What's For Dinner?
Asian pork noodle soup.
Marinated Tri-tip, Medium-Rare...was very tasty...but something in the marinade sent my allergies into full force. Wheezing, itchy throat coughing, hives...not fun. Sad
(03-07-2012, 09:25 AM)bbqboy Wrote:
(03-07-2012, 09:06 AM)Valuesize Wrote:
(03-07-2012, 08:44 AM)bbqboy Wrote: If you bake it and don't add cabbage it doesn't stink up the house.
Or you can bbq it and presto, pastrami.

What a great idea. What do you think of this guy's recipe?

http://grillinfools.com/blog/2010/03/04/...attys-day/

I bookmarked that. He describes the how-to much better than I did, and I neglected to mention the rinsing part.
Thanks VS! PS I love fried and/or baked cabbage. Takes spicing really well.

1st soak is on. If all goes well I'll cook it tomorrow using the season packet in the last beer marinade stage.
Tonight is Grandson's fourth birthday celebration. His request for the special repast is mac and cheese.
DH does all our cooking. The other night he roasted a turkey breast with two turkey legs. Would you believe a whole turkey would cost $55?! If it's not Thanksgiving, turkey is 'spensive.
CABBAGE ROLL CASSEROLE

1 head cabbage
1 1/2 lb. hamburger meat
1/2 c. rice (raw, not instant)
1 large yellow onion, chopped
1 can tomato soup
2 cans stewed tomatoes, including juice, cut up (4 c.)
Salt & pepper to taste

Core cabbage and slice up whole head in oblong pan. Cook hamburger meat, onions, salt and pepper. Drain off grease. Leave meat in frying pan. Mix soup, rice, tomatoes with meat. Pour over cabbage. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.

I put grated cheddar cheese over the top also.
After poking around in the fridge at all the food my DH likes to buy, I think my piece de resistance tonight will be... Drumroll, please... Sausages and canned baked beans. Yesterday it was frozen pizza. Tomorrow will be... A kitchen disaster, probably. Rolling Eyes
I had Sushi in downtown Grants Pass. Pretty good Sushi! Big Grin
chicken and pepper soft tacos (that's with corn) and avocado and cabbage relish.
Leftovers from dinner at Olive Garden last night. Wink
(with a fresh salad but no breadsticks)
Last night I made chicken enchiladas with fresh made verde sauce and fresh guacamole. It is so easy to make I will never buy another can of enchilada sauce again.
(03-31-2012, 08:34 AM)Valuesize Wrote: Last night I made chicken enchiladas with fresh made verde sauce and fresh guacamole. It is so easy to make I will never buy another can of enchilada sauce again.

Recipe please! Smiling
She's gotta point. There are a lot of green sauces out there. When you say you made a salsa verde sauce, that's not quite the same as a green chile sauce. Saying you won't buy a can of enchilada sauce again, implies you made something that tastes like a green chile sauce. But, I'm guessing you made a salsa verde with tomatillos. Both are delicious.! Which one did you make?
This worked really well as a enchilada sauce. You could add a little sour cream to this just prior to pouring it over your enchiladas for another variation.

Ingredients:

(serves 8 hungry people eating tacos in one sitting, but likely will last you longer to serve with the leftovers of your other cooked authentic Mexican recipes for another day…)

250g of tomatillos
2 garlic cloves
1/4 medium size onion
4 jalapeño peppers
3 branches of cilantro
salt and pepper
clean water

Preparation:

1. Using a pot on a stove with just enough water to cover the ingredients, cover and boil the tomatillos, roughly chopped garlic, roughly chopped onion, and roughly chopped jalapeños on medium heat. I say “roughly” chopped because you don’t need to dice these up; you can leave them in fairly big chunks.

2. Once boiled, (5 min.) carefully pour that into a blender so that only about 1 cup of the water is added to the rest of the ingredients, then add the cilantro branches, and then blend on your blender’s slowest setting.

3. Finish by adding a few dashes of salt, followed by a little black pepper, and stir that around manually with a spoon, then pour it into a salsa bowl and serve!

http://eauthenticmexicanrecipes.com/mexi...alsa-verde
Grams??? How do I figure grams?? Big Grin

Looks delicious VS.
can tell you're not a pot smoker Big Grin
(03-31-2012, 01:50 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Grams??? How do I figure grams?? Big Grin

Looks delicious VS.

Google of course. 250 grams = 8.81849049 ounces.
(03-31-2012, 04:40 PM)bbqboy Wrote: can tell you're not a pot smoker Big Grin

Yeah, I guess so.Embarrassed
[Image: 1aprdumplin.jpg]
Chile Pepper dumplings. I have never made my own dumplings, these are from Asia Grocery.
hamburgers cooked on the grill (no pink slime I know where this meat came from).
Asian chicken and noodle egg drop soup. Home made.