's about the time the house hunting madness started. I'm sitting here trying to recall if I've made anything special worthy of posting, but I don't think I have. 

How about this? Anyone like grilling a pizza outside rather than heating the house up?

[Image: 1502334272757-001.jpg]
[Image: 1502334746866-001.jpg]
[Image: 1502336162044-001.jpg]

Nice! Sometimes I pan fry a pizza in a cast iron pan. Not deep fried in oil, just a little on the bottom.
(09-03-2017, 06:19 PM)Juniper Wrote: Nice! Sometimes I pan fry a pizza in a cast iron pan. Not deep fried in oil, just a little on the bottom.

I've never tried that. Humm...
(09-03-2017, 08:33 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(09-03-2017, 06:19 PM)Juniper Wrote: Nice! Sometimes I pan fry a pizza in a cast iron pan. Not deep fried in oil, just a little on the bottom.

I have pizza dough that I cut into discs and put in the freezer. I just take out a couple, defrost them and then heat up the pan quite thoroughly.  Like 10 minutes or so to get really nice and evenly hot. A layer or spray of oil on the bottom and drop it in and let it cook 3 or 4 minutes on each side.  Pretty good and a different kind of texture also.  By the way, deep fried pizza is yum too, but I never make it. I knew this girl once who only knew how to deep fry everything.  Everything was fried in tons of oil or crisco.  She made great fried pastries and great fried pizzas. She didn't know how to bake, grill or boil apparently.
I'm thinking smoked salmon.
I'll just hang the fish outside.
(09-04-2017, 03:55 PM)chuck white Wrote: I'm thinking smoked salmon.
I'll just hang the fish outside.

That should do it.
We ate at the Old Spaghetti Factory for a end of summer vacation treat. Most dinners are under $15.00 and include hot sourdough bread, soup or salad and ice cream. Very kid friendly. 

We like the South Waterfront location at Christmas time as you can watch the lighted boat parade from your table. 

http://www.osf.com/
(09-03-2017, 09:31 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(09-03-2017, 08:33 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

I have pizza dough that I cut into discs and put in the freezer. I just take out a couple, defrost them and then heat up the pan quite thoroughly.  Like 10 minutes or so to get really nice and evenly hot. A layer or spray of oil on the bottom and drop it in and let it cook 3 or 4 minutes on each side.  Pretty good and a different kind of texture also.  By the way, deep fried pizza is yum too, but I never make it. I knew this girl once who only knew how to deep fry everything.  Everything was fried in tons of oil or crisco.  She made great fried pastries and great fried pizzas. She didn't know how to bake, grill or boil apparently.
How does one boil pizza?